HWBOT Community Forums

ROG Maximus X Apex

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
37 minutes ago, KaRtA said:

Thanks Firekiller. I'll give it a shot on my next fill. Ive been using Bios 0022

Np; hope it works.
I think it could be the pll term that you might have set to 1.095v which should work with "most" cpus.
Ours "locks" at 6.6 if I recall correctly when you have it set that high and 0.95v is ideal to clock higher.

Edited by FireKillerGR

• 1 month later...

I have a problem where RAM lost all settings then after reboot gave CC error, I did a BIOS flashback which did nothing I then changed through 3 sets of RAM and 2 CPU's everything still gave error CC.

I found that with 1 stick of RAM in outer slot it boots but nothing I have found will let me boot 2 sticks. I checked CPU socket and all pins look perfect no bent or burnt pins.

Is there a way to get past this or does it need to be sent to Asus?

I also noticed this motherboard is no longer on sale are there so many problems that it has stopped being made?

15 hours ago, kimandsally said:

I have a problem where RAM lost all settings then after reboot gave CC error, I did a BIOS flashback which did nothing I then changed through 3 sets of RAM and 2 CPU's everything still gave error CC.

I found that with 1 stick of RAM in outer slot it boots but nothing I have found will let me boot 2 sticks. I checked CPU socket and all pins look perfect no bent or burnt pins.

Is there a way to get past this or does it need to be sent to Asus?

I also noticed this motherboard is no longer on sale are there so many problems that it has stopped being made?

My experience with m9a is that they have major qc issues so you have to bin them just to not get a crap board. Also they definitely drop channels after a while. Mine is down to single channel even with a pristine socket. You can try flushing the socket out with isopropyl as sometimes the socket is just dirty but I can say on my board that no amount of iso has been able to bring my channel back.

4 hours ago, yosarianilives said:

My experience with m9a is that they have major qc issues so you have to bin them just to not get a crap board. Also they definitely drop channels after a while. Mine is down to single channel even with a pristine socket. You can try flushing the socket out with isopropyl as sometimes the socket is just dirty but I can say on my board that no amount of iso has been able to bring my channel back.

Bad news then, I did flush out and gently blow out with compressed air, my board is pristine only use water never been cold and no insulation, I think it's had less than 20 hours for sure maybe only 10.

I just got a RMA from Asus to fix it, I was wondering if it was worth having a refund  (the dealer has offered me a full refund) and modding the Apex IX that I have.

Does the Apex IX Z270 work the RAM as efficiently as the Apex X?  I notice pretty much all the top scores using a 8700K was using the Apex X.

Any opinions welcome as I have a couple of days before I have to make my mind up.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, kimandsally said:

Bad news then, I did flush out and gently blow out with compressed air, my board is pristine only use water never been cold and no insulation, I think it's had less than 20 hours for sure maybe only 10.

I just got a RMA from Asus to fix it, I was wondering if it was worth having a refund  (the dealer has offered me a full refund) and modding the Apex IX that I have.

Does the Apex IX Z270 work the RAM as efficiently as the Apex X?  I notice pretty much all the top scores using a 8700K was using the Apex X.

Any opinions welcome as I have a couple of days before I have to make my mind up.

From some people that I've spoken to the m9a isn't as good as the m10a for mem in cfl. However it can run xp which the m10a cannot so it may have an advantage in 32m.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...