HWBOT Community Forums

Asus Maximus IX Apex and Coffee Lake Cpu's !

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Does anyone got 2x16GB B-Die B1 PCB Dual Rank Dimms working beyond 3733 MHz? I have a hard time regardless the timings to boot with anything faster than 3733. Looks like training failure. Maybe someone could share his wisdom. ?

@DimitrovskiyMost Did you enabled RealTime Memory Training in the Bios? Just to be sure...

Edit: I've moved on to a MSI Z390I Gaming Edge AC and must say it's an awesome board. I can now run my RAM at 4000CL16@1.4V TM5/extreme1 stable.

Edited by octra

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/15/2020 at 11:54 PM, octra said:

Does anyone got 2x16GB B-Die B1 PCB Dual Rank Dimms working beyond 3733 MHz? I have a hard time regardless the timings to boot with anything faster than 3733. Looks like training failure. Maybe someone could share his wisdom. ?

@DimitrovskiyMost Did you enabled RealTime Memory Training in the Bios? Just to be sure...

Edit: I've moved on to a MSI Z390I Gaming Edge AC and must say it's an awesome board. I can now run my RAM at 4000CL16@1.4V TM5/extreme1 stable.

it is absent in the BIOS

Wonder if Asus will ever update bios to support SAM or Clever Access Memory feature to allow contiguous access to video card memory as one block. Was just reading about it on techpowerup. Averaged a 5-10 percent performance boost. Should be possible in every Intel processor since Haswell. We got to have this.

• Like 1

Yes i think they are going to support it or somebody will backport it to Z270/Z370 

As i dont think it is that complicated functionality (when they can basically enable it in few days for different platform after they found out that is working well)

Edited by OneB1t

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

hi, does anyone know, if i can use now the 64GB 16Gbits DIMMs, like the  Patriot Viper Steel RGB DIMM Kit 64GB, DDR4-3200, CL18-22-22-42 (PVSR464G320C8K) or G.Skill Trident Z RGB DIMM Kit 64GB, DDR4-3200 F4-3200C16D-64GTZRG
currently i have G.Skill Trident Z RGB DIMM Kit 16GB, DDR4-4133, CL19-19-19-39 (F4-4133C19D-16GTZR)

if so, with which BIOS version? Currently i only have the 1301 on my Maximus IX Apex from the ASUS Support page, and an Intel i7-7700k@5GHz (watercooled)

thanks

Cheers

Hi guys,

I made all modifications as in the first post, downloaded ROG-MAXIMUS-IX-APEX-ASUS-2402, 

formatted flash drive to fat32, renamed bios file to creative.rom, trying to flash with bios flash back but button blinking a few times and stops. I'm using the correct usb port. What's wrong? Original bios version is 0402.

Edited by Gumanoid

On 2/10/2021 at 3:40 AM, Gumanoid said:

Can anyone help?

First, try a low speed simple USB 2.0 stick with 8 Gb capacity, maybe you just have a controller incompatibility.
To flash dsanke modified BIOS you have to do that hardware mod, short these 2 contacts to remove Asus bios lock. Are you sure you did it right?
Or you can remove bios lock with software method as described here: https://www.win-raid.com/t3908f16-GUIDE-Grub-Fix-Intel-FPT-Error-or-BIOS-Lock-Asus-Other-Mod-BIOS-Flash.html

The bios lock is located at 0x939.
Or, you could ask that Lost_N_BIOS guy, make a thread and ask for help with 2402 modification.

Or, you can take 2301 unlocked version here:

P.S. Could you please share that latest dsanke 2402 version? Download links not working.

mod1eczcs.jpg

Edited by AlexRay