HWBOT Community Forums

HWBOT Rev7.1 point recalculation in progress

richba5tard

15 minutes ago, richba5tard said:

I've added a sanity checker which checks for broken rankings every hour. The current definition of "broken" is getting 0 hwpoints for first spot which is not a solid approach but at least it fixed 14 rankings today.

If someone can shed some insight on scenario's how to reproduce braking a rank, it would be greatly appreciated. You can use uat.hwbot.org for messing around. It contains the latest code but not the latest submissions, always a few weeks/months behind on production.

gtx 680 heaven extreme broken

680_heaven_ranking.png

• Crew
13 hours ago, richba5tard said:

I've added a sanity checker which checks for broken rankings every hour. The current definition of "broken" is getting 0 hwpoints for first spot which is not a solid approach but at least it fixed 14 rankings today.

Maybe we should adjust this to anything under 2.5 points for the first spot.

• Like 1

just found this: https://hwbot.org/benchmark/wprime_-_1024m/rankings?hardwareTypeId=processor_855&cores=2#start=0#interval=20

1st place is fine, but from 6th onwards it's 0.2pts so the sanity checker wouldn't force a recalculation.

Edit: Just realised that 1st place should be more than the 19pts it currently is as well.

Edited by Noxinite

• 2 weeks later...

Allright guys, as I still have not figured out what flow messes up the rankings, and nobody seems to be able to reproduce it on the test environment, i've provided a "recalc" button on the rankings page where everyone can force a recalc of the currently shown ranking. Don't abuse. ?

recalc.PNG

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Crew

IMO,
you need to build a check into the engine.
Everytime you alter a submission you need to look at other subs from the same user and see if they are better and trigger a recalculation on them.

Because everytime we remove a score, the next better wont detected, mean catched by the ranking. So the user doesnt have a ranked score in a ranking even though he may have a perfect valid result. This results in a lot of unranked scores in the system.

Sometime the bot has also a problem to synchronize a score. Thats the moment where we have two scores of the same user in a single ranking. Maybe its possible to improve the sync process? So it could have some own sanity checks. Like checking for a better score, checking if another score already exists in a ranking... And rerun till all points of those conditions become true.

I think its hard to reproduce what the real problem is. My feeling is that it depends on the specific benchmark categories. Like wprime usually takes ages to sync. But the key is likely the syncing. This never worked right. Either it says for ever "Synchronization in progress" or it tells you that it finished but you still dont see your rank or points. I guess the sync engine simply fails on some subs for some reason while it shouldnt. Either generate an error or try syncing till its successful.

Edited by Strunkenbold
  • Like 1

Seems like there's still an issue with some scores not appearing in the rankings? I subbed this score, it got pts and rank, I then edited it to fix the pictures. After the edit it lost pts and ranking. I've tried recalc a few times on the sub and even did a recalc on the whole ranking for the chip and it did not gain it's ranking back. http://hwbot.org/submission/3920883_yosarianilives_superpi___32m_phenom_ii_x4_960t_be_13min_20sec_344ms

• 2 years later...
On 3/30/2018 at 10:18 PM, bolc said:

Luumi and I submitted on 1/25 both 0.6 fps, I believe my screenshot (3am) is earlier than  his (8.30 morning or evening) but I am #6 and he is #5 :D
we don t see time stamp though for the submission, I guess I submitted right away :D

I didn't see the answer to this question :(

Ok. The "winner" is the one who submitted the result earlier.

But, what about CPU frequency (or 3D Mark with validation)? My valid link CPU-Z most earlier, but submit result most fresh.