HWBOT Community Forums

Asus Maximus IX Apex and Coffee Lake Cpu's !

43 minutes ago, suzuki said:

I don’t have Ht with 0094 on 8700k,any ideea why ?

Ram oc is poor only on CFL,i cannot go past 3866 12-11-11 on same bios,but with 7350k/7700k i can do 4200 12-11-11 easy.

0084 & 0094 do not have HT, these bios' from Alex/Asus never had ht capability and were really just made for Super Pi and Win XP.  For HT try dsanke modified 1704 or 1801
https://community.hwbot.org/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=2700

or modify the 0094 bios yourself
https://www.win-raid.com/t3835f16-GUIDE-Fixing-HT-for-Coffee-Lake-CPUs-on-Skylake-and-Kaby-Lake-motherboards-Z-Z.html

20 hours ago, NorySS said:

Can this bios be installed via the FLASHBACK? I got my 9900k running WITHOUT HT with the bios posted on the first page 0092

Thank you in advance

I used Flashback for 1801, but I renamed it to Creative.ROM and have the hard mod done on bios chip (shorting 2 pads)
I would use 1801 for 9900k since it is proven to work, not sure about 1602 modded like you were using

short mod.jpg

Mod ldesc.jpg

Edited by GtiJason
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, GtiJason said:

I used Flashback for 1801, but I renamed it to Creative.ROM and have the hard mod done on bios chip (shorting 2 pads)
I would use 1801 for 9900k since it is proven to work, not sure about 1602 modded like you were using

short mod.jpg

Mod ldesc.jpg

I tried every bio listed here. Best one has been 1801.

I'VE done the solder mod. I shorted the unlockee pads with a screw driver. 

Tight area to work with. Hmmm... I'll try it again. Maybe A bad flash. 

1801 has been best for mem OC in my opinion. For some reason I have problems with all modded bios' when pushing OC on cpu (w/ HT), mems and a gpu at 16x. I've even modified 0094 (for HT) and other Apex IX/X stock bios'. On some of the bios' I have to use Turbo Vcore to apply cpu OC and can only go up to multi that is set in bios (for core, uncore is fine)

Just rename 1801 to Creative.ROM and use flashback

Edited by GtiJason

2 hours ago, sammurai said:

Did anyone managed to mod an Asus Maximus Impact VIII ? Did not found anything except for some BIOS mod alternatives.

I have that little devil and I would like to see how it works with an i7 8700k/8086k.

Thanks!

Everything you need to know is here, You can grab a bios thats ready to go for Impact VIII or learn how to do it yourself. I learned to do it in a few days and am no Isaac Newton

https://www.win-raid.com/f16-BIOS-Modding-Guides-and-Problems.html

Maximus VIII Impact running with 9900K, should be no issue with 8700K/8086K.

CPU Pad Mod I just made.

2 pins isolated as per attached image.

Flashed with programmer.

If you need bios, let me know.

Maximus VIII Impact CPU Pad Mod for CFL.jpg

-704f2493a51166fd.png

9900K@M8I.png

Edited by Moonman
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 5

On 3/6/2019 at 12:52 AM, GtiJason said:

1801 has been best for mem OC in my opinion. For some reason I have problems with all modded bios' when pushing OC on cpu (w/ HT), mems and a gpu at 16x. I've even modified 0094 (for HT) and other Apex IX/X stock bios'. On some of the bios' I have to use Turbo Vcore to apply cpu OC and can only go up to multi that is set in bios (for core, uncore is fine)

Did you try using turbo vcore to manually set core 5 and 6 to the speed you set in the bios ?

Not sure this is what you looking for tho.

On 3/7/2019 at 1:59 AM, Moonman said:

Maximus VIII Impact running with 9900K, should be no issue with 8700K/8086K.

CPU Pad Mod I just made.

2 pins isolated as per attached image.

Flashed with programmer.

If you need bios, let me know.

