HWBOT Community Forums

The official Old School is Best School Season 4 Round 2 thread

TASOS

• Crew

I you all can live with the fact we accept a screenshot with only the mem frequency displayed on the compo background (with the accepted margin of speed difference between the validation file and the screenshot.)

But I can't allow  a picture of the screen. anyway all these scores are still valid for normal rankings as you only need a validation file.

Dear All, 

Nothing to fight about here.

We are all know more or less the same things. We pass from the same stages/issues.

Let me give you an additonal input here:

Do we all agree that when all three cpu-z tabs opened the system very often freezed or restarted?

My system was able to run all benchmarks rock solid stable @ 840 speed but when i opened the 3rd cpu-z, my system 95% would freezed or restarted. ( I wrote this comment at my Spi submission as I was not able to save the 840 speed spi result)

I assume that many of us faced the same issue.

I am right? or it was just me facing this issue?

Did we followed the rules or we just overlooked them because were not convenient / easy? 

Rules where there and where clear.

As I said before, I do not suggest to delete / block any scores at this stage / leave them as is this time.

Next stage let's be more specific, more accurate, more strict and more fair.

Edited by varachio

5 hours ago, GRIFF said:

Hi guys. My opinion.

With this platform i'm made validation file at 940mhz but screen only at 878mhz, if you want delete my score, is not problem for me.

If i launch 3 cpu-z tabs the screen with max freq is 856mhz. 

@varachio

GRIFF has also admitted , that he had much lower clocks , with all 3 cpu-z tabs open.

• Crew

K guys give me a heads up what to do, I see it simple as following:

My two cents:

To have a valid OSIBS score for stage 1 :

1) the appropriate background is a must, sorry if you neglect that, well your score is not valid for the OSIBS compo

2) I can live with the fact that only ONE CPU-Z is shown, but we can allow only up to 5% margin between the screenshot and the validation file, If you have a better validation file, your loss...

What I don't get is that most of you just submit one 1-2 sandbag scores and then the final score. If I did CPU-Z I have tons of validation files and screenshots on the drive.

Remember that all scores are still valid for normal rankings and idem ditto points

Edited by Leeghoofd

• Crew
11 hours ago, GRIFF said:

Then you have to specify to mark the frequency of the screen although valid can have higher frequency.

But I think a concept a bit wrong for competitions where you are pleased to see new WR.

Yes you're absolutely right about this. I'm sorry that I made this wrong. It would be really great if you guys would speak up next time before the round ends. 

For now I think, the best compromise is to set the mark to 5%. 

5 hours ago, Leeghoofd said:

K guys give me a heads up what to do, I see it simple as following:

My two cents:

To have a valid OSIBS score for stage 1 :

1) the appropriate background is a must, sorry if you neglect that, well your score is not valid for the OSIBS compo

2) I can live with the fact that only ONE CPU-Z is shown, but we can allow only up to 5% margin between the screenshot and the validation file, If you have a better validation file, your loss...

What I don't get is that most of you just submit one 1-2 sandbag scores and then the final score. If I did CPU-Z I have tons of validation files and screenshots on the drive.

Remember that all scores are still valid for normal rankings and idem ditto points

Accept both options.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Strunkenbold said:

It would be really great if you guys would speak up next time before the round ends. 

We do not always understand the organizers' intention, especially when there are unclear rules and stages with little-explored HW. But slowly we all learn. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, GRIFF said:

@ozzie

Wich team?

what not obvious ? i think it is for you to even reply, lol,  its up to the individual on what thoughts they have about anything isnt it?, may not be agreed with sure, i accept that  , doesnt mean i cant voice my opinion with it, and i will with what i feel ....   in which everyone on here is entitled to do so..., im no different !!!!

1 hour ago, ozzie said:

what not obvious ? i think it is for you to even reply, lol,  its up to the individual on what thoughts they have about anything isnt it?, may not be agreed with sure, i accept that  , doesnt mean i cant voice my opinion with it, and i will with what i feel ....   in which everyone on here is entitled to do so..., im no different !!!!

I do not see a privileged team or individual in this cup, for the moment.

• Like 3

• Crew
8 hours ago, GRIFF said:

We do not always understand the organizers' intention, especially when there are unclear rules and stages with little-explored HW. But slowly we all learn. 

