HWBOT Community Forums

2018 cascade units

Hello

Want to show You a work which I done in 2018 :) . Sorry for not good pictures, using iphone 5s to make photos in dark workshop wasn't good idea.

1. Cascade to Belgium, 18kBTU + 12kBTU , bartx 65mm diam evap, R507/R1150, gauges, automatic oilseparator.

-86C@400W

-80C@550W

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

I have transported it by myself to Belgium :).

-------------------------------------

2. Cascade to Spain, 18kBTU + 11kBTU , 54mm steeper evap, R507/R1150, gauges,  oilseparator with handvalve.

-85C@400W

-83C@500W

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

--------------------------------------------------------------------

3. Repair a suction line leak +refill of 2nd stage of cascade from Austria (not built by me), two R134a rotaries looks like approx 8-10k BTU (do not check specs) , unknown evap diameter under 40mm, R404a/R1150.

Before it caught a leak it was running with R23, do not have problems after R1150 regas.

-103C no load

-90C@250W (cascade is approx 10 years old and were build to hold load approx 250W, mine work was only to repair a leak and refill it so I do not test it with bigger loads).  It should handle 300-350W.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

:)

Regards

Piotr

• Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, crazeone said:

Amazing work! Are there any good phase change builders in the USA?

Nol

Don't think he participates here though.

I can get his info if you'd like. Probably better to inquire for yourself at Overclockers.com though. He hangs there.

Edited by Mr.Scott

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

does anyone have a schematic how a cascade unit is connected and could share?

no worries found it ? though sad that on the sites where this is being discussed all the links to systems built seems to be dead.. thus there is no way to really trace the history in details just scattered pages.

Edited by Matsglobetrotter

• 1 month later...
On 4/15/2018 at 8:09 PM, piotres said:

Hello

Want to show You a work which I done in 2018 :) . Sorry for not good pictures, using iphone 5s to make photos in dark workshop wasn't good idea.

1. Cascade to Belgium, 18kBTU + 12kBTU , bartx 65mm diam evap, R507/R1150, gauges, automatic oilseparator.

-86C@400W

-80C@550W

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

I have transported it by myself to Belgium :).

-------------------------------------

2. Cascade to Spain, 18kBTU + 11kBTU , 54mm steeper evap, R507/R1150, gauges,  oilseparator with handvalve.

-85C@400W

-83C@500W

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

--------------------------------------------------------------------

3. Repair a suction line leak +refill of 2nd stage of cascade from Austria (not built by me), two R134a rotaries looks like approx 8-10k BTU (do not check specs) , unknown evap diameter under 40mm, R404a/R1150.

Before it caught a leak it was running with R23, do not have problems after R1150 regas.

-103C no load

-90C@250W (cascade is approx 10 years old and were build to hold load approx 250W, mine work was only to repair a leak and refill it so I do not test it with bigger loads).  It should handle 300-350W.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

:)

Regards

Piotr

all pics show broken links