HWBOT Community Forums

x265 4K global points working bug?

7 hours ago, AlphaC said:

I didn't get any, so the system might just be buggy

Yes... It was not so obvious when I noticed this issue, but a little after many people suddenly got + thousands of global points points from subs that seem to be just average.

6 hours ago, richba5tard said:

I've triggered a full recalc of x265 after installing the latest patch, and the rankings look great!

http://hwbot.org/benchmark/hwbot_x265_benchmark_-_4k

I'm going to trigger a full recalc of all applications with points now.

Cool, good work.

It might clear some general confusion in the future, if a kind of notice banner that informs about ongoing changes/expected anomalies is shown on the HWbot scores page... :)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, richba5tard said:

I've triggered a full recalc of x265 after installing the latest patch, and the rankings look great!

http://hwbot.org/benchmark/hwbot_x265_benchmark_-_4k

I'm going to trigger a full recalc of all applications with points now.

They're looking like less bugged pts for x265, but did you pull 1c globals? http://hwbot.org/benchmark/hwbot_x265_benchmark_-_4k/rankings?cores=1#start=0#interval=20

3 hours ago, yosarianilives said:

They're looking like less bugged pts for x265, but did you pull 1c globals? http://hwbot.org/benchmark/hwbot_x265_benchmark_-_4k/rankings?cores=1#start=0#interval=20

I wonder whether this is because the #1 spot is just soo low in absolute score.

12 hours ago, zeropluszero said:

Roughly how long are these recalc's taking to run?

HWBOT X265 took about an hour or so, but the time to recalc a ranking is related to how many submissions are linked to that ranking, and whether all points are enabled. There are 884523 rankings on hwbot (unique app / hardware combinations). 770467 if you disregard the rankings which do not award points. This is not something that can be recalculated overnight.

On the test server it took 48h if i'm not mistaken, but there is no load on that server.

• Members
1 minute ago, richba5tard said:

I wonder whether this is because the #1 spot is just soo low in absolute score.

HWBOT X265 took about an hour or so, but the time to recalc a ranking is related to how many submissions are linked to that ranking, and whether all points are enabled. There are 884523 rankings on hwbot (unique app / hardware combinations). 770467 if you disregard the rankings which do not award points. This is not something that can be recalculated overnight.

On the test server it took 48h if i'm not mistaken, but there is no load on that server.

If a full re-calc is happening, I'd definitely recommend stopping subs during that time as a minimum to try and reduce load, but still allow people to check scores etc, or even pull the site completely for a short while if it would dramatically speed up the re-calc.

I did find the issue, I think. It doesn't show if you look at the rankings but for some reason there are some non 1c scores as part of the 1c ranking. So the #1 1c score shows up as 5th globally, and it's far enough behind the "1st" score so as not to receive pts. http://hwbot.org/submission/3770515_yosarianilives_hwbot_x265_benchmark___4k_celeron_g470_0.61_fps

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Why do you think these are not correct? You get global points in relation to no 1 result on percentage and top 5 get bonus points on top of this. I think on hardware the same, but not sure if top 5 or top 3 now. This is determined by date of submission iirc when results are identical. This was made to prevent especially on xtu that 150 guys get top spot points at same amount. richba5tard can explain this better, but that\s the main scheme

8 hours ago, websmile said:

Why do you think these are not correct? You get global points in relation to no 1 result on percentage and top 5 get bonus points on top of this. I think on hardware the same, but not sure if top 5 or top 3 now. This is determined by date of submission iirc when results are identical. This was made to prevent especially on xtu that 150 guys get top spot points at same amount. richba5tard can explain this better, but that\s the main scheme

ok got it, i was stuck with rev6, sams rank = same score

top10 would have been nicer :o:D

Edited by bolc