I slowly learn too. In the last years, my only Task was the database. Now I just stepped in here as I saw that the Cup was already running but nothing was set up.

• Crew
10 hours ago, ozzie said:

thats like saying shut the gate after the horse has bolted, no point is there, ive made suggestions, points, what has actually gone wrong, as youve put it for years and no notice taken or anything done for it, dont give me that mate, how can you comment until you see what happens with whats been given ?? , bot knows about cpuz and other 3rd party software issues for yrs , whats really been done??? and in how many different comps????, false readings, bugged, to say the least, nothin thats what, the 2018 OSBIS in my opinion and which im entitled to is the worst ive ever seen and set up wholey to  to  benefit 1 team as i see it, and guess what team ? comps would be better if theyre organised properly from the start, and this is to  benefit 1 team,the issue and always has been, just a thrown together and fix the problems later when they arise , so whats new?? nothing, frustrating ?/ lol demoralising more like it, to the point if people say i couldnt care less and im not gunna waste my time and energy on it, now if others were really honest and not seen as a trouble maker like i am, coz i speak my mind,  and had some balls, theyd be saying the same , when im wrong my hands are up and i apologise,, when im not ill stand on my digs

There are problems, plenty of them.  I don't deny them,  I know they are there.  I'm upset about the CPU-Z bug too. I reported the issue in our forum thread years ago and I really thought that Christian Ney would take care of it, but he didn't.  I didn't benched those old systems for a long time, so I forgot about it. But why do all people think it's only a problem of hwbot? CPU-Z is software from an independent developer. Everyone could report the bug to him. Why is that hwbots task? In the end the user has to prove his result is correct.  

But and that is something which is very common, as long as I have an advantage, I keep calm. 

If I got an exotic GPU with more shaders than the regular category,  I just submit. If I got a card with less shaders and I can't compete, I request a new category. 

If I have a smartphone which got incorrectly detected by the hwbot prime app, and receive globals with an octa core soc in dual core ranking,  I'm just happy and sing along.

If my Pentium mmx shows some more MHz than bios post I'm happy too. 

As long as everyone tries to find loopholes and keep the advantage for himself, hwbot can't catch up. There were some really fine men though,  so I don't want generalize. But sometimes it's really frustrating. 

Hwbot can't manage 1000+ categories just with volunteers. There will always be something that we didn't saw before, something that we didn't know of yet.

So I agree with you that many things went wrong and we can rant about but it doesn't help. As the bot is simply lacking the ressources.

If you want to help post problems _before_  the comp ends. If you see problems with 3rd party apps, report it to their authors and let the community know about it.

That's the only way I know of that can work. The only other option would be one or two people get employed by the bot. As we already know now by the failed esports experiment, this won't happen. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

• Crew
44 minutes ago, Strunkenbold said:

If I got an exotic GPU with more shaders than the regular category,  I just submit.

Well, rules were unclear about this one. And not sure whether there was a statement about such buffed up cards. There's much fun in finding exotic hardware and even knowing of its existence, completely different case than

46 minutes ago, Strunkenbold said:

Pentium mmx shows some more MHz than bios post

which is a total cheat. I do agree on all the rest you've said.

• Crew
19 hours ago, ozzie said:

bot requires cpuz  for subs, validations,comps, and for the screenshots , thats why its bots "task and duty" to make sure its correct

The bot is a community platform. it is there for the people to share their results. A Team of community members care for moderating and developing the Website. In no way there is a "duty" for the bot. The bot gives you the Chance to have fun and compare your skill to others. The bot is the community and it consists of you and me and all other people here around.

The bot isnt making Money on you, as far as I can remember, you are here for free. So I really cant imagine why you think the volunteers working here have a duty against you.

By participating in the Rankings, you accept the rules and that means that it is you who have the duty to ensure that your result is valid.

In the case you want to report bugs:

https://www.cpuid.com/contact.html

https://www.techpowerup.com/forums/forums/gpu-z.53/

8 minutes ago, Antinomy said:

How about we make it in red and bold every time verification rules for OSBIS differs from HWBot?

well why not, then at the very least the rules cant be misinterpreted by anyone  can they, something needs to be done to make things crystal clear to people