HWBOT Community Forums

HWBOT Rev7.1 point recalculation in progress

richba5tard

40 minutes ago, zeropluszero said:

we're just bored of it by now.

you think they arent too, theyre doing it trying to get things fixed for all ???, instead of being a bucket mouth and baggin, try helping, encouragement always beats a negative, i dont like ya mate, never have, youre a typical smart arse,  a few manners cost nothing, guess you gotta learn those yet ?

• Like 3

On 4/26/2018 at 4:15 AM, richba5tard said:

Anyone found a broken ranking?

Not sure if it falls under the recalculation or something else, but my Road to Pro points dont show. If I understand it correctly I should be showing 70.4 for my chosen Division-1 under my World Ranking for the past year.

points.png

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GeorgeStorm said:

What div have you chosen? Remember you only get half of your chosen division's points.

Yea George I took into account also that is what gave me the 341 points just D3 points halved that doesnt include the other all my road to pro points and D7 points are missing 

jUoqonM.png

13 hours ago, GeorgeStorm said:

If you chose Div3 then you'll only get half of the points from that division, so no points from div7 or road to pro I think.

well that sucks then anyway you look at it you can only compete in one division and either your gonna get full points or half of just that division is stupid AF then there is no reason to compete in other divisions which is gonna end up upsetting people til they quit so now you are being forced into one challenger division even tho all your points in my eyes should be halved unless you pick a certain division then you should get full points for that division and half for the rest not just half of the division they are trying to force on you do you think its fair to force people to only compete in 1 division to get points and their other hard work in others dont get counted??? hell that section is clearly labeled Road to Pro Division points so I dont see how only D3 counts when I have other RTP points the system is broken to me it just doesnt seem right that only half your points of a single division is counted unless you pick a division and what happens when you do that do you get the full point for like say D3 I pick what about the rest of my hard work in other divisions thats just fluff right? wasted time? HWBot is falling apart the next rounds of challenger arent even posted and shouldnt the next rounds start the 1st in 2 days they arent even updated in the oc-esports page :( Im not trying to bitch and complain here I am just stating facts about what I see here and how the points for that should work cause right now its broken I love competing with all you guys its what makes HWBot fun and I dont wanna see HWBot end up in the ditch 

4 minutes ago, Mr.Scott said:

If you're in it for the competition and fun, ignore the points. They don't mean anything. ;)

Don't play for the rating, play because you like to.

that is why I stay I love competing I am just saying it could make others not want to be here and that makes less competition which aint no fun either fixing the points system would keep a lot of competitors here and make it easier to bring in new fresh people to compete with Id like to see this community grow more and more and with a broken system to keep track of everything bringing in new people wont be easy it bring in yea there will be those that dont care but it could steer potential people away and I would hate to see that  

• Members
4 hours ago, Shadyreaper said:

well that sucks then anyway you look at it you can only compete in one division and either your gonna get full points or half of just that division is stupid AF then there is no reason to compete in other divisions which is gonna end up upsetting people til they quit so now you are being forced into one challenger division even tho all your points in my eyes should be halved unless you pick a certain division then you should get full points for that division and half for the rest not just half of the division they are trying to force on you do you think its fair to force people to only compete in 1 division to get points and their other hard work in others dont get counted??? hell that section is clearly labeled Road to Pro Division points so I dont see how only D3 counts when I have other RTP points the system is broken to me it just doesnt seem right that only half your points of a single division is counted unless you pick a division and what happens when you do that do you get the full point for like say D3 I pick what about the rest of my hard work in other divisions thats just fluff right? wasted time? HWBot is falling apart the next rounds of challenger arent even posted and shouldnt the next rounds start the 1st in 2 days they arent even updated in the oc-esports page :( Im not trying to bitch and complain here I am just stating facts about what I see here and how the points for that should work cause right now its broken I love competing with all you guys its what makes HWBot fun and I dont wanna see HWBot end up in the ditch 

Much in the same way only the top 15 globals and top 40 hw count towards your total, they changed it to only 1 div, and then half of that as otherwise other comps were completely swamped by the road to pro series, and it just massively favoured those with lots of hw, and I think they wanted to avoid that a little, since the global and hw rankings often favour those.

oc-esports is an extra thing that came about I don't know when, and currently isn't a priority due to the limited people who are 'working' at hwbot I believe.

15 hours ago, GeorgeStorm said:

Sadly looks like there are still issues, gtx670 vantage ranking seems broken. @richba5tard

http://hwbot.org/benchmark/3dmark_vantage_-_performance/rankings?hardwareTypeId=videocard_1932&cores=1#start=0#interval=20

Teammate also seemed to lose a score from it, resubbed this morning

I see 46.7pts for first spot going down to 14.6pts for 20th. Seems normal?

On 4/27/2018 at 9:07 PM, mr.paco said:

Not sure if it falls under the recalculation or something else, but my Road to Pro points dont show. If I understand it correctly I should be showing 70.4 for my chosen Division-1 under my World Ranking for the past year.

points.png

Thanks for reporting, looking into it tomorrow morning.