HWBOT Community Forums

Sandy Bridge G470

bolc

• 3 weeks later...
40 minutes ago, Leeghoofd said:

Is it the one of your subs ? If yes I'll take it, , tired of buyng these cpus that can't do more than 1000mem speed

How much is shipping to belgium plz? 

I don't know how your g470s are so bad? I've binned probably at least 10 and 1100-1150 is basically a given. Are you sure it's not your board/wrong vccsa and vccio? I haven't had an imc flake out with the 2133 divider until you start hitting about 109+ bclk. Are you trying to use hypers? Cause I did find that sandy despises hypers and I had to use psc. If you need any help with locked sandy OC I can share a little.

• Crew

I don't have any G470, but the few pentiums I had were both limited by IMC, it is not the settings it is the CPU for sure... postcode 23 IMC, pop in a 2500 or 2600K and 2200 speeds is no problem... tried on max IV Gene and Max V extreme... no use CPU is a dud

Edited by Leeghoofd

12 minutes ago, Leeghoofd said:

I don't have any G470, but the few pentiums I had were both limited by IMC, it is not the settings it is the CPU for sure... postcode 23 IMC, pop in a 2500 or 2600K and 2200 speeds is no problem... tried on max IV Gene and Max V extreme... no use CPU is a dud

You were doing ivy pentiums right? I've found the sandy IMC to be very consistent, but for the few ivy pents that I've binned for hd graphics (ivy) I found the imc to be very variable, some did 1800 max and others did 2350 so it seems you really have to bin the IMC on ivy with the low tier chips. It's a shame that my mve has murdered all of my ivy pents if I try unstable mem settings (I can only assume it was slamming vccsa and vccio when trying to train in ln2 mode) otherwise I might have had some ivy chips to offload. Took me 6 chips just to finally get one that could sub scores before being murdered, and it was a 1926 mhz limited imc.

4 hours ago, Leeghoofd said:

I have 2 cpus left, one I keep for now (that I submitted my best scores with), and a second one, which seems slightly lower in term of bclk. I have a 4k result with it at 0.58 fps and 105 bclk (see screen). ram was also lower than the one who did 107+

my M5F is still mounted, I could pop it in and see if the ram 2133 was doable, I can't remember now (I started testing with 1866 both, but eventually went with the best at 2133). I should redo the best too ... since my tWCL was misput at 8 instead of 7 for CAS7 :D
not sure if this guy can do more than 105, whether skew or cold cooling may help, andI tend to be really gentle, too gentle, on vccsa and io. I might give a boost there :D
image_id_1985797.jpg

6 minutes ago, bolc said:

no magic indeed, but if you have specific parameters I may try on M5F or M5E, let me know.

will give a try thursday

++

As soon as I can get it to actually save my profile to a USB I have a "magic" bclk profile for sandy bclk. It won't help every chip, but my experience has been that if the chip doesn't like it then it wasn't going to be a 109+ chip anyways. I think there is a little scaling from cold, but mainly binning is what matters as I've also had chips that won't break 106 bclk on ss. For my g470 gold I had bin like 5 or 6 chips. I have probably another 10 more that I ordered before I knew how many to bin, so I'll test those and see how many do 108+ and 109+ when I get around to it.

No worries, I will flood the market but it'll be US market. After shipping I can't see most of my rejects being worth it across seas. Although part of that has been that US fleabay has been very kind to me, I've never paid >$20 per chip. Can't speak for other markets. Now to track down some l3014's that are less than $90 a piece :D 

8 minutes ago, Leeghoofd said:

Fleabay here ask similar pricing as Bolc, btn 30-45 euros...

I can sell both for 50 :D but can rebench #2 first.
I have a G860 on the board, it is funky since I could go to almost 107 and cpu-z valid but now no way I can make 105... I may have something similar with #2