HWBOT Community Forums

UK Bench Meet #4 MKII

After the last one never happened. This one is. I have booked the venue already so this thread is to let you know what is happening.

The meet is on the 3/4th of march in a game shop in Lancaster called Lancaster Broad and Sword which is located on Sun Street.

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/17+Sun+St,+Lancaster+LA1+1EW/@54.049685,-2.8022341,723m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m5!3m4!1s0x487b627f1e7ae77d:0xc6ccf70e135a2ee8!8m2!3d54.0496259!4d-2.8024335?hl=en

We will have lots of LN2!

Everyone in the uk is welcome to come whether you are a noob or a vetran overclocker.

It will cost £10 per person per day as long as well get 10+ people to have a space at the event. LN2 will be extra and will be charged based on much much you use (~£1 per litre)

There are plenty of hotels in the area and i havent been there myself so idk which is best, but there are plenty to choose from. You will have to book and pay for your own accommodation.

The Shop opening hours are 10am-7pm on the Saturday and 10am-5pm on the Sunday. I would recommend that anyone coming arrives in the morning to get setup and bench asap.

Anyone using LN2 will have to sign a health and safety form which i can send to you before the event if you message me, so you dont have to fill it out on the day. Anyone new to LN2 will get instructions on how to use it safely by someone with experience on the day.

I will probably update this thread as i think of anything else i need to put in it i guess :P

For people coming to the meet don't forget:

Mouse

Keyboard

Monitor (with any power/video cables)

Pots for LN2

Blow torch/heatgun/hairdyer

Insulation Materials

All your hardware

Spare HDD/SSD with cloned OS in case you break windows with oc

PSU and cables

USB Stick for uploading/saving scores or getting os and drivers

Thermal Paste

Optional things:

Spare pots or hardware like boards or mems people can borrow

Any questions?

People who are coming:

Jumper118

Mickulty

Buildzoid

Dragon Soop

Seal2fast

gavbon

No1Spank

Maybe's:

GeorgeStorm

Noxinite

Infuriare

Edited by Jumper118

99% sure I'll be there, probably in a spectator capacity though...unless I can sort some suitable boards in time!

FWIW I'm sure I could dig out something old for you to play with, I have a few 775 CPUs that cost me <£1 each and haven't been tested past post. Mostly P4-based.

• Crew

Hi guys. Here it is:

http://hwbot.org/newsflash/5067_join_the_uk_bench_meet_4_mkii_lancaster_england_on_march_3rd_and_4th

Let me know if there are any inaccuracies.

And feel free to pass on photos / videos and any other content that I can use to do a news post once it's over. Always good to share stuff like this with the community. Cheers.

Hi guys. Here it is:

http://hwbot.org/newsflash/5067_join_the_uk_bench_meet_4_mkii_lancaster_england_on_march_3rd_and_4th

Let me know if there are any inaccuracies.

And feel free to pass on photos / videos and any other content that I can use to do a news post once it's over. Always good to share stuff like this with the community. Cheers.

great artical :) I will be posting all my pics in this thread and on mlg forum after the event :D

Looks like the weather has screwed us over, no LN2 coming and the travel situation for prospective attendees isn't great either.  Waiting on "official" word from Jumper but looks like the full event will almost certainly have to be called off.  I can host a few people round mine for people who have already booked time off, hotels etc and can still get to Lancaster easily and safely.