HWBOT Community Forums

[WTB] [EU] Anything P45 > 630MHz

TAGG

I'm looking for a board that is confirmed to run at least 1M at 630MHz on air w/o suicidal voltages :)

EDIT: and 610 32m would also be nice (unlike that patato of a p5q-e that doesn't do 590 no matter what)...

Offer anything, but gigabyte is preffered :)

Edited by TAGG
  • Like 1

I have to retest that P5Q-E with a E8400 now it seems that the Conroes don't scale that well... Still doesn't explain why none of the chips were able to do 32M beyond 590 even if they did multicore benches @610... maybe the MC is crap idk... (tested several kits of normally decent D9Gs)...

Strangely enough this also doens't really make sense: http://hwbot.org/submission/3352334_tagg_memory_frequency_ddr2_sdram_741.3_mhz  same board...

As for the boards: I'd really like the EP45-Extreme (allready have the T and it's a great board) but shipping from the US to austria just kills every deal :(

Edited by TAGG

On 5/25/2018 at 9:51 PM, Aleslammer said:

You having a problem finding a board? Picked up Giga EP45-UD3P Rev. 1.1 off of Ebay to run some S771 and do a little binning of DDR2, been posting over at Warp 9 on the RAM results. Have a EP45-Extreme and a EP35-DS4 both run in your specs just didn't want to butcher the sockets on them.

http://warp9-systems.proboards.com/thread/624/ddr2-binning 

Hi :)

Nice bunch of rams man ;)

Are your testing max frequency-like tests, or did you try spi1m / 32m oat the frequencies / latencies?
you may want to look into 5-5-5-5 2T trfc = 30 or less timings, applicable on D9 chips

I guess they can do at 2.3 V above 620-630 without trouble.

why looking into P45 for fsb > 630? that s only applicabvle to c2d and p45 is not the best for c2d ?
imo ep45 can do very well c2q 45nm, but for the rest, X48... (for p4 is another story too)

Edited by bolc

@bolc

Xeon 50xx 51xx and 52xx I got some conroes that will post 600MHz on air and according to my experience they'll do 640 ish on cascade....

Also I don't want to chop up my rampage's socket :) Might try a P5E3-Premium or P5E64 Evo... But not so sure if I can get xeons to work on them though :(

Edited by TAGG

600MHz FSB air conroe? Wtf.

Conroe scaling should be better than that I would think. Allendale gains ~20MHz from air to phase and Conroe gains ~40MHz doing the same. The one Allendale I tested on LN2 then gained another ~20MHz from phase.

Also, I chopped up the socket on my 698MHz EP45T to run 771 chips. Haha.

Edited by Noxinite

On 5/25/2018 at 10:51 PM, Aleslammer said:

You having a problem finding a board? Picked up Giga EP45-UD3P Rev. 1.1 off of Ebay to run some S771 and do a little binning of DDR2, been posting over at Warp 9 on the RAM results. Have a EP45-Extreme and a EP35-DS4 both run in your specs just didn't want to butcher the sockets on them.

http://warp9-systems.proboards.com/thread/624/ddr2-binning 

Wow, props to you for all this DDR2 binning, damn! :D Any tests on 4-4-4-12 or even 4-4-4-4 for SuperPi 32M with your best kits? They'll need a bit more voltage of course, 2.2V is too low. 

My PC2-8000 Cellshocks (D9GKX) could do 600MHz 4-4-4-4 32M @ 2.5V and 630MHz 4-4-4-4 1M @ 2.65V but unfortunately, after all these years, one stick has died :/ It was nothing spectacular, there were much better DDR2 kits out there, but it still hurt ? I think up to 2.4-2.5V is relatively safe, I'm sure I destroyed my RAMs by feeding them 2.75V+ at some point. 

When I saw TAGG's OP my mind focused on half of what he was asking and for that I apologize!

As for the testing strictly based on frequency just wanted to see if I could find anything readily available in the used market that would get close to the high binned kits, 2x2 were of more interest to me. Posted the results as a lot of the period threads are missing images and sometimes hard to follow and more or less don't cover the later days of DDR2.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/29/2018 at 10:23 PM, TAGG said:

@bolc

Xeon 50xx 51xx and 52xx I got some conroes that will post 600MHz on air and according to my experience they'll do 640 ish on cascade....

Also I don't want to chop up my rampage's socket :) Might try a P5E3-Premium or P5E64 Evo... But not so sure if I can get xeons to work on them though :(

as far as i know, xeon 3000 series will work on x38/48 but xeon 5000 series will not. same for Q chipsets. so indeed you need p45 for 5000 ;)
nice scores of yours for X5470/5460, they are on my list to bench fully with chilled water :D

hence your recent xeon 771 scores, or it will get even further up ? :D

do you knwo its max fsb on quad?

i am finishing an ok Q9650, then going back to Xeons... :D

Edited by bolc

I had it POST 550 without messing arround with voltages at all, so I might be able to get ~10MHz over the EP45T-Extreme...

Currently i'll probably do some more 1366 and some Pentium 3 benching if i find a TUSL2-C :)

On 6/18/2018 at 12:42 PM, bolc said:

hence your recent xeon 771 scores, or it will get even further up ? :D

do you knwo its max fsb on quad?

i am finishing an ok Q9650, then going back to Xeons... :D

First time benching the EP45-UD3P, seems to be way better than my EP45T-Extreme: http://hwbot.org/submission/3879827_tagg_cpu_frequency_xeon_x5470_5727.27_mhz

Why are you comparing boards at 10x multi, surely both will do 570MHz FSB easy?

Edit: Oh it's a quad.

I have both boards and they all do decent FSB +670, but admittedly the EP45T has a bunch of bios issues.

Edited by Noxinite

No they won't quadcores run better on some boards then they do on other, with a dualcore both boards did 650+ FSB...

My EP45T also doesn't like to post at random times at 600+ (540 for quads) FSB still haven't found a way to fix that...

• Thanks 1