HWBOT Community Forums

Question about official background in the Challenger 2018 Div V Round 2.

Anchoret

Dear administration,
May 21, 2018 all 5 of my results in the Challenger 2018 Div V Round 2 were deleted from competition.
I received a letter from the hwbot.org team:

663072950_LetterfromHWBOT.png.ac8e40ea7cb4b3c87f472e44bc501885.png

But it's not possible to open a link from the letter because another domain and forum revision are currently in use.
From May 01, 2018 (or May 04, 2018) to today (May 23, 2018) the following background were officially declared for participation in the Challenger 2018 Div V Round 2:

RTP2PRO.thumb.jpg.ac244c775760ca699356850a652f8ca6.jpg

I used official background in my all submissions for the competition. Therefore, I don't understand the claim in the letter of the administration regarding the background I used.
I turned all my results back to the competition because of the absence of violation of the competition rules on my part stated in the letter.
If you want to deny me the opportunity to take part in the Challenger 2018 Div V Round 2, then you should change the official background during this competition. Because, unlike extreme users, I make all my results with air cooling and therefore my results depend on weather conditions and seasons. Since almost summer I will not recycle my results for new background.

• Like 1

• Crew

Frederik unlocked the challengers too soon ( 1st of May ) while most stages didn't even have proper limitations, nor background. Friday 4th of May was the official date for the start of the Challengers. And all challengers divisions should have been with the proper background. Due to numerous complaints I checked all mail traffic if there was any hickup with a division with the wrong background linked. And there was none, however it seems that all the backgorund links in DIV V are still the wrong ones...

Major fuckup so those that have done submissions for  DIV V only just resubmit... mea culpa

• Confused 1

And how could I know that those were the wrong background? I don't make decisions related to the choice of the divisions background.
I participate in only V Division. I made the results specifically for this competition. Used the background that you put in the links to all the V Division stages. What might be the violation of the competition rules from my side, if the background used by me are placed in the official competition rules  to this day (20 days from the start of the competition)?
The results I was preparing for the 2nd round of V Division, I did in early May. Now I cannot repeat them. Because, again, I use air cooling. The ambient temperature has increased by more than 20°C for 20 days from the start of the competition. The summer begins in 6 days in Ukraine - it's off-season for air-overclocking.

• Crew

No score was deleted (unless it had missing CPU-Z or other standard verification issues). The ones with the wrong background were only removed from the compo.

As stated in my post, there was an error for Div V with the PRO OC background linked. Thus all scores for this DIV (V only) will be accepted even if the submission had the wrong background (our bad)

So locate your score and just click participate in the challengers.

Clear now ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Leeghoofd said:

No score was deleted (unless it had missing CPU-Z or other standard verification issues). The ones with the wrong background were only removed from the compo.

As stated in my post, there was an error for Div V with the PRO OC background linked. Thus all scores for this DIV (V only) will be accepted even if the submission had the wrong background (our bad)

So locate your score and just click participate in the challengers.

Clear now ?

I did this and found 3 out of 4 subs and was able to resubmit into the comp without issues. Couldn't find my 3DMark '11 780ti sub, must've gotten deleted accidentally. Placeholder sub anyway so I don't care too much but just fyi @Leeghoofd

Edited by unityofsaints
adding @mention

for those who used pro oc background instead...?

does it matter that much ? I thought the background idea was to make sure submissions were dating from the competition period, not before or after... in fact I had no clue till now there were 2 backgrounds available ....

Edited by bolc

• Crew

There's still plenty of time to bench… no scores are blocked, just bench now with the right one… you will understand soon why the background becomes a vital part of compos… thx for catching the hickup in DivII

Edited by Leeghoofd

i already benched 3 scores on div2 with the wrong background... I started benching for with div2 which showed no background in any of the stages, so picked up the one I had linked on our team webpage beginning of May (thinking there was one background for all...it happened to be the pro oc series background...), then moved to doing div7 scores with the same background....

am I screwed as well for my 3 div2 submissions ?

(Ps: I have one sub left on div7 you have not removed from oc-esports, the cbr11.5 please do so...). hopefully, I can equal or beat my previous scores for div7 :D. for div2, I can redo them though since I sold the i5... :o

I am looking forward to learn more about the background becoming a vital part of compos.
thanks for your dedication anyway.
good day

Edited by bolc