HWBOT Community Forums

AI SUITE II Fix or how to not support your product!

As anyone known our X86-64 cpu are full of flaws, from the basic hardware logic/instructions to higher level of software!

Since Asus deny any support to customers owning old rigs/motherboard, did someone skilled enough to understand what make it crash and propose something to fix the Asus AI suite II?

I could not find any fix for the the AI suite II and Asus as usual seems dropped any support.

Anyone have some ideas on how to get it work with the last windows patch, to get back some fan control, the only module i really need from the suite.

Thanks in advance!

Edited by Guest

Yeah i know, as i could uninstall the M$ patch. But i would like to get both if possible.

Still it would be great to have fan control without had to reboot to set it up into the bios.

Get back some control on the server fan that cool my 290 VRM would be great!

Edited by Guest

To be honest, eventually lets stop to consider Asus a candy shop with 4 employees, it is, from what i know, a giant company. Who knows i could be wrong also on this one and it is actually a candy shop!?

I digress, have you at least a possible temporary fix that could restore some FanXpert functionalities or getting back some fan control?

I tried to get the patched AI Suite III main installer to use it with the AI Suite II FanXpert module, but obviously it says "system not supported".

Edited by Guest

Up, some ideas please meanwhile the too busy ASUS employees "eventually" fix AI suite II.

I really need some fan control on my motherboard!

Did speedfan support the Nuvoton I/O controller chip used in the ASUS P8Z68 Dlx?

The bios have the fan control but i need to reboot each time i want to oc the gpu for benching/gaming. Also the default bios is quite loud, especially because of the gpu fan that cool the 290 vrm, it's a server fan.

I would need a 15$ rehobus, but i have almost 10 fan in my bunnypoopy rig, some are hocked to the H100i, some to the motherboard, some directly to a molex.

Unfortunately the controller board of the H100 that cool the gpu is gone, so i lost the fan control on it and use the motherboard one instead.

My computer is a mess and i don't have money to upgrade it, i just need something to control these damn fans, was thinking about speedfan but it have been ages since i used it. Dunno even if it support the mb nuvoton I/O controller.

Look like something like this, real mess, that why i need some damn fan control, the only module i was using from AI suite was the FanXpert one and was working pretty well!

https://imgur.com/IR7vnIc

Edited by Guest

The ASUS Saga continue!

On the ROG, "Republic of Granny" forum an user posted a working fix.

Since the fixed AI Suite III do not recognize the old platforms, the user used the patched GPU Tweak II installer to fix the issue of AI Suite II.

i)I had already installed on the rig AI Suite II launcher with the FanXpert module installed.

ii)Download the fixed GPU Tweak II from the ASUS site or from here: http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/vga/app/GPUTweak2_Ver1605_20180110.zip?_ga=2.108981570.1948864610.1516254999-275785235.1516254999

iii)Install GPU Tweak II.

iv)Check if it restore the AI Suite launcher, in my case now the launcher as FanXpert module work again.

v)Uninstall GPU Tweak II if owning an AMD gpu, since any 3rd party programs bork the AMD driver.

vi)Finally get back some deserved fan control and i can hear myself thinking again.

After the X299 vrm fiasco and the poor support showed for the TR X399 platform, i will never buy anymore/anything from ASUS.

Gigabyte here i come for any future mb purchase.

Still i will not drop this thread and will up it time to time until ASUS fix the program. We will see how much time the "eventually" fix will take.

Edited by Guest

GL;HF Gigabunnypoope mobos have been some of the worst mobos as of late for me.

Because the ASUS ones are far better, yeah!?

You need to have something better to be able to compare, i'm happy for you if you leverage that ASUS boards are better than the Giga ones.

But honestly if i had to buy bad product in our actual tech landscape, at least i choose the one that not deceived me as support.

And i think you can't really say that ASUS have clearly decent support, or the ASUS one is clearly better than the Giga one.

Edited by Guest

It's always fun to read, still i provided content if someone need, still you get informed on an issue regarding a tool, still the program have not been updated!

I stopped to post on any other forum pointless, i.e did the users that posted on the ROG forum get any better answer than "eventually"?

If you do not like this post/thread, invent the reason you wish, close it and ban me.

Otherwise speaking sense is often not appreciated and certainly not expect to be appreciated here!

Last thing, it is not because something do not regard you personally that it do not regard someone else and should be thrashed, this thread served you as example; maybe also think about that!

Edited by Guest

• Crew

Look for me it is not the content of the thread it is the agressive way of telling your story... It is like your issue is the most important on this planet...

To be honest I'm sorry, but if I was at the other side of having to support your issue, I surely would not be motivated to pull of an extra effort...

Probably it is the outcome of you are not being helped, but still tone down and stay calm at all times... You can't imagine the pressure on all these people developping our fav hardware and included software... Intel and AMD are releasing CPUs at a way too fast pace...

At least you got a temporary fix, so hopefully the fan issues are ironed out in the next release

Edited by Leeghoofd

It's not about me, but about all others users, especially the ones that are not skilled and know nothing about hardware, that expect support or a decent answer.

Here we are not speaking about updating an old tool, we speak about having at least a working tool. That's the issue maybe you are not taking into account. Having a product that is not working anymore and obviously it is not the consumer fault, nor the consumer expect updates, the consumer expect something that at least barely work!

Then in my case if you interested in, i need fan control when i want oc, i don't deserve paying a rehobus or rebooting each time i want to push my gpu farther than the usual user! As said, as user i deserve to have a working tool as all other users even i could be more skilled than the basic one!

