HWBOT Community Forums

HWBOT Rev7.1 point recalculation in progress

richba5tard

Thanks George!

- edit:

Okay, triggering a recalc of position #1 fixes this, but now I've got to find out how it was possible that the points decreased all of the sudden. I think the most likely scenario is someone submitted a wrong pifast world record (eg 8 seconds), which triggered a full recalc with a new WR to compare to (making everyone lose points). After that, the submission got deleted, and the rankings did not recalculate (which they should). That is my current hypothesis which I'm trying to reproduce. Just thinking out loud so you guys now what is going on. :)

• Like 1

• Members
4 hours ago, richba5tard said:

Thanks George!

- edit:

Okay, triggering a recalc of position #1 fixes this, but now I've got to find out how it was possible that the points decreased all of the sudden. I think the most likely scenario is someone submitted a wrong pifast world record (eg 8 seconds), which triggered a full recalc with a new WR to compare to (making everyone lose points). After that, the submission got deleted, and the rankings did not recalculate (which they should). That is my current hypothesis which I'm trying to reproduce. Just thinking out loud so you guys now what is going on. :)

This actually relates to something I've thought for a while ever since I signed up to get the emails of new WRs etc.

Maybe new WRs/GFP scores need mod/admin approval? Stops people having stupid points on the front page with a completely invalid score, and if it does also cause this then it would stop that as well. Obviously would mean they don't get their score straight away but if a popup could appear when the sub is made to explain because it's a new WR/GFP or whatever it requires admin approval I think it would be ok?

53 minutes ago, GeorgeStorm said:

This actually relates to something I've thought for a while ever since I signed up to get the emails of new WRs etc.

Maybe new WRs/GFP scores need mod/admin approval? Stops people having stupid points on the front page with a completely invalid score, and if it does also cause this then it would stop that as well. Obviously would mean they don't get their score straight away but if a popup could appear when the sub is made to explain because it's a new WR/GFP or whatever it requires admin approval I think it would be ok?

What about hwfp? These should have the same issue right? But I think that admin approval for every hwfp might be a bit of a drain on resources.

Manual approval of WR's has been talked about since the beginning of HWBOT, but requires manual resources we don't have, and is a PITA during competitions where new hardware is launched. Sandbagging & WRs would not go together.

In the meanwhile I was able to reproduce the submit WR & delete issue, which is now fixed on production too. As a side effect it takes a long time to delete a WR, but I can make this asynchronous in the future.

This was the last reported issue of rev7.1, if I ignore the old (pre rev7) issue that some submissions are incorrectly marked as "best submission of a user" and appear twice in a ranking.

I had Road to Pro points from my Div II score but my Div IV points are higher and I prefer Division IV anyway so I selected Division IV expecting half of the Div IV points to show up but instead I get 0... Oh Well.
image.thumb.png.2f96a60d5d5b00a23a30f46d144fff23.pngimage.thumb.png.95388df10a387b86d7993b4fcdcaa5bf.png

Edited by cbjaust

• 2 weeks later...

Any ideas how a ranking becomes screwed?

- edit:

When thinkering on UAT with submit/edit/delete functionality I noticed the rankings don't fully update or deadlock when you modify your score after submission. I've improved this and patched it to production.

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, ksateaaa23 said:

suddenly my celeron g470 xtu globals have become zero.........

x.PNG.ec3c3861a6ad8a45f0d30c745d1bc201.PNG

The submission is not marked your best (global) submission, but it is your best hw submission. I think this is incorrect. You used to have global points for this?