HWBOT Community Forums

ASRock z170 MOCF lives on Coffee Lake Mods

I replaced took the BIOS Z17MOCF7.51D_CFL, then extracted the GUID 17088572-377F. then I added all the regions from the 7.50 bios to it. Added to it the extracted GUID 17088572-377F. After that, the system started.

but what is this ?

loading 67% in the task manager vs 2 % on the HWiNFO.

запуск 8700k на z170 extreme 4.png

Edited by labeanchik

How to change BIOS, so that you can choose all 6 cores, not 4, as now?
I choose a multiplier for all kernels in BIOS, 47 and after the boot in Windows I see 3700.
Then I open the A-Tuning program and through it I change the frequency of the processor - the frequency becomes the same as that I will put out in this program.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/28/2018 at 10:04 AM, dreamcat4 said:

Hey there. Photos show other way you can connect the SKT_OCC pins of the socket together: Either way does same thing, it tells the board that there is a coffee lake CPU inserted into the socket. (because that function moved in coffee lake to a different pinout location)

-704f2493a51166fd.png

Hey, sorry for being stupid but I want to be sure. You're telling us that instead of shorting the pins in the green box we can just isolate the pins in the red zones with something like electrical tape, right ?

Edited by SlimBadka

8 hours ago, SlimBadka said:

Hey, sorry for being stupid but I want to be sure. You're telling us that instead of shorting the pins in the green box we can just isolate the pins in the red zones with something like electrical tape, right ?

No, you only have to short the two pads indicated for it to work but I would recommend doing both.

Insulating the two pads indicated isn't an absolute requirement but if you don't it will burn the corresponding pins out of the socket. The pins are not actually used for anything so if you do burn them out it doesn't hurt the functionality of the board at all. 

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, DR4G00N said:

No, you only have to short the two pads indicated for it to work but I would recommend doing both.

Insulating the two pads indicated isn't an absolute requirement but if you don't it will burn the corresponding pins out of the socket. The pins are not actually used for anything so if you do burn them out it doesn't hurt the functionality of the board at all. 

Just to be clear i didnt isolate them and at least my OCF is bricked now because i didnt know this. CPU is not the problem it works fine in a Z370 Fatal1ty ITX, but in my OCF i now instantly get WHEA Error Bluescreens.

I will test my mOCF later i hope it is still alive...

And i thought i fucked up with the silver and killed the sockets with a CPU with two silverdrops on the CPU...

So i can just warn you: isolate the pins or you risk your board!

IMG_20180508_1851421.jpg

Edited by immortuos_

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/30/2018 at 8:35 PM, labeanchik said:

How to change BIOS, so that you can choose all 6 cores, not 4, as now?
I choose a multiplier for all kernels in BIOS, 47 and after the boot in Windows I see 3700.
Then I open the A-Tuning program and through it I change the frequency of the processor - the frequency becomes the same as that I will put out in this program.

In what state is your Z170 Extreme4 mod? Do you experience any additional problems? Could you post your bios for us to try?

• Like 1

On ‎6‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 8:18 PM, Splave said:

Sorry I'm not sure see what nick says

@NickShih

Thanks a lot for your efforts Splave! ;)

Nick would you be so kind to give us some infos about the hypothetical release of modded BIOS for ASRock Z170 OC Formula that have full support of Core i7-8086K?! 

Thanks to both and have a nice day.

Cheers,

KK

• Like 1