HWBOT Community Forums

Asus Maximus IX Apex and Coffee Lake Cpu's !

20 hours ago, schenckelbros said:

I have a Maximus IX hero and wanted to make it compatible with 8 gen. 

The whole procedure for HERO is completely analogous to APEX.

You just need the right version of the BIOS, I recommend a complete transformation into HERO 10.

this is not a problem, in principle I can help with the modification of the BIOS...

• Like 1

I did this mod, used 0084 bios in Alex's original post, everything is working except no matter what I set the cpu multiplier to it will only go to 4.3Ghz. Everything else goes higher - 53 on the uncore for example... If I set 55x, 54x, 53x or 52x or anything else above 43 it will on say 4.3Ghz.

Any ideas?

• Like 1

On 7/21/2018 at 11:25 AM, jjxaker said:

The whole procedure for HERO is completely analogous to APEX.

You just need the right version of the BIOS, I recommend a complete transformation into HERO 10.

this is not a problem, in principle I can help with the modification of the BIOS...

I will be very grateful if you can help me with the modification of Bios. From your experience, do you know if the 12 threads of a 8700k will work? thanks in advance 

• 2 weeks later...

I just try this on my IX APEX. So., Flashback with no problem. Startup with no problem, but, RGB led stays off after I linked wire near pcie. I destroy something on board or its normal ???  I have tested 1602 moded bios for X APEX and it works but UBUNTU cant find network card. So i go back to original bios and UBUNTU can find network card without problem. Then I try 0084 bios by Alex@ro and network works UBUNTU found it. But HT ....

Interesting thing is in 1602 bios there are some 5G card option and PXE runs every time and if it is disabled it runs too. Can jjxaker help with this ?

3 hours ago, forsakenchickenkiller said:

I just try this on my IX APEX. So., Flashback with no problem. Startup with no problem, but, RGB led stays off after I linked wire near pcie. I destroy something on board or its normal ???  I have tested 1602 moded bios for X APEX and it works but UBUNTU cant find network card. So i go back to original bios and UBUNTU can find network card without problem. Then I try 0084 bios by Alex@ro and network works UBUNTU found it. But HT ....

Interesting thing is in 1602 bios there are some 5G card option and PXE runs every time and if it is disabled it runs too. Can jjxaker help with this ?

greetings to all from German hardwareluxx forum :) we also discuss and buy now cheap Apex IX boards :)

some thoughts:

existing W10 install, had to install latetest Intel LAN driver from Asus AND Lighting_Control_1.06.17, installed and Aura is on!

disable 5G in Bios by hand is not a big deal...

@ jjxaker can we post you bios directly in the other forum, with a link to this thread and source?

Edited by the_patchelor
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...