HWBOT Community Forums

Asus Maximus IX Apex and Coffee Lake Cpu's !

Guys,

Was wondering if anyone wouldn't mind sharing your overclock settings? I have a 9700K and using Dsanke's last mod he put it out on my Apex IX.

Basically set things at Auto for CPU except dialed in a 1.285 + setting for adaptive voltage and 1.18 and 1.20 for the VCCIO and VCCSA settings.

This results in the bios declaring that I am running at 4.9 Ghz with XMP turned on at my default memory settings (almost default was laxing my timings

so that I could overclock my ram but for now running it a default to test cpu stability). This results in coretemp reporting the cpu multiplier jumping 

anywhere in between 800 and 4700 mhz but locking in a 4600mhz when priming.

So if anyone wouldn't mind sharing...

Thanks.

Edited by davidm71_2

Господа, добро пожаловать! БИОС: нужно их держать до самого конца, пока плата не обновится? под рукой еще нет паяльника ...

Господа, добро пожаловать! Подскажите место на плате для прошивки BIOS: нужно их держать до самого конца, пока плата не обновится?

there is no soldering iron at hand yet......

Edited by Marcusfenix89

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Well here is the latest mod bios from @dsanke. Who cannot post it here himself to whatever forums problems registering his account. Same as before. You can see what they added in the ASUS changelog, https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/ROG-MAXIMUS-X-APEX/HelpDesk_BIOS/

Which says....

> ROG-MAXIMUS-X-APEX BIOS 2203
> 1) Support Intel upcoming CPU
> 2) Improved system stability and performance
> 3) Update RAID driver to rev. 17.5
> 4) Support Intel Optane Memory H10 device
> 5) Update ME firmware for Intel security issue.
> Before running the USB BIOS Flashback tool, please rename the BIOS file (M10A.CAP) using BIOSRenamer

I don't think you want to renae it "M10A.CAP" though. See 1st post for the other filename / full instructions how to flash.

BTW you can also use the MCE Extractor tool on this dsanke's BIOS file. Just to double check which of the intel CPUIDs microcodes are included / supported. By searching them in the Intel microcode guide PDF file https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/public/us/en/documents/sa00115-microcode-update-guidance.pdf

Kind Regards

ROG-MAXIMUS-IX-APEX-ASUS-2203.7zUnavailable

A request from anyone who left the bios to throw either the mail 1976oldi@mail.ru or make a link here, otherwise this link does not work.

Edited by 1976oldi
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Is there anybody running I7-9700K without any hardware mod to this motherboard? I just decided to go and buy it as it is really cheap now and i want to pick some i7-9700K to go with after new 10gen of CPU is out. Should i HW mod it or just use  CH341 for bios flash and thats it?

On 5/2/2020 at 11:54 PM, OneB1t said:

Is there anybody running I7-9700K without any hardware mod to this motherboard? I just decided to go and buy it as it is really cheap now and i want to pick some i7-9700K to go with after new 10gen of CPU is out. Should i HW mod it or just use  CH341 for bios flash and thats it?

if you use the CH341 no need to short the two pad near BIOS controller, just solder the points near the pciex

On 6/15/2018 at 6:34 PM, Alex@ro said:

As you could see already  coffe lake cpu 's can run on the Asus Maximus IX Apex motherboard. 

Full steps required for making this happen : 

#1 Hardware mod

Do the following modifications :

Short the following pads in order to flash the bios file : 

Have fun !

after that, everytime I switch the bioses at first boot the system gives out a message about BIOS flashing with debug code 70, then automatic restart and gives out and other flashing message with debug code 80; is it normal?

On 4/8/2020 at 3:22 AM, 1976oldi said:

Well here is the latest mod bios from @dsanke. Who cannot post it here himself to whatever forums problems registering his account. Same as before. You can see what they added in the ASUS changelog, https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/ROG-MAXIMUS-X-APEX/HelpDesk_BIOS/

Which says....

> ROG-MAXIMUS-X-APEX BIOS 2203
> 1) Support Intel upcoming CPU
> 2) Improved system stability and performance
> 3) Update RAID driver to rev. 17.5
> 4) Support Intel Optane Memory H10 device
> 5) Update ME firmware for Intel security issue.
> Before running the USB BIOS Flashback tool, please rename the BIOS file (M10A.CAP) using BIOSRenamer

I don't think you want to renae it "M10A.CAP" though. See 1st post for the other filename / full instructions how to flash.

BTW you can also use the MCE Extractor tool on this dsanke's BIOS file. Just to double check which of the intel CPUIDs microcodes are included / supported. By searching them in the Intel microcode guide PDF file https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/public/us/en/documents/sa00115-microcode-update-guidance.pdf

Kind Regards

ROG-MAXIMUS-IX-APEX-ASUS-2203.7zUnavailable

A request from anyone who left the bios to throw either the mail 1976oldi@mail.ru or make a link here, otherwise this link does not work.

I'm trying this one now..

15 hours ago, speed.fastest said:

True, i checked almost all bios, 0022 or 1010 bios or ported x apex bios this 3 yield the best result.

Did you try this bios? I'm trying too your 0022 modified based on m10a to see which makes better memory performance

Just wanted to share a word of warning that you guys might be affected by maybe maybe not but found out one of the Windows updated screwed up my Apex IX and not sure what was at fault but was able to fix using a Windows installer usb stick to repair the system and remove that update. Since we all share similar configs you should be aware.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/25/2020 at 12:35 PM, jjxaker said:

Was wondering easiest way to upgrade bios if I have an older 2003 Dsanke bios release? Can I update with ME tools? Or do I still have to override protections once again?

Also trying to fix a certain frequency (3600 mhz lets say) and disabled speedstep and C-States to lock it in but despite over riding voltage to like 1.30 volts CoreTemp and HWInfo both say that the VID is much lower at like 0.9 volts!  How do you get your VID to match?

Thanks

Edited by davidm71_2