HWBOT Community Forums

Challenger Divisions I II III new scenario

superpatodonaldo

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Crew

well Ozzie I took the decision to pull all the scores, hope that lightens up your life a bit more. Seems there can't be OC without drama and you seem to be man in full force to keep me entertained for 2018. As mentioned before some have removed their previous scores and submitted them again to be in the time frame. Background rule was added on the 4th, still submissions were done without and some with, go figure that... Some subs have the date there, some haven't,... Too many issues so cleaned it up sledgehammer style...

But don't overdrama it all, the hardware and other points are still there for your subs, it is not like they have been pulled. Sorry no competition points, sorry I can't please you all in my free time... No matter which decision I took it always would impact someone...

I hope we can move forward and try to get this thing back on its rails...

thanks to Websmile again for quickly solving some last minute stuff

well Ozzie I took the decision to pull all the scores, hope that lightens up your life a bit more. Seems there can't be OC without drama and you seem to be man in full force to keep me entertained for 2018. As mentioned before some have removed their previous scores and submitted them again to be in the time frame. Background rule was added on the 4th, still submissions were done without and some with, go figure that... Some subs have the date there, some haven't,... Too many issues so cleaned it up sledgehammer style...

But don't overdrama it all, the hardware and other points are still there for your subs, it is not like they have been pulled. Sorry no competition points, sorry I can't please you all in my free time... No matter which decision I took it always would impact someone...

I hope we can move forward and try to get this thing back on its rails...

thanks to Websmile again for quickly solving some last minute stuff

listen mate , dont try put the blame on me, for bots stuff ups, and i got more important things to do than even contemplate to try entertain you for 2018 as you put it, its about time you blokes in bot got it right for once and stop making piss weak decisions and excuses for your stuff ups on a continual basis, there is OC drama yes, thats part an partial of OCing, but BOTS decisions or shall i say, the lack there of has also been a big contributor of those OCing dramas, or what ??, ill say what i reckon the problems are and im not tryin to have a go here but jesus, its year after year and the same old thing each year

every year its all just "chucked together" then someone comes up with a ahhh that'll fix it we'll do that, then that leads to another that'll fix it scenario and so on its been going, look i understand its a hard job to do, i get that, but surely after all these years there has to be some sort of solid format to follow, and that just doesnt seem the case in the past few yrs to be followed, there's always something that pops up and stuffing up and not allowing things to run smooth like it should be, no background, then a background, scores not right, computations not right, cant submit on bot, scores and points dont come up for days on end, and on it goes, ask anyone with the balls to say so, im not scared to say so and i just have !!!!

and bot is down now lol

Traffic jam! The HWBOT engine is currently overloaded.Error 504

We are experiencing too high load. Check back shortly!

Edited by ozzie

• Administrators

What you write is simply wrong - the comp is ready for 10 weeks and was online for a month - if you want to complain complain to new general manager who caused this chaos because he was unable to make and provide a background like it was planned and tasked weeks before the challengers started but simply decided one day before the start that "a background is not crucial". So send him a pm instead of discussing this with people who did nothing wrong

• Members
What you write is simply wrong - the comp is ready for 10 weeks and was online for a month - if you want to complain complain to new general manager who caused this chaos because he was unable to make and provide a background like it was planned and tasked weeks before the challengers started but simply decided one day before the start that "a background is not crucial". So send him a pm instead of discussing this with people who did nothing wrong

Can't we blame the previous owner(s) for knowingly handing it over to someone who didn't have the time/experience etc to handle the workload at the moment? :)

All this shouting... Hate the bot, wasting ln2. Blah blah, what other place are you going to go to compete. You say its run so poorly well then why don't you make a better one. Because you can't. You think it's easy and so blatantly so that anyone could do it. Why hasn't asus made a hwbot why hasn't intel? There are aspects many of you can't comprehend.

Instead of complaining about an unfortunate oversight why dont you be happy you have a place to compete and at least there is an attempt to remain functional during an immense transitioning period ffs. It is never a waste of time or ln2 if ocing is something you love and not something you're using to profit off of.

• Administrators

The point is not to put the blame on someone but to make a correct analysis why this happened to avoid making similar mistakes in the future again. Asking for something that has been done like putting the challengers online early (as said, concept is ready for two months nearly and the stages were online several weeks before 1st of february) will not help prevent stuff like this in the future because it was simply a bad call by one person. This could have been prevented by a simple thing like believing that staff knows what they talk about after running challengers for four or five years now. Frederik does an awesome job at re-organizing things including rev7 and new upcoming forum and so on, but especially if you already have too much work it is better to rely on decisions done by people who have the experience and knowledge at certain topics, otherwise this ends at fiiasco and tons of extra work for Albrecht for example like it did here.

It is never a waste of time or ln2 if ocing is something you love and not something you're using to profit off of.

