HWBOT Community Forums
Sign in to follow this  
MR. Horse

Has anyone ever seens a GeForce 6200 X2 PCI?

On 2/23/2018 at 5:45 PM, mickulty said:

Probably says something about my age that my first thought was "where's the switch" before I realised that's not how the PCI bus works.

Can't say I'd ever seen it before but bump in the hopes someone has.

EDIT: I did find an old newegg listing for one though! https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814139037

I assume this means that it shouldn't be too much rarer than the soc forc ln2 :P 

16 hours ago, yosarianilives said:

I assume this means that it shouldn't be too much rarer than the soc forc ln2 :P 

At least it definitely exists, unlike some iGPUs...

On ‎2‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 6:45 PM, mickulty said:

Probably says something about my age that my first thought was "where's the switch" before I realised that's not how the PCI bus works.

Can't say I'd ever seen it before but bump in the hopes someone has.

EDIT: I did find an old newegg listing for one though! https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814139037

Switch?

I did see that card on Newegg, its part number also pulls up a single GPU card. But after doing some reading I believe this is a dual head card. Etch core drives 2 VGA outs so one card could have 4 monitors attached. Would be cool if it supports SLI. With it being PCI it would kill the performance, but in a 66mhz slot on a server it would be cool to mess with, if it had sli support.  

Edited by MR. Horse

5 hours ago, MR. Horse said:

Switch?

I'm too used to modern PCIe-based stuff that needs a switch for dual GPU cards lol

I had a lot of dual GPU cards and I only seen a switch on a 6990. Or are you talking about the bridge chip? When I think  of switchs I think of the bios switch for enabling overclocked bios.

Edited by MR. Horse

On 2/28/2018 at 4:56 PM, MR. Horse said:

I had a lot of dual GPU cards and I only seen a switch on a 6990. Or are you talking about the bridge chip? When I think  of switchs I think of the bios switch for enabling overclocked bios.

I think what I mean by switch is the same as what you mean by bridge - for the avoidance of doubt, an example is the big silver thing with PLX written on it on an HD 7990.  As I understand it bridge chips convert from one type of bus to another eg AGP to PCIe whereas taking PCIe x16 in and giving each GPU PCIe x16 is something a switch does.