HWBOT Community Forums

World ranking points calculation question.

I know that and they are right 500/2 ~250 as shown to road to pro competitions tab.

5aa6e31b7938a_comppoints.jpg.5876decb808a113b4028e525275d31a1.jpg

The thing is that if you sum up road to pro comp. +official comp.+ top 15 bench = not the right world ranking points as seen in first screenshots.

Well, well, well...

As Einstein used to say with a bitter laugh, even math can some times be subjective and prone to different explanations.

Logically 1+1=2, but who can argue that it can be 1+1 = 3-1.

Is the glass half full or half empty ?

The algorithm, upon which the whole point rankings calculations is based, is WRONG.

And I would be most happy to prove to Mr. Frederick Collardyn that statement.

It started on a wrong basis, has been revised so many times and it will never be correct.

It is the math basis that is wrong. And if one or more "scientists" that designed this, are unable to figure out the problems, then there is a significant issue here.

I DO NOT CARE.

But the very few that might still be interested to keep this site alive, should be.

Rev 7 was published way too soon. This site is just a mess now. Imagine trying to understand how the points and rankings works for a newcomer...

Just kill off the points system. Make it a pure database. Competitive overclocking is dead anyway.

15 hours ago, phil said:

Can someone please explain those maths to me? :S

rankings1.jpg

All three profiles are correct now using the latest hwbot code that when to production last night.

11 hours ago, Fasttrack said:

It started on a wrong basis, has been revised so many times and it will never be correct.

I agree with you. The initial rev7 code was poorly tested, as a result of continuous changes to implement ever changing requirements and me having insufficient time to maintain it next to another fulltime job & family. I've put in a lot of sleepless nights since the initial release to iron out bugs and implement feedback, so i'm confident it's better now but still no excuse.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Administrators

Phil, diue to the new settings, would you mind disabling points for your subs that are listed under your personal account? You know that with a team account, you cannot have a persoanl single account with hardware ranking :)  This happened due to the recalculation and new settings I think

22 hours ago, richba5tard said:

Yeah some rankings where completely bugged, other rankins/leagues where not but the text did not match the algorithm. I've fixed all test and pushed the test version to production a few minutes ago.

Mmmm...........still fucked up.

http://hwbot.org/submission/3390025_mr.scott_gpupi_for_cpu___1b_phenom_ii_x4_960t_be_12min_54sec_7ms

Global points can't possibly be correct.

2 hours ago, websmile said:

Phil, diue to the new settings, would you mind disabling points for your subs that are listed under your personal account? You know that with a team account, you cannot have a persoanl single account with hardware ranking :)  This happened due to the recalculation and new settings I think

Sure Michael,but do I have to do it one by one or there is an other way?

21 minutes ago, Mr.Scott said:

Mmmm...........still fucked up.

http://hwbot.org/submission/3390025_mr.scott_gpupi_for_cpu___1b_phenom_ii_x4_960t_be_12min_54sec_7ms

Global points can't possibly be correct.

Indeed. 2nd place gets less points than 3rd and 4th getting 1/3 of 11th:
http://prntscr.com/iqv49q

@richba5tardcan you also enable calculation for competition subs?
We posted 2 results on comp that are better than our previous general scores, and havent received points for them.
1st: http://hwbot.org/submission/3807692_ogs_gpupi_for_cpu___1b_core_i7_8700k_2min_28sec_50ms
2nd: http://hwbot.org/submission/3807688_ogs_cinebench___r15_core_i7_8700k_2329_cb

On 3/13/2018 at 8:43 AM, Fasttrack said:

Well, well, well...

As Einstein used to say with a bitter laugh, even math can some times be subjective and prone to different explanations.

Logically 1+1=2, but who can argue that it can be 1+1 = 3-1.

Is the glass half full or half empty ?

The algorithm, upon which the whole point rankings calculations is based, is WRONG.

It is the math basis that is wrong. And if one or more "scientists" that designed this, are unable to figure out the problems, then there is a significant issue here.

I DO NOT CARE.

But the very few that might still be interested to keep this site alive, should be.

^^^^^ this, if it was right then the all the points calculations would be right with it, and clearly it isnt, not having a go at anyone here, theres been losts of changes, sure ..... but if you havent a clear and concise formula thats working correctly from the start, then the result will be what is happening now, the points calculations to this point dont know where theyre going to !!!

• Administrators
11 hours ago, phil said:

Sure Michael,but do I have to do it one by one or there is an other way?

I think if you go to account settings you can chose that you do not want to participate in ranking with this account. I guess this should do the job :)