HWBOT Community Forums
liq_met

Change specs (common theme)

Please change specs the GeForce GTX 650. Because it haves 768 vertexShaders and compability of PCI-Express Gen 3.0.

I think I was mistaken. Then fix gtx 1080 at 2560 and add vertex shaders for GTX 1060,GTX 1070, HD Graphics 630, GTX 1070 Ti, GTX 1080 Ti. It about compare menu.

Ok. But remain mass GTX, e.g 1050 Ti, HD Graphics 5300, HD Graphics 520 (mobile)

Radeon RX 480,HD Graphics 620 (mobile),GeForce GTX 1050,HD Graphics 4000 ...

Edited by liqmet

I kind of reverted the change from yesterday. The thing is that are many cards in hwbot have wrong specs- 99% of the users are happy if there is a category to submit. It would take very long to fix all of our 1000+ cards in the db. I have other priorities. So probably we wont fix the specs for every card.

On the topic:

I killed the vertex shaders from the cards again. Mainly because on newer GPUs there are vertex, pixel, compute shaders and so on unified.

Most of the time people say the card has e.g. 4096 Shaders or Shading Units or like in our case, Stream Processors.

Vertex Shaders are clearly a thing of the past < Geforce 7 it simply shouldnt be in the description of a younger gen GPU.

Document on the topic (although in german):

https://www12.cs.fau.de/edu/map/ss13/talks/Evolution_of_GPUs.pdf