HWBOT Community Forums

ROG Maximus X Apex

• Administrators

I made a quick test with 1704 mod, and I could not boot 4133 at all, apart from other problems I had with the BIOS. Maybe it was bc I was quite annoyed because usb flashback overwrote both chips, which I never had in 6 years or more using this feature, and deleted all my profiles, but I do not think this BIOS is useful or any good

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

@elmor

Hi, there is a problem with the timer under XP SP3 in your modded Bios 1704 for the Asus Apex X motherboard.

You can check this with WinTimerTester_1.1, gives running clock with negativ values.

I found the same problem during mod of Bios for a gigabyte H110M-SH2 board.

With a hack direct on Bios for the FLAGs from FACP,

I force XP to use the hardware clock.

May be this error comes, because Acpi gives overlap in memory.

I used windbg with the full debug version of XP SP3 for to see,

what is going on.

Here are the results:

https://www.win-raid.com/t4035f45-Windows-XP-SP-bit-and-modern-PC-parts-9.html

I am very happy, when you can tell me, how you did your nice Bios mod for the Asus Apex X board,

because you chose another way than me, I compared via Beyond Compare 2 the original 1704 Bios and

your mod,

have a nice day

Dietmar

Edited by diderius66
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, diderius66 said:

@elmor

Hi, there is a problem with the timer under XP SP3 in your modded Bios 1704 for the Asus Apex X motherboard.

You can check this with WinTimerTester_1.1, gives running clock with negativ values.

I found the same problem during mod of Bios for a gigabyte H110M-SH2 board.

With a hack direct on Bios for the FLAGs from FACP,

I force XP to use the hardware clock.

May be this error comes, because Acpi gives overlap in memory.

I used windbg with the full debug version of XP SP3 for to see,

what is going on.

Here are the results:

https://www.win-raid.com/t4035f45-Windows-XP-SP-bit-and-modern-PC-parts-9.html

I am very happy, when you can tell me, how you did your nice Bios mod for the Asus Apex X board,

because you chose another way than me, I compared via Beyond Compare 2 the original 1704 Bios and

your mod,

have a nice day

Dietmar

I replaced some of the ACPI tables with tables from M9A, after adding ACPI support for up to 16 threads using the methods described at the win-raid forum. IIRC only DSDT and SSDT were replaced.

Edited by elmor
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Administrators
15 hours ago, Radi said:

hello 

7700k works on maximus x apex ? 

I don´t think so, but maybe I missed something

On the xp Bios issue, it seems you are not the only one with this problem, tbh I did not test this after my experiences with flash and then memory, so maybe someone else has a solution

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Simple question, is anyone capable of running geekbench 3 reliable at 4133-4200 12-11 on the Apex X with BIOS 1704 or 1801 with normal retail A1 memory? I use a 8600k atm, updated BIOS and tested and encountered serious problems, not sure if it is my board that is damaged or what causes this

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, websmile said:

Simple question, is anyone capable of running geekbench 3 reliable at 4133-4200 12-11 on the Apex X with BIOS 1704 or 1801 with normal retail A1 memory? I use a 8600k atm, updated BIOS and tested and encountered serious problems, not sure if it is my board that is damaged or what causes this

Yes no problem, tested both 8700k and 9900k. Bios 1704 official, haven't tried 1801 yet.

• Like 1