HWBOT Community Forums

OC esports not added to my total for world ranking

Splave

Okay, 2 things:

• the divide / 2 is not a bug but a request made by Pieter. However, this did not make it into the final rev7 document so I've got not problem reverting the change and allow full points.
  • it is by design in rev7 that only the points of the division you have chosen count towards your personal total. I think it changes automatically depending on which competition you submitted last, but you can override it in your profile. Overriding it is currently disabled, but I shall enable it again. So not a bug, but not communicated properly and the labels are not adjusted on the profile page. I'm making work of that.

13 minutes ago, richba5tard said:

Okay, 2 things:

• the divide / 2 is not a bug but a request made by Pieter. However, this did not make it into the final rev7 document so I've got not problem reverting the change and allow full points.
  • it is by design in rev7 that only the points of the division you have chosen count towards your personal total. I think it changes automatically depending on which competition you submitted last, but you can override it in your profile. Overriding it is currently disabled, but I shall enable it again. So not a bug, but not communicated properly and the labels are not adjusted on the profile page. I'm making work of that.

Should make choosing a division mandatory,  like it was supposed to be from the onset.

• Like 2

Thanks for the clarification, its making sense now. I like the idea of choosing which division counts towards your ranking, and having the points / 2 :)

How is the points calculation handled from year to year? If I go to my account and set my division to pro oc for 2018, will I then lose the 200pts I currently have from div 1 2017?

On 3/9/2018 at 4:09 AM, bigblock990 said:

Thanks for the clarification, its making sense now. I like the idea of choosing which division counts towards your ranking, and having the points / 2 :)

How is the points calculation handled from year to year? If I go to my account and set my division to pro oc for 2018, will I then lose the 200pts I currently have from div 1 2017?

It's past 12 months, so it does not reset on jan 1st.

53 minutes ago, Splave said:

j51uHm1.gif

I expected your world ranking points to be 27xx, checking

• Thanks 1