Once in a while put your toe into other shoes, and think about that, as stated in the post above yours!!!! And FIY i know exactly what it mean providing support for bios and drivers, it is not an easy task, but here again we are speaking about a tool that work on a broad range of product, not like one have to update each product on his own!

Edited by Guest

If you consider yourself a bencher, then you should be aware that fans should be connected to external fan controllers. Any motherboard should be free of any power draw, while benching.

AI suite, has never been one of Asus highlights.

The same applies to Giga's Easy Tune and any other vendor's suite.

Processes running in the background, is a big No-No in benching.

These suites, are a candy cake for kids, and have the same importance as RGB lighting.

Yeah "sports", whatever you want!

Just to let you know that you can set up the fan speed and then close any related program. I suppose it edit the NVRAM setting of the bios but not sure about that, i suppose it is the same when you set up voltages controls from windows!

At least it is what i do when i need to bench.

Also i'm absolutely not at the same level of great proud ocers "sport", i still bench for fun, i have not the money atm to get really into it and compete with, even i'm not a complete "bunnypoop" at it! I'm still running a 2600K and a R9 290, if you know what i mean!

As for the RGB, to be honest i hate that stuff, so you found the wrong person to complain with about, "sports"! I wish there were mobo without any RGB at all, but it seems impossible nowadays.

Better bad VRM heatsink and RGB than good VRM heatsink and no RGB at all, it seems!

Edited by Guest

• Crew
but here again we are speaking about a tool that work on a broad range of product, not like one have to update each product on his own!

This compatibility is usually the biggest issue... fix one thing, break two...

I'll report it to my ASUS Benelux contact if you can give me a detailed run down via email plz (albrecht@hwbot.org)

And plz try to remain calm, no need for enabling agressor mode all the time...

No need to send you anything special on your mail, the issue is well known by ASUS and already reported on the ROG forum, reddit, and other forums. A lot of users complained about and asked a fix, the answer gave by both Raja/Elmor was "eventually"!!

It is the same issue that GPU Tweak and AI Suite III faced, the last M$ update KB4056892, i suppose, issued to mitigate the securities flaws our CPU are facing, break the tool.

Last time i checked the M$ event viewer to find the specific error, it showed a kernelbase.dll generic error, quite obvious.

The fix found by an user posted on the ROG forum is to install a patched version of an ASUS tool, it worked with the last version of GPU Tweak issued the 01/01/18.

And sincerely there is no compatibility issue here, i suppose it need just some dedicated time to translate the fix found on the others tools and build an updated AI Suite II launcher, the modules are fine!

Edited by Guest

• 2 weeks later...

Also AI Suite II seems to be working again with the last windows patch KB4058258.

I did not tried personally to uninstall and reinstall but it is what reported on the ROG forum.

Still as an user pointed out on the ROG forum, these issue with the AI Suite are quite strange, to the point that AI III get a patch from Asus, AI II from M$.

Edited by Guest

a fix from M$ to me would seem they broke something and then fixed it. It's not often they make an OS update for a vendor's software issues.

Also keep in mind that Asus are a hardware company (and they are really good at that). I've always found ALL their software to be buggy and should only be used as a visual if used at all. Same goes for Gigabyte's EasyTune.. if you've never had an issue with either of their software packages, you didn't use it enough. Lots of better supported software out there that works great...

if wanting to adjust a GPU fan, I'd recommend MSI Afterburner, great utility and it just works. works with both ATI and nVidia cards.

Gigabyte are a near waste these days. They were great in the era of X58 and older with very few exceptions of "Special" board releases since. I have a small boneyard of gigabyte boards that failed under normal use and were rejected for RMA and returned as "nothing wrong"... but there they are... RAID/SATA failures, Bad Ram Slots. These were day to day PC's.. not benchers...

Before you spend $ on a gigabyte board, go to the Gigabyte Support Forum over at Tweaktown.

Vin

a fix from M$ to me would seem they broke something and then fixed it. It's not often they make an OS update for a vendor's software issues.

Also keep in mind that Asus are a hardware company (and they are really good at that). I've always found ALL their software to be buggy and should only be used as a visual if used at all. Same goes for Gigabyte's EasyTune.. if you've never had an issue with either of their software packages, you didn't use it enough. Lots of better supported software out there that works great...

if wanting to adjust a GPU fan, I'd recommend MSI Afterburner, great utility and it just works. works with both ATI and nVidia cards.

Gigabyte are a near waste these days. They were great in the era of X58 and older with very few exceptions of "Special" board releases since. I have a small boneyard of gigabyte boards that failed under normal use and were rejected for RMA and returned as "nothing wrong"... but there they are... RAID/SATA failures, Bad Ram Slots. These were day to day PC's.. not benchers...

Before you spend $ on a gigabyte board, go to the Gigabyte Support Forum over at Tweaktown.

Vin

NOT funny at all.

1) Gigabyte Aorus X399 Gaming 7 with Threadripper 1950X at 4.1ghz and 64gb of ram.

Working 18 hours daily as a dedicated heavy load workstation, with 8 SSD's and 2 x Titan XP. No issue.

2) Gigabyte Aorus Z370 Gaming 7. Everyday PC. Loaded with tons of goodies. Almost 20 hours daily. NO ISSUE.

3) Gigabyte Z270 SOC - limited edition. Benched more than 100 times under cold. Looks and is as new.

4) Gigabyte X99 Champion. Sold, but was rock solid for more than 2 years.

Maybe it is the user to blame and not the products ?

Or maybe you are working / supporting another manufacturer ?

This thread was/is for an issue with AI suite.

How come you explode with flames on Gigabyte ???