HWBOT Community Forums

Asus Z170i pro gaming & intel 8600k

HI there guys!

Im new here, i know there is a mod BIOS that gives u the posibility of pairing a coffee lake CPU with "old" z170 motherboards. Just know nothing about the method, how to make it, programs to use, how to change the bios etc. I dont even know if its posible to achieve it on my motherboard.

I would be very gratefull if somebody could help, and teach me a little more about this so i can give it a try!

Thank u all ;)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 6/2/2018 at 10:43 PM, Juanithor said:

HI there guys!

Im new here, i know there is a mod BIOS that gives u the posibility of pairing a coffee lake CPU with "old" z170 motherboards. Just know nothing about the method, how to make it, programs to use, how to change the bios etc. I dont even know if its posible to achieve it on my motherboard.

I would be very gratefull if somebody could help, and teach me a little more about this so i can give it a try!

Thank u all ;)

Did you ever learn how to do it?

On 6/3/2018 at 7:43 AM, Juanithor said:

HI there guys!

Thank u all ;)

if you are totally unexperienced in bios modding and something like this,I dont think any good will come out from this project of yours. Just go buy an 7xxx series chip.