LOL I never said it was a total waste anyway I got points for it just a little upsetting is all there is plenty of LN2 where that came from just gotta take time to go get it is all

Lol, people complaining about having subs removed for no background. True they failed to communicate it going into the 1st weekend of the comp, but I have to ask who subs a score weekend 1 that they don't feel they could do better next session? The big scores drop last week of comp almost always. I know there are some exceptions like when OCN destroyed the ddr2 record early in team cup last year, but those are exceptions not a rule. I know I have no issue having my 2600k subs taken down, I was already benching the 2600k for hd 3000 and figured I'd bench the relevant benches while I was at it. Tbh I was planning on rebenching anyways as that 2600k doesn't go above 5.35 ghz (or I don't know how to oc sandy, very likely) and I found a deal so I have 4 2600ks on the way. Plus 32m in win 7? xD I can drop 30s off that score without improving my oc at all. So I think being forced to rebench gives us all an excuse to get bigger scores before the comp is over. One thing I wonder about that I may've missed, so is sandy-e allowed for div 7? Or was that a mistake? Cause I don't feel like getting destroyed by "lame" 3930k oc when I push my 2600k.

honestly, this place is being run more stupid by the day, since when has there been no background for any comp ? challenger or not, then the decision comes up theres no background for any challenger division, then people sub, those subs are legitimate and should be reinstated because of the RULES, 4 days ago, id like to know who made that stupid decision, but well never know will we, too embarrassing to say, they way its goin people dont know who is arthur and who is martha in comps with whatever rule, mandatory or not, seriously, this is ridiculous , you guys need to have a serious sit down and thrash things out and get it straight ....."for once"

Looking on the brightside, and hopefully seeing this issue solved in a fair manner

Can't HWBOT approve those previous screenshots submissions and add a stamp like

"HWBOT APPROVED THIS SUB WITHOUT BACKGROUND BEFORE OFFICIAL WALLPAPER WAS RELEASED on 2/7/2018" ?

I think no users would complain...

The responsability is on the staff staff for changing their rules after the competition opened, I think it would be fair to keep them (the subs, and the staff :D)

Edited by bolc

• Crew

Nope not rolling back, all compos have been moderated yesterday, the knife cuts on all sides...

Honestly this was my first intention, till I saw some trustworthy OCers didn't have the date displayed, submitted cut-off screens,... or the evil ol ones that re-used old scores, even from previous compos... too time intensive to wade through 300+ individual subs with a magnifying glass...

Edited by Leeghoofd

• Crew
did the rules changed, taskbar + date display mandatory ...?

meaning screenshot with explorer.exe loaded, and time adjusted?

How can one prove you did the benchmark in February or before? Something has to be there, otherwise resubmit galore inbound... One thing we learned is that OCers are loophole finding wizards. We have seen too much fiddling with screenshots over the years. It is all those nifty things which have happened in the past that we became so over regulated... I guess that should be the fairness you refer too. Fairness towards the hobby, yep a hobby and your fellow OCers. The crimes of the past are the reason of the state we are at now... If only people just pressed "start benchmark" after clocking up cpu, mem and gpu...

This is my final post to explain the reason of the score removal in this competition, no further debating

How can one prove you did the benchmark in February or before? Something has to be there, otherwise resubmit galore inbound... One thing we learned is that OCers are loophole finding wizards. We have seen too much fiddling with screenshots over the years. It is all those nifty things which have happened in the past that we became so over regulated... I guess that should be the fairness you refer too. Fairness towards the hobby, yep a hobby and your fellow OCers. The crimes of the past are the reason of the state we are at now... If only people just pressed "start benchmark" after clocking up cpu, mem and gpu...

This is my final post to explain the reason of the score removal in this competition, no further debating

Amen!

General writing for you all. Lots of testosterone in this this thread & some major drama queens.

Not one of you would like the amount of criticism & mean posting thrust forward onto the new Revision 7 staff. It's unpleasant for them to battle all this negativity.

A transition period as Splave put it, for the new HWbot to sure up & improve correctness.

This requires some time & patience.

Be nice to each other & show some respect. You get alot further in this world with common courtesy. Please & thankyou go a long way. Write better to another person & they are more willing to help you.

____

Anger begets more anger ... your cause is lost.

till I saw some trustworthy OCers didn't have the date displayed, submitted cut-off screens,... or the evil ol ones that re-used old scores, even from previous compos... too time intensive to wade through 300+ individual subs with a magnifying glass...

Cheating man this does my head in. How can you feel good about yourself if you knowingly submit dodgy scores. :( One way to serve up justice is " name & shame " repeat offenders.

I'm sure you know some here who keep doing it.

Praise where it is deserved. Leeghoofd you dish it out as good as you receive.

Think HWbot would benefit from you taking a greater role.

Already shown your leadership skills in Team Cup. That Madshrimps LN2 750 liters onslaught was perfection. That's overclocking turned professional sport.

Keep it real folks. Submit your best but be honest in your efforts

Edited by Guest