HWBOT Community Forums

HWBOT ocesports Pro OC / Division 2018

richba5tard

New comp rounds look good but I noticed in Div VII, the description in the stages says only Geforce 400 cards but the rules on the right says Geforce 500. Could someone fix when they get a chance? Thanks

• Crew

Changed date to the 4th of may and edited already some stuff. However backgrounds are still wrong and some limitations need to be added or edited

I deliberately opted to go for GPU PI 3.3 as we need partly to evaluate this enhanced version and give Matt some credits for his hard work, names still might change though

All 3Dmark benches require a verification link!!

Edited by Leeghoofd
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Leeghoofd said:

I deliberately opted to go for GPU PI 3.3 as we need partly to evaluate this enhanced version and give Matt some credits for his hard work, names still might change though

Are you disabling points then?

Only reason I ask is for the same reason 3.3 was struck down before. The revised code will lay waste to any old scores done on that particular hardware in that division.

Why is that ok now? Nothing has changed since 3.3 was released and dumped the first time.

Edited by Mr.Scott

8 hours ago, Mr.Scott said:

Are you disabling points then?

Only reason I ask is for the same reason 3.3 was struck down before. The revised code will lay waste to any old scores done on that particular hardware in that division.

Why is that ok now? Nothing has changed since 3.3 was released and dumped the first time.

I ran 3.3 a couple of times today and I'm not seeing any real change is scores with Ryzen 7 1800X; I didn't improve my previous time at the same clocks. it took a 0.58% clock speed boost to see a 1.9% reduction in time. Only one data point for me but not seeing the massive improvement mentioned, at least on CPU. Perhaps GPU is where the improvements are.

12 hours ago, Leeghoofd said:

No this version will NOT interfere with current rankings of the older ones. Proposal to rename the updated one to GPUPI 4.0 will get different (new) rankings and hopefully other integrated benchmarks than the usual 100M and 1B.

Got to act fast if we need to configure a new benchmark in hwbot and the competitions. :)

• Crew
6 hours ago, cbjaust said:

I ran 3.3 a couple of times today and I'm not seeing any real change is scores with Ryzen 7 1800X; I didn't improve my previous time at the same clocks. it took a 0.58% clock speed boost to see a 1.9% reduction in time. Only one data point for me but not seeing the massive improvement mentioned, at least on CPU. Perhaps GPU is where the improvements are.

not tested Ryzen but with Intel, even on older SB CPUs you get like a 35-40% perf boost at the same frequencies... GPUs similar story

alright, I've gone back and run the two versions back to back and I see a 1.21% reduction in time for 3.3.2 versus the current generally approved version 3.2 for hwbot submissions.

YD180XBCM88AE GPUPI for CPU_1B_02m-55.816s at 4101-1755 & 1125-1550 R9 390X.png

YD180XBCM88AE GPUPI for CPU_1B_02m-57.974s at 4101-1755 & 1125-1550 R9 390X.png

Edited by cbjaust
initial maths fail