HWBOT Community Forums

ROG Maximus X Apex

• 2 weeks later...

Yes. This let me boot at the multiplier I set in bios. 

When in OS, I cannot go over that multiplier using TurboVcore now. Only with XTU can I increase the multiplier clock. Not sure what I am missing, but with this bios, I cannot change with either my 8086k or 9900k, where the previous bios had no issue. 

• Like 2

Anything special I have to do to get 9900K on Apex X with Win7?  Flashed the BIOS to latest on Asus website, UEFI there is no probs, all is recognised.  However booting into Windows is a problem, gets to windows splash, sits there for a few moments then I get presented with an empty desktop, can't bring up task manager or anything

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Alex@ro said:

Why not, you also have bclk adjustement....

If a chip can do 32m at 7320Mhz on 1 core, doesnt mean it can boot OS at the same freq. If BCLK works, then that can be made to work. Wouldn't be convenient, but can be made to work I guess. I'll check BCLK once I get home today.

2 hours ago, Matt26LFC said:

Anything special I have to do to get 9900K on Apex X with Win7?  Flashed the BIOS to latest on Asus website, UEFI there is no probs, all is recognised.  However booting into Windows is a problem, gets to windows splash, sits there for a few moments then I get presented with an empty desktop, can't bring up task manager or anything

Did you follow Win7 installation procedure from the guide from here 

Edit:- You can use the latest drivers from here  

I had been using Z270 ones on Z370, the newer ones should work as well.

Edited by rtsurfer
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, rtsurfer said:

If a chip can do 32m at 7320Mhz on 1 core, doesnt mean it can boot OS at the same freq. If BCLK works, then that can be made to work. Wouldn't be convenient, but can be made to work I guess. I'll check BCLK once I get home today.

Did you follow Win7 installation procedure from the guide from here 

Edit:- You can use the latest drivers from here  

I had been using Z270 ones on Z370, the newer ones should work as well.

No, I'm on Apex X so that's Z370, as far as I know I don't need to do that.

Found another drive laying around with Win7 on it abs it booted and worked fine, so no idea what's up with my other install

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Alex@ro said:

Well then you can use the patched bios for windows xp purposes and use the secondary bios for everything else. 

I’m not following. Does this mean the Elmor supplier link bios, is different from the one on then Asus website?

• Like 1