HWBOT Community Forums

HWBOT Rev7.1 point recalculation in progress

richba5tard

49 minutes ago, richba5tard said:

checking code...

You guys are correct, the team power points are calculated no matter whether the application is marked as global/hw points or not. It has been so since conception of TPP though... shall I change this or not?

4 hours ago, richba5tard said:

You guys are correct, the team power points are calculated no matter whether the application is marked as global/hw points or not. It has been so since conception of TPP though... shall I change this or not?

Sounds right but why has no-one noticed this in the past few years? ?TPP is not really a new concept. 

It's been this way forever. Leave it alone.

Not happy with your team's standings?, act as a team.

You bench everything. GL/HW points or not.

You want to pick and choose only high points benches, you leave some team points on the table. Seems fair to me.

You don't punish active benching. You promote it.

Edited by Mr.Scott
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Leave TPP alone all this no points these days for a new person they might get what 0.2 points for a lower score but they also get a couple of Team Power Points which gives them some enthusiasm to continue at least they are getting something.

When I first started I thought I will give this a go and was using Socket A which I had 2 solid state drives in Raid 0 it was just the way I had it setup and a Gainward 7800GS and was getting points and Gold Cups for PCM04 and 05 and I was hooked for SPI, wprime and such I sucked and was getting 0.1 points or thereabouts.

If it hadnt of been for the points I was getting for 04/05 and the TPP I probably would of just walked away.

You are supposed to be making it attractive for new members to join and have fun not just the people that are experienced and have the latest and greatest binned hardware.

Giving no points weather it be user points or TPP doesnt make it look very good for new members.

Not many worry about Team points anyway so why change it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, macsbeach98 said:

Not many worry about Team points anyway so why change it.

You change it when you are not happy with your team standings and there's no other way out.

This is a witchhunt. You tell me which team is going to take the biggest hit if those points are removed. I already know the answer. So do you.

Edited by Mr.Scott
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

10 hours ago, richba5tard said:

When you remove a benchmark , like  lets say UCBench or PcMark ... or whatever , you do it for a reason.

Because the benchmark is vulnerable not bullet proof or for any other reason.

Example

Team A , benches legally with default settings and gets as top spot , rank 100 and team B benches with altered batch size and gets ranking 1 ... is that consided fair ?

You wanna keep TPP for such cases ?

When a benchmark is out of hwbot point system ... its out , period.

Keep the position rankings for history purposes , but deleted all kind of points.

10 hours ago, Noxinite said:

Surely if the bench has been judged to be unsuitable for user points, then it would also be unsuitable for team points?

I agree with you.

• Thanks 2

19 minutes ago, TASOS said:

When you remove a benchmark , like  lets say UCBench or PcMark ... or whatever , you do it for a reason.

Because the benchmark is vulnerable not bullet proof or for any other reason.

... and if your monitor pullers & pc clocks forward <> back super stars left crap alone = more benches to do legit & make points. :P

Get sick of this crap all to do with a few gangster magic tweakers. Just kill points on 3D03 & Aqua as well ... 

Is this the new HWbot 7 really? Killing points we can just race for gold cups

do it bot, do it,i dare you?? you cant even get what you got going now right....the old saying, dont shit in others back yards before you know yours is clean, and yours is far from being squeaky clean isnt it

you dont like me, fair, i dont like you , why i dont like you is coz you have all this bullshit, least im man enough to say so, grow some balls!!!!

Edited by ozzie

Appreciate all the work to fix the rankings. But it seems issues keep appearing no matter what is done. Makes one think what it is all for? Do anyone really care about the rankings anymore? I'm sure the few pros left only bench for records, not for points. Others bench for hw golds or a good position in the global rankings of some benchmark. But does anyone care about an overall ranking anymore?

Maybe consider removing all points and just keep it as a pure database. Or if you really want to keep the points, remove the complex algorithms and just do percentage of top score. 99% = 99 points etc.

• Crew

If you want to keep TPP alive for all benchmark's, you will need to delete those bench's from the website.

Some of those bench's got points disabled for a reason. Keeping points alive would mean we have to moderate those results though we explicitly disabled points for them. Those benchmark's should have no impact on any ranking, actually don't even give cups.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Strunkenbold said:

If you want to keep TPP alive for all benchmark's, you will need to delete those bench's from the website.

