HWBOT Community Forums
Sign in to follow this  
MR. Horse

Quad 60/70/80mm rad?

Posted (edited)

Has anyone ever seen a quad 60, 70 or 80mm radiator before? I'm making a sleeper computer and was thinking of water coiling it.

But without cutting up the case and giving away that its a speaker I can only put a 120mm rad in the intake or a 60, 70 or 80mm quad in the rear. I guess I could use a tripe.  But a quad would be much better. I don't see why there would be and quad 60-80mm rads out there, can't see anyone needing one.

But I'd thought I'd ask before getting a tripe 80mm rad if anyone has ever seen one before.

Thanks.

Edited by MR. Horse

I have not even seen a triple 80mm rad, only double. But I know if you really wanted to spend the money you can look into a place that does custom heater cores and they might do something for you.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

I thought about that, there is a place not far from where I live that does that kind of stuff. All Id have to do is buy a 80mm radiator and have them re-core it.

Alpha cool makes a tripe 80mm. They also have a triple 60mm rad too. But I never seen anyone else make any.

Thinking of the parts I'll be using I don't think I'll need water cooling. I'll be using a 35w i7 and something like a r9-370. I just happen to have alot of water cooling parts laying around and if part out my last core2 system I'll have even more parts. I could probably get way with a triple 60mm or 80mm. It would only be about 140w of heat. Add a 120mm in the front after the tripe 80mm in the rear and it would work fine.

If I'm only water cooling the cpu, a triple 80mm would be over kill. I water cooled over clocked Piii-s back in the day with a single 80mm radiator and its TDP was 35w if I recall.  

Edited by MR. Horse