HWBOT Community Forums

The official Old School is Best School Season 4 Round 1 thread

TASOS

16 hours ago, TAGG said:

I fixed at least 1000 pins over the past 2 days, this weekend i'll try figuring out the platform and how to bin pentium MMX :)

IMG_0006.JPG

my best 166 and 200 finish spi 1m at 133 * 2.5=333mhz  at 3.65-3.7V on air

Edited by GRIFF
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, GRIFF said:

my best 166 and 200 finish spi 1m at 133 * 2.5=333mhz  at 3.65-3.7V on air

Thanks for the tip, for 3,7 i'll have to mod my board first, since the GA-5AX only goes up to 3,5V :)

@avalance from left to right 166 / 200 / 233 MHz one stack for each type :)

Thanks for the tip, for 3,7 i'll have to mod my board first, since the GA-5AX only goes up to 3,5V

What rev' do you have ?

if you'll do it can you please share me some pictures of it ? i'll be grateful for that ;)

i have the 5.2 ;)

Edited by hyve

I have the 3.2.

I made the change to the card in order to adjust the voltage Vccio. For high fsb 135 or 140 mhz these cards need high Vccio, 3.8V in my case to make windows boot at 140 mhz.
The problem however is the cache that normally takes 115-125 mhz and only in rare cases more. Without cache, however, the result super pi 1m is bad.

20180216_035339[1].jpg

• Like 1

14 hours ago, hyve said:

What rev' do you have ?

if you'll do it can you please share me some pictures of it ? i'll be grateful for that ;)

i have the 5.2 ;)

10 hours ago, TAGG said:

I have the 4.1 I'll share pictures and results of binning when I'm done :)

You are both willing to take a risk , on a board you cant easily replace ???

2 hours ago, TASOS said:

You are both willing to take a risk , on a board you cant easily replace ???

What would I get from not risking it? Also it's not that hard to find a 5-AX i got two of them, unfortunately one was DOA (i get them from the scrap so you shouldn't be too surprised if it doesn't work) :D Plus I don't have 5-AAs since I never actively looked for them i might have just thrown them away again...

I can not do any validation on OCESPORT. I have a Pentium MMX 200Mhz processor overclocked to 297 Mhz. When I want to save my result, it always appears: "your submission is incoplete" ("Only use processors from the sub family"). But if I do the validation directly on HWBOT, it's OK (http://hwbot.org/submission/3797837_). I do not know how to solve this problem. Any error on OCESPORT? :(

validace.jpg

7 hours ago, Jurin1388 said:

I can not do any validation on OCESPORT. I have a Pentium MMX 200Mhz processor overclocked to 297 Mhz. When I want to save my result, it always appears: "your submission is incoplete" ("Only use processors from the sub family"). But if I do the validation directly on HWBOT, it's OK (http://hwbot.org/submission/3797837_). I do not know how to solve this problem. Any error on OCESPORT? :(

validace.jpg

Same for me with spi 1m

• 2 weeks later...