HWBOT Community Forums

ROG Maximus X Apex

The 1801 bios was excellent for memory testing , some older kits that had issues with 9900K ( for example would do 4220+ 12 11 on 7700K or 8700K but would not boot anything more than 4080 on 9900K) worked as expected with 1801 bios and 9900K and 8700K. Maybe you can try to reflash and start from scratch.

Edited by Alex@ro
  • Like 3

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, gkmltd said:

Where I can find XP.iso that works with Apex x?

Tnx

You have to create your own with nlite and add the z270 drivers according to the maximus viii series / skylake oc guide.

Or you can download one pre modded, i think Barbonenet has it available for download on his wordpress. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/10/2019 at 9:29 PM, Alex@ro said:

The 1801 bios was excellent for memory testing , some older kits that had issues with 9900K ( for example would do 4220+ 12 11 on 7700K or 8700K but would not boot anything more than 4080 on 9900K) worked as expected with 1801 bios and 9900K and 8700K. Maybe you can try to reflash and start from scratch.

Any chance we can get this BIOS XP modded like 1704 was?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, IvanCupa said:

Is it practically the same Within M10A.CAP & 1801 Mod.CAP?

Or M10A.CAP = 0001 BIOS with XP. Which is high volt w/o LN2 mode & IGP support?
And 1801 Mod.CAP is = 1803 BIOS with XP Support?

Thanks.

the 2 files are different.
 M10A.CAP = 0001 Bios posted some posts above with XP support.
2nd file is the original 1801 Websmile mentioned above with XP support.

Edited by FireKillerGR
  • Like 1

@FireKillerGR Hey I tried flashing the 2nd file , the 1801 for XP support on an M10A and doesn't work , it say not a valid BIOS. I renamed it .rom , .bin then again .cap and nothing. Am i doing something wrong ? Haven't tried the flashback method yet or that is exactly the one that works ? Thanks in advance for your answer. 

19 minutes ago, err0r said:

@FireKillerGR Hey I tried flashing the 2nd file , the 1801 for XP support on an M10A and doesn't work , it say not a valid BIOS. I renamed it .rom , .bin then again .cap and nothing. Am i doing something wrong ? Haven't tried the flashback method yet or that is exactly the one that works ? Thanks in advance for your answer. 

Try with bios flashback. If you still have issues let me know

@GGI78 How did you flash it ? You had to rename it to something specific ? On M9A using the flashback method I had to rename it creative.rom . And can you pls post a link here if you are allowed for a XP that work on the M10A ?Thanks in advance for your answer.