HWBOT Community Forums

Report a important failure

rbuass

This video not intend to offend, attack or accuse any overclocker, but just prove that failures.

I sent no scores since 2015, and even my best scores I did not send (we made in events and Live streams), so I am no more pro active in the League.

But I keep overclocking, teaching and sharing the art of overclocking every day, that I like too much, and remember two years ago, we reported a bug in Futuremark's detection system (System Info).

In it, the decrease of the base clock of the CPU changed the time and took it out of synchrony (time of the benchmark different from the time of the windows), improving the results in a unreal way.

Many people criticized our work, but a few days later, Futuremark made the change and Hwbot recognized our information as legitimate:

http://hwbot.org/newsflash/3225_futuremark_tightens_rtc_validation_check_following_tecmundo_and_rbuass_findings

We are always studying and evaluating the possibilities and this time, again with Futuremark, we discovered a serious fault.

We from GALAX team reported it to Futuremark and we hope that the problem will be corrected soon.

Apart from that, we would like to make it clear that we like it very much and consider its high quality tests, and not intend to drive that question for anyone.

I even noticed we have a new Revision and wish the best for Hwbot and all community.

Maybe someday I will be back to the league.

Sorry the broken english

rbuass

Great job and thanks for english captions. I think we should dump all old scores and start fresh when they can fix it or you are allowing possible cheats to benefit.

Orrrrr

Allow lod

Agree

Not only allow, but teach everybody how to apply to improve the scores.

Don't need to worry about the old scores, but to keep fair for everyone that nice tweak from now, in my opinion.

Further, there are about 50 combinations per benchmark to find the best... that's a lot of job ðŸ˜

Edited by rbuass

Hi All,

You don't have to wait for the benchmark to start running and try to trick it.

When using nvidia inspector do not apply it to the "global profile" , open the drop down select the "Time Spy Profile" change the settings and hit apply. That's it no more input required. It will open and give a valid result every time while keeping the LOD settings.

All The Best

Hillguy

Edited by Hillguy

Hi All,

You don't have to wait for the benchmark to start running and try to trick it.

When using nvidia inspector do not apply it to the "global profile" , open the drop down select the "Time Spy Profile" change the settings and hit apply. That's it no more input required. It will open and give a valid result every time while keeping the LOD settings.

All The Best

Hillguy

It is exactly like that.