HWBOT Community Forums

Asus Maximus IX Apex and Coffee Lake Cpu's !

On 4/16/2021 at 2:50 PM, Focusnik said:

Yesterday, Dsanke posted a new version of 2503.

http://www.smxdiy.com/thread-712-1-1.html

https://pan.baidu.com/s/1VKrcLdh4wfLJujbpY6Sm5w
Code: xs7q

Does anyone can download it?

https://www.mediafire.com/file/9di63jw78loeks6/ROG-MAXIMUS-IX-APEX-ASUS-2503.7zip/file

Edited by dmytri2009
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/7/2020 at 7:09 PM, davidm71_2 said:

Just updated the microcode on the Apex IX Dsanke 2301 rom for 906-EC to version D6 from version CA. Sorry I only updated one microcode for my 9700K but I think it should work on the 9900K as well. Also may have removed the Asus Bios-Lock. Just flashed and can confirm its a working rom:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/0ydhw2ruesg7y6q/ROG-MAXIMUS-IX-APEX-ASUS-2301-D6-Unlock.7z/file

d6mc.jpg?raw=1

I try this but not working. 

Bios flashback - not working.

EZ - not working. 

What is the right procedature? 

I have to use this method: https://www.win-raid.com/t3908f16-GUIDE-Grub-Fix-Intel-FPT-Error-or-BIOS-Lock-Asus-Other-Mod-BIOS-Flash.html ?

And no HW mod to BIOS chip needed? I think it is only about flashing the BIOS named M9A.cap :) 

THX a lot

On 3/14/2021 at 9:19 PM, Karel648 said:

I have the same problem with Asus ROG Maximus IX Extreme. Please help

You dont have to join any pads on Maximus 9 Extreme, just use CH341A programmer and connect it through JSPI connector (above JSPI you have 3 pins to choose which chip you want to flash, if you connect to each other left and middle pin you can flash 1st bios chip and if you connect middle and right one you can flash second chip). Try this bios: https://disk.yandex.ru/d/O6a5jdcdXaQKGg (supports every cpu, even 9900k with HT). Of course after flashing just unconnect every cable (especially the bios switch one)

Edited by Uno132

Friends, I have a little problem. I wanted to change the bios image, dump the asus boot logo and repainted it, added a couple of small images in photoshop. The size and weight of the file turned out to be the same as before, but the program says that it should be smaller. I compressed the image, flashed the bios with the new image, and put it on a flash drive. I renamed the bios to creative. rom and used flashback to install a new bios, but there is no picture. Then I took another picture, even smaller, and it also did not appear. Next, I just took a picture from the anime and intel inside and the picture appeared. This is some kind of randomness. Who knows what the problem might be? One image loads, the other does not, although both of them weigh less than the stock asus logo. I just wanted my custom logo
1st pic - stock 
2nd pic - 496kb
3rd pic - random anime pic
APEX IX (2301 dsanke) + 9700k + 3200c16 (Hynix A-die)rbtagXRZ5s8.thumb.jpg.45400adef58cc6c36abfb3896ee0c380.jpg

anime-anime-girls-blue-hair-blue-eyes-short-hair-cartoon-Re-Zero-Kara-Hajimeru-Isekai-Seikatsu-Rem-Re-Zero-cleavage-bra-mouth-AMD-bikini-top-white-bra-mangaka-302134.jpg

pizdatoelogo.bmp huetaaaaaa.bmp

Edited by kwx47

• 1 month later...
6 hours ago, Andreat85 said:

Hi guys,

there is TURBO V version for XP ?

Thanks a lot

I'm pretty sure that i used the same version for all OS.  With xp however, on some of the coffee lake bios, the multi won't go passed whatever is set in bios.  In that case, you need to set multi high in bios, then boot in with slow mode.  Once in windows you can lower multi or raise it, but can't exceed what was set in bios.

On 5/30/2021 at 6:57 PM, Mikecdm said:

I'm pretty sure that i used the same version for all OS.  With xp however, on some of the coffee lake bios, the multi won't go passed whatever is set in bios.  In that case, you need to set multi high in bios, then boot in with slow mode.  Once in windows you can lower multi or raise it, but can't exceed what was set in bios.

Thanks Mike!

I'm using 0094 bios with a 9600KF and if i set multi in BIOS than is setting also in XP. It's strange perhaps, 3dmark01 start but than It blocks during loading first bench. I try @ 4.8-5.0ghz, nothing. If i start the bench @ default (4.3ghz) works fine. I don't understand where is the problem. 

2 hours ago, Andreat85 said:

Thanks Mike!

I'm using 0094 bios with a 9600KF and if i set multi in BIOS than is setting also in XP. It's strange perhaps, 3dmark01 start but than It blocks during loading first bench. I try @ 4.8-5.0ghz, nothing. If i start the bench @ default (4.3ghz) works fine. I don't understand where is the problem. 

did you enable the option in the bios?  I think it's called extreme tweaking or something like that. 

8 hours ago, Mikecdm said:

did you enable the option in the bios?  I think it's called extreme tweaking or something like that. 

Yes, i enable EXTREAME TWEAKING option and also TURBO BOOST MODE...now seems to work, no stop during bench 01. To try with single stage and Cascade.  Seems 9600KF is no good...Required 1.45v for 5ghz with AIO cooling.

I have an apex 9 with 9900KF. I was benching my GTX 750 on DICE and out of nowhere the MB started to smoke. Should I replace the transistor or just pull it out and the board will work properly? If I have to replace it, do you have any idea what kind of transistor it is? Thanks

IMG_20210605_091943.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 7/2/2021 at 6:28 AM, ducegt said:

I have also successfully flashed 2603 and have rebar working. ? dsanke

Has anyone tested this setting with RTX card?

Nvidia said you should use 10th or 11th Gen CPU with RTX 30 series card to work with.

Will ReBAR work with Coffee Lake?

After you’ve updated all your components and installed our Game Ready Driver, you can verify Resizable BAR is working on your system by opening the NVIDIA Control Panel.

nvidia-geforce-rtx-30-series-resizable-b

Edited by AlexRay

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 6/21/2021 at 3:23 AM, dmytri2009 said:

M10A 2603 BIOS version transplantation for M9A with Resizable bar support by dsanke

https://www.mediafire.com/file/5dugae6mqdv0kf5

Glad I looked at this old thread and great to see more BIOS updates. Since my M9A is modded (Post #1 ones) was very easy Flash. Just rename as "creative.rom" and use USB with BIOS FlashBack. Seems the "key" is using a 4GB (or less) USB 2.0.

Fun Fact was that 2301 dsanke modded BIOS did not work with a 9100F but 2603 worked just fine haha

Regards

Edited