HWBOT Community Forums

Asus Maximus IX Apex and Coffee Lake Cpu's !

In this case, I'm sure that even the original BIOS for Maximus X Apex did not give support to WinXP.

Mod definitely could not break the possibility of installing WinXP...

If it comes to that, WinXP/Win7/Win8 officially not supported by anyone. officially supported only win10 ?

Edited by jjxaker
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

11 hours ago, jjxaker said:

In this case, I'm sure that even the original BIOS for Maximus X Apex did not give support to WinXP.

Mod definitely could not break the possibility of installing WinXP...

If it comes to that, WinXP/Win7/Win8 officially not supported by anyone. officially supported only win10 ?

X bios did no give XP support, the reason many are excited here is ability to run higher clocking better imc coffee cpu's in z270 board since Ape IX actually can. SuperPi 32m loves XP and if you love mem oc u should too

4 hours ago, sabishiihito said:

I got one of the SOIC SOP8 clips and paired with a TL866CS but the PCIe slot clip interferes with getting a good connection on the BIOS chips.

What are you trying to do ? With the short mod you can flash Alex's 0084 v2 and modded Apex X bios 1501 or wtf it is for HT. One guy here even flashed bios by using flashback and screwdriver to connect bios flash pads 
while this may not be technically 100% correct, I find it as a good way to look at mod and describe it

Mod ldesc.jpg

Edited by GtiJason
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, sabishiihito said:

I suck at soldering, especially the tiny components on this board.  I wanted to flash with MiniPro Programmer.

If that's the case I'd of tore off that pcie slot clip by now. Or tape around the 2 bios pads that need to be shorted and try liquid metal, HB pencil, or tiny flathead screwdriver to temporarily connect em

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, sabishiihito said:

I tried shorting the bios pads with a screwdriver but USB Flashback still wouldn't take the .ROM file.

It is necessary to completely de-energize the system, close contacts, turn on the power and start the update process.

• Like 1

Bios UPDATE

Base: Asus Maximus X Apex for Maximus IX Apex@BIOS MOD 1602

Support CPU: Skylake/Kaby Lake/Coffee Lake

Latest Bios Microcode:

Intel CPU SKL 0xC6, KBL 0x8E, CFL 8 Core 0x96 / 6 Core 0x96 / 4 Core 0x8E.

Intel EFI RST 16.5.0.3492

Intel VBIOS 1059/GOP 9.0.1080

Intel Lan UNDI 0.0.19/Lan OROM 0.1.13/Lan GBE 0.5

Intel ME Firmware 11.7.0.1129

All Region DESC/ME/BIOS Unlock.

All components of the board are working. including RGB Light, on-board graphics card, HT, PCI-e.

To MOD flash through the ISP programmer or HW MOD USB Bios Flashback.

M10A_MOD_ver1602.rar

info.jpg

Edited by jjxaker
  • Like 3

13 minutes ago, jjxaker said:

Bios UPDATE

Base: Asus Maximus X Apex for Maximus IX Apex@BIOS MOD 1602

Support CPU: Skylake/Kaby Lake/Coffee Lake

Latest Bios Microcode:

Intel CPU SKL 0xC6, KBL 0x8E, CFL 8 Core 0x96 / 6 Core 0x96 / 4 Core 0x8E.

Intel EFI RST 16.5.0.3492

Intel VBIOS 1059/GOP 9.0.1080

Intel Lan UNDI 0.0.19/Lan OROM 0.1.13/Lan GBE 0.5

Intel ME Firmware 11.7.0.1129

All Region DESC/ME/BIOS Unlock.

All components of the board are working. including RGB Light, on-board graphics card, HT, PCI-e.

To MOD flash through the ISP programmer or HW MOD USB Bios Flashback.

M10A_MOD_ver1602.rar

info.jpg

Sorry to bother u, but this file and the older one, i give me error on WINRAR: " this archive is either in unknow formot or damage "

Thanks in advance!

3 hours ago, sabishiihito said:

Well I used 2B pencil mod and got the flash to take, but trying to boot with an i3-8350k it seems to go through the normal POST process but halts at code 18 after the RAM detect codes, then starts back over after a while and does the same thing...

U need to insolate the 2 pins in the CPU too

Edited by gkmltd

9 hours ago, jjxaker said:

Use the latest version Win Rar 5.60 https://www.rarlab.com/rar/winrar-x64-560.exe

Bios 1602 already named creative.rom, very nice !

Edit: doesn't seem to be working for me, maybe because I don't have the cpu's isolated anymore since there's no need on bios 0084v2 and for 6c HT I use MOCF. Thought the hard mods did away with this need, could I'm wrong wouldn't be the first time :D 2nd or 3rd actually haha

Edited by GtiJason

6 hours ago, ocvn said:

1602 for the upcoming 8 core coffee lake?

This BIOS has the official support of the entire of new CPU 9000 Series. CPUID 906EC Coffee Lake Octa Core.

If you did not know, I inform you that all MB on the Z370 are officially compatible with future processors, including 8 core...

At the same time, all motherboards of any manufacturer on the chipset of the z370 are clones of the old z270 series. therefore, there will be no problems with launching new CPU on the z270. although it will also be very easy to implement on z170... VRM on the TOP boards for a long time did not change, the stock is very large.

Edited by jjxaker
  • Like 3