HWBOT Rev7.1 Proposed change: minimum points even below cutoff

Message added by richba5tard

APPROVED - implemented on test server

Implement minimum points change in rev 7.1  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Implement minimum points change in rev 7.1

This poll is closed to new votes

• Administrators

This was a decision made to balance the ranking, hwbot already pushed really hard towards 3d with rev7 and it was decided we can not over-emphasize this even more. I would have no problem with re-enabling globals for 06 single if we balance the ranking by finally stripping 3 and 4way multi card for 01,05 and 06 and 2,3 and 4way for aquamark 3. Reason is no scaling at all for 3way  and higher for legacies and for am3 2way as well bc it is bugged.

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, websmile said:

This was a decision made to balance the ranking, hwbot already pushed really hard towards 3d with rev7 and it was decided we can not over-emphasize this even more. I would have no problem with re-enabling globals for 06 single if we balance the ranking by finally stripping 3 and 4way multi card for 01,05 and 06 and 2,3 and 4way for aquamark 3. Reason is no scaling at all for 3way  and higher for legacies and for am3 2way as well bc it is bugged.

Sounds good to me

• Administrators
42 minutes ago, richba5tard said:

I don't understand. Don't give global points for 3x / 4x GPU rankings for 3D06, but do for 1x / 2x? We don't have that functionality. I can mark 06 as "single threaded" which would mean all amount of cards would be mixed in 1 ranking.

Are you sure? Maybe you might mix up world record and globals, just a wild guess

http://hwbot.org/submission/3785121_ikki_3dmark05_2x_radeon_hd_4870x2_77128_marks

http://hwbot.org/submission/3724101_dancop_3dmark05_geforce_gtx_980_ti_92221_marks

There is a global ranking for 4x and one for 1x for example, but for world record there is just a single ranking. Of course I do not know if you can configure this, but in theory this could work.

P.s. in worst case and this is not configurable single threaded would be OK, but we still have the Aquamark problem then which due to the bug scores higher in sli than single despite not scaling. I think Rauf will give info on this^^

Im fine with legacy only single cards honestly we need to start letting these benches with no verification left die for global points. You can ever change the benchmark settings without being able to tell with no links for verification required. 

6 hours ago, websmile said:

Yes I'm sure but the suggestion I made did not make sense. :) If you would mark an application as single threaded, there is just one global ranking, and it would effectively be the same as the benchmark/worldrecord ranking. So, it would work technically but stupid suggestion nonetheless. :D