HWBOT Community Forums

ASRock z170 MOCF lives on Coffee Lake Mods

On 9/10/2018 at 12:14 AM, Kirche said:

https://www.dospara.co.jp/5shopping/detail_parts.php?bg=1&br=21&sbr=1132&mkr=465&ic=437933&lf=0

This one's for about ~15700 yen ( 142 USD sans shipping ). I assume they have it as they don't say they don't have it. Prices look quite normal unlike the amazon one.

http://shop.tsukumo.co.jp/special/160812s/

~14000 yen ( 127 USD sans shipping ). It also looks like they may have it.

Both places are Sold Out with no more coming, I have a registered Buyee account with the Chrome "add to Buyee" app/extension and the only ones I have found available to buy are from Amazon.JP and cost alot before 3rd party fee's, shipping, customs etc. Boo !

Ninja Edit: One cool thing tho is Z77 OCF's are available at good prices both new and used

Edited by GtiJason
  • Like 1

On ‎9‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 8:14 AM, Kirche said:

https://www.dospara.co.jp/5shopping/detail_parts.php?bg=1&br=21&sbr=1132&mkr=465&ic=437933&lf=0

This one's for about ~15700 yen ( 142 USD sans shipping ). I assume they have it as they don't say they don't have it. Prices look quite normal unlike the amazon one.

http://shop.tsukumo.co.jp/special/160812s/

~14000 yen ( 127 USD sans shipping ). It also looks like they may have it.

Both of them out of stock ?

• Like 1

On 9/7/2018 at 9:56 PM, symerac said:

Since @NickShih isnt making a new BIOS for the ATX-Version of the Z170 OC Formula..

Is it hard or difficult to mod the latest BIOS (Z17OCF7.51A_CFL) to support the new 9700k/9900k-Series or even 8086k?

Also the Core selection fixing..

Maybe here is someone who could help us with a mod bios?

Since @NickShihdid not log in here since April 2017 I think the chance is pretty low we will see that.

I would be more than interested in a current version for non M-version. Maybe we can all collect a donation and convince him to do a new version ;)

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, flautze said:

Since @NickShihdid not log in here since April 2017 I think the chance is pretty low we will see that.

I would be more than interested in a current version for non M-version. Maybe we can all collect a donation and convince him to do a new version ;)

leave that atx z170 oc formula alone.

there wont be any updates on that as is 2 generations older board and M version is better for ln2. they wont waste engineering time on making a bios for you ... 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, flautze said:

We really Splave to ask Nick for us again. He was going to already. Anyhow - that's how it got Nick's attention last time.

Looking back though, the only noteworth improvement seems to be... this ?

> Core selection fixed 1/2/3/4/5/6 all available now instead of 1/2/3/6

Then I think I can live with that. Unless it was being able to set specific per-core multipliers. Rather than enable / disable cores completely.

Or perhaps there were also other kinds of improvements on the mOCF side? Then I am not aware of them.

• Like 1

For those of you getting dr.debug code 00 after modifications to cpu pads and bios update , do Intel MEI Recovery under UEFI update utility. If Intel ME version is too high, it interferes cpu identification which will result in code 00. That option will rollback to 11.6 version if you use 7.51e bios. 

+ edit

After windows install I found out cpu is only running at 800mhz. Turn off thermal throttling in bios.

+ edit 2

If you refer to your manual, there is a switch in #15, which is slow mode. Mine was turned on after I had it RMAed.Slow mode switch was the reason it had run at 800mhz. Turn it off.

Edited by fast2please
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Splave said:

the 8 core works in MOCF yes :P 

Are you sure? Including PCIe Slots?

Since a german website say you need a fix or patch to get it work. Because there was a fix for CFL on Z170/Z270 for PCI.

Edited by symerac
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, symerac said:

Since a german website say you need a fix or patch to get it work. Because there was a fix for CFL on Z170/Z270 for PCI.

I cant post screenshots yet :P  do you have a link to PCIE issues? Maybe that is an issue from a non official bios? 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Splave said:

I cant post screenshots yet :P  do you have a link to PCIE issues? Maybe that is an issue from a non official bios? 

I guess it was this one:

https://www.win-raid.com/t3483f16-Fixing-PCI-Express-for-Coffee-Lake-CPUs-on-Sky-Kaby-Lake-non-Asrock-and-some-new-Asrock-motherboards.html

But when you say PCIE slots working fine under the MOCF + 8 Core its fine:) 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, symerac said:

It cleary says non Asrock MBs. Or it affects some Asrock (very specific models) like Z170M OCF ? Never had issues. I remember seeing some problems with Asus Apex IX (Z270).

Well, maybe some Z170M OCF can have PCIe issues just like 1 of my MBs needed to downgrade the MEI version to boot CoffeeLake (even with 7.51E BIOS and physical mod done).

Regards

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sabishiihito said:

I've noticed this board really trains quickly when paired with Coffee Lake if you have the VIDMM right for your speed+timings.

I always have slow boot with 12 11 11 even at 4000. Lowest volts to pass at 4000 tight was 1.83v set in bios and still slow training, but I think it's fairly normal as I experience this behavior on the Apex as well when pushing memory.

• Like 1