HWBOT Community Forums

The official GIGABYTE Initial K Contest! thread.

Teemto

Why insisting that a Gigabyte board is used? Makes more sense if you can use any board, when the board you can win is from Gigabyte. If you already own a Gigabyte board that means you are already their customer.

If you use let's say an MSI board (and don't have unlimited funds to buy boards from different vendors) you're not yet a Gigabyte customer. So if you win, you may become one.

On the other hand one can argue that insisting on using a GB board, is their way of limiting the competition to their 'loyal' customers.

Food for thought?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Marketing.

They support HWBot for the marketing.

It's annoying, but I'd rather have GBT-only contests and have gbt support HWBot then have totally open contests and no support.

I think how it is right now, with plenty of open and plenty of closed contests, is about perfect really.

Competition on SB is pointless really. No more its about skill or cooling or daring(how much volts you will push to get the clocks). Though binning was always important but now its only about binning. One doesnt stand a chance at all without the right luck or ample free flowing money, :(

Competition on SB is pointless really. No more its about skill or cooling or daring(how much volts you will push to get the clocks). Though binning was always important but now its only about binning. One doesnt stand a chance at all without the right luck or ample free flowing money, :(

Lol.

That's exactly what people said during:

- Gulftown-era

- Bloomfield-era

- Conroe-era

I actually believe that, since long, the tweaking aspect will be important again. We can already see quite a bit of CPUs running 5.6-5.7GHz, so for instance 32M will come down to memory tweaking.

Also i think we will see alot of going cold on ram to really see this platform fly...

bclk does help.. but again certain chips have a limit.. seen chips that will only do a certain multi and won't bclk..

Some do certain multi and also bclk.... the trick is to test like a madman and use the newer bios's.. they have improved alot...

Edited by steponz

Lol.

That's exactly what people said during:

- Gulftown-era

- Bloomfield-era

- Conroe-era

I actually believe that, since long, the tweaking aspect will be important again. We can already see quite a bit of CPUs running 5.6-5.7GHz, so for instance 32M will come down to memory tweaking.

I know I know, :P. But dont you feel that as well????? If not it means you got a 5.5G + chip, :P

yeah i am trying to tweak my way past top guys witha 5.3Ghz chip lol

tweaking is definitely going to be important for the dudes (and a chick :D) that have a 5.7GHz chip :D

I see some sarcasm there??? :P. Gigabyte not sending in more chips your way, how the hell can you properly support Giga customers if you yourself dont have a 5.7G chip, :D

Nice contest and im sure im taking part of this too :P Too bad that my chip have some problems with over 54x multi and more..

Does anybody yet know is that multiplier problem in montherboard/bios or at processor itself? O.o

Example, my cpu can do 54x100 but it can only do 53x with 101bclk. It will work just fine with 106bclk but then max multiplier is only 51x.

Thats lilbit weird and it seems like its not cpu limited, il see what new gigabyte board can do with this. Now im using Asus P8P67 vanilla only -.-

Great chip otherways when it can do 5400MHz wPrime 1024M with 1.45v :) (Ht on ofcourse)

seriously though this comp will be more about tweaking than any other i am telling you now fellas, learn to tune the system and OS properly and spent time on each benchmark, its not hard but it is time consuming and it does require you to put a lot of effort in. im looking forward to seeing how this turns out