HWBOT Community Forums

Lucky_n00b - Ryzen 5 1600 @ 4989.3MHz - 3min 8sec 171ms GPUPI for CPU - 1B

RandyOC

17 minutes ago, bokker said:

Nice Score Lucky Noob, because it is not fair for the Competition, you have a Review Site and become the Hardware from the Vendors, all the other Contender buy their Hardware.

Hi, for competition like this I bought the CPU and the MB on local shops. It's not that much expensive motherboard(B350) and a sub 200-usd CPU, surely I believe there's a lot of people that have much more resources than us.

We also don't complain that until today we don't have Z370N Wifi  (and still waiting to get one), and I'm still waiting to get a good 8700K because I don't have shops that offers pre-binned models like you have in German :)

Hope that clears it up ;) 

Edited by Lucky_n00b
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, GeorgeStorm said:

20 second quicker than everyone else?? Ryzen is good at gpupi :D

Yeah on Multithreaded benches that has little memory bandwidth/latency scaling, Thread per thread clock per clock Ryzen has OK performance - but CFL can reach 5Ghz on air, Ryzen need LN2.

• Members
4 minutes ago, Lucky_n00b said:

Yeah on Multithreaded benches that has little memory bandwidth/latency scaling, Thread per thread clock per clock Ryzen has OK performance - but CFL can reach 5Ghz on air, Ryzen need LN2.

Yeah it's awesome, didn't realise it was this good clock for clock!

3 hours ago, bokker said:

Nice Score Lucky Noob, because it is not fair for the Competition, you have a Review Site and become the Hardware from the Vendors, all the other Contender buy their Hardware.

We'll see what happens. It could be argued the competition rules don't say "Intel only" or "no LN2". The rules were not explicit about it , although XTU only runs on Intel.

It also doesn't say the same CPU must be used for all stages.

Edited by AlphaC