Some of those bench's got points disabled for a reason. Keeping points alive would mean we have to moderate those results though we explicitly disabled points for them. Those benchmark's should have no impact on any ranking, actually don't even give cups.

Disabled for a reason? LoL due to exploits & thought cheaters. 

Moderators here can easy see a score out of line ... then a whole bunch of butthurts alert when their #1 score is busted easily.

Though your big guns can mess around super tweaking & perhaps a score is taken down.

200 thousand regular overclockers loose points personal & team for doing the right thing. Bench points disabled.

• Crew
2 minutes ago, Rauf said:

Or if you really want to keep the points, remove the complex algorithms and just do percentage of top score. 99% = 99 points etc.

Agree here. Very good point.

Those things turned out as way too complex to handle. The rankings are now broken for years. It's time that we return to something easy.

You should realize that the moment when you hire a math genius to develop an ultra complex formula is a fail. Those things have always to be easy and understandable.

obviously fred youve allowed dicks to run this place for way too long, now you gotta come clean it up, we all know that but nothing is happening and thats "your" fault, you own it, but the buck stops with you mate, same as me here , if i fuck up i cop it , and you cop the same mate, pwn it and get it fixed or give it away, no wonder michael pulled the pin , he saw this coming a mile off and still tried to help but the same thing all over again, you can call me critical, fine, you have a service here for all, its yours yes ??, i offered a suggestion 3-4 yrs ago now to pay 10$ a year to be a bot member to try help and run things as the bot team was complaining of no money, now $10 from every submitting member would cover everything or certainly help but no go , no answer, other than some one saying it wont work lol, wh y wont it, tax reasons i dunno??, clearly something isnt working right for ya

12 minutes ago, Rauf said:

Appreciate all the work to fix the rankings. But it seems issues keep appearing no matter what is done. Makes one think what it is all for? Do anyone really care about the rankings anymore? I'm sure the few pros left only bench for records, not for points. Others bench for hw golds or a good position in the global rankings of some benchmark. But does anyone care about an overall ranking anymore?

Maybe consider removing all points and just keep it as a pure database. Or if you really want to keep the points, remove the complex algorithms and just do percentage of top score. 99% = 99 points etc.

Your another dude I'll stick the boot into. xD Bored that time posting dodgy shit accusing Australia's team guys of monitor pulling.

Must I go back & look when you were so concerned on your rankings to be a loss from changes?

_________

Oh I'm just getting started, so don't unplug!

Revision after revision has seen my Teams dominance erode away. These members, plenty of them submitting scores 10 years or more.

Their faKKen time & effort was for nothing?

________

Leave shit alone. Sick of buying hardware for scores to see benchmarks killed on points

7 minutes ago, Strunkenbold said:

Agree here. Very good point.

Those things turned out as way too complex to handle. The rankings are now broken for years. It's time that we return to something easy.

You should realize that the moment when you hire a math genius to develop an ultra complex formula is a fail. Those things have always to be easy and understandable.

^^^^ jesus ,this is what everyone has been complaining about for years, so what? the penny now has finally dropped ? i know theres a lot of thick people in this world but bot really takes the world record at it, BOT should call itself this as a side show entertainment  , Broken Only Temporarily ?

• Crew
14 minutes ago, avalanche said:

Disabled for a reason? LoL due to exploits & thought cheaters. 

Moderators here can easy see a score out of line ... then a whole bunch of butthurts alert when their #1 score is busted easily.

Though your big guns can mess around super tweaking & perhaps a score is taken down.

200 thousand regular overclockers loose points personal & team for doing the right thing. Bench points disabled.

It's already a very thin line between a perfect tweaked score and a cheated score. Maybe that's just my opinion but allowing points for bugged benchmark's will add complexity to a level we can't handle anymore. The whole bot and benchmarking in general is based off trust. And if the whole system can't be trusted anymore, it's over.

By now it's already problematic but in the end the users decide. I just want to warn going this way.

• Like 2

General writing. Enough turbulence this year. Round up your thoughts & decisions past 2019.

Well yes HWbot Rev 7 may be broken ... but it's the one we have. To start again is wiping the disc clean of all members hard work.

Why? Because some bench runs may have been faulted run, sure some. But the majority is fine. 99%

We are talking about the majority here right? The guys posting scores all the time religiously are punished.

________

No need to re invent the wheel ...