Thank you!

I will give`it a try and come back with feedback.

A BIOS will be very usefull.

Edited by sammurai

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/1/2019 at 2:23 PM, 5erveD said:

@@rne You suggest to use mmtool.
I never used that.
Is that easy to do ?
Do you have any tips ?

Edit:
Which cpu's are in the 0094 bios ?

This is easy to use. Just use cpu patch section. there, you can check which microcode is implemented by checking the corresponding cpu ids. you can use a different bios to extract the needed patches and then insert them..

1 hour ago, @rne said:

This is easy to use. Just use cpu patch section. there, you can check which microcode is implemented by checking the corresponding cpu ids. you can use a different bios to extract the needed patches and then insert them..

I had taken a swift look at it. But was a bit dazzeld by it. Used the modded bios from dsanka and tried with my good 8600k and that worked.

Will give it another go to try with the Celeron. But only got that cpu to check the mod. Didn't want to have the chance of killing the 8600k.

Thanks for the tips. 

On 3/6/2019 at 1:52 AM, GtiJason said:

Sorry can you elaborate - what kinds of problems? Been thinking of getting a 9900k to upgrade the 7700k in my Apex Z270, currently running 5Ghz rock solid delidded 7700K on water with mem at 4Ghz so I'm curious if similar is achievable on Z270 with the 1801 bios. Also did you flash using flashback or programmer and is there a difference between the two? Thanks

Edited by kolkoo

On 6/22/2018 at 6:20 PM, OCX.Chile said:

Primary PCI-e working w/o issues and showing 16x 3.0 @16x 3.0 with last BIOS update :D

Has anyone tried 3 and 4-way GPUs with Coffee Lake and the MIXA? With the MXIA and Dark not having 4 slotsI fear options for 4-way on high-clocking CPUs are disappearing fast. The situation is probably even worse when XP support is required.

27 minutes ago, unityofsaints said:

Has anyone tried 3 and 4-way GPUs with Coffee Lake and the MIXA? With the MXIA and Dark not having 4 slotsI fear options for 4-way on high-clocking CPUs are disappearing fast. The situation is probably even worse when XP support is required.

I run 3 way crossfire (HD7970) with 9900k on M9A

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

Today finally did the mod and everything seems to be fine so far except I can't install the USB drivers after flashing 1801 Bios.

Do I need to use any special driver? After doing the mods and booting with 6600K everything worked fine including USB drivers. Flashed 1801 and I have USB in Bios but not in Windows (7) anymore. Tried reinstalling chipset and USB drivers but no success. It installed the ASMedia USB Root Hub and ASMedia USB3.1 extensible Host Controller but the normal USB-Controll fails during installation.

€: after some more reading looks like only the red port works under XP/win7...that's fine I have a splitter running anyway so now the fun can start. Was pretty straight forward modding, thanks @Alex@ro and @dsanke @dreamcat4 for instructions and bios! Can't wait for some quad-damage xD

https://i.imgur.com/pjgnCvR.png

Edited by SoF

• 2 weeks later...

The bios modder Dsanke has also made an 0901 now. Here it is:

4:22 PM] dsanke: Author: @dsanke
Motherboard: ASUS ROG MAXIMUS IX APEX
Based on:ASUS ROG MAXIMUS X APEX 1901
ME: 11.7.0.1229
Microcodes: The same as original M10A BIOS.
Note: Flash via SPI Programmer. Support All LGA1151 CPU except Xeon and Skylake ES. AURA/SLI Fixed.

$ md5sum *1901*
9ff2714a4b6ab8aedb5c877ff0eef8c3  ROG-MAXIMUS-IX-APEX-ASUS-1901.rar
d72335f098f3654945e9502664090057  ROG-MAXIMUS-IX-APEX-ASUS-1901.rom

ROG-MAXIMUS-IX-APEX-ASUS-1901.rar

• Thanks 2