HWBOT Community Forums

cpu limitation

if the result will be balanced per core ok, otherwise it's a non-sense use dual and quad core cpus 

FX-Series (15h gen1), FX-Series (15h gen2), 

vs 

Sempron X2 (15h gen2), Athlon X2 (15h gen2), A-Series (15h gen2), Athlon X4 (15h gen2), FX-Series (15h gen3), A-Series (15h gen3), Athlon X2 (15h gen3), Athlon X4 (15h gen3), Athlon X4 (15h gen4), A-Series (15h gen4), A-Series (16h gen1), E-Series (16h gen1), A-Series (16h gen2), E-Series (16h gen2), A-Series (16h gen3), E-Series (16h gen3)

Again we cruel the FX Octocore so the small and later released more efficient APUs can compete.

I always thought Bracketed Competitions were about people competing with the same or very similar hardware not a wide scope of different hardware with different efficiencies..

• Like 4

• Crew

How many divisions do you require to achieve that goal? Divs are are nearly identical from Round1 and indeed the FX octacore was a fuckup first class by AMD in efficiency...

However you should be able to compete easily in 3D11 (physx) and GPUPI right? Only 2 stages are per core to balance things a bit more... no idea how to make it more fair for everybody

Edited by Leeghoofd

I understand from your point Alby dont worry about that I dont expect 20 Divisions.

I just think its funny how you can run every APU that will fit in a Crossblade Ranger its like FM2 socket against AM3+.socket.

It should be one or the other.

If GPUPI isnt divided by core count shouldnt be a problem.

• Like 1

• Administrators

The problem is, if hwbot puts fx and older amd cpus at ryzen divisions by core count, legacy amd benchers have even less chances to get points. And when I tried this last year, people complained about this a lot xD

maybe, for the next round, it will be good to have apu battle, as last year (if I remember correctly)

socket (FM2 FM2+ e.g.) limited competition I think not will be a problem, because also division VII in fact is limited (only 1155 ivy)

imho point is that hwbot should help people to know / learn overclock capability, not simply "buy" points

15 minutes ago, Leeghoofd said:

The above  is planned for another big cup in the summer... Challengers will remain similar format...  as Michael said the current format is not that bad  when you start benching... 

Team Cup? :D

Best comp of the year, no pressure. :P

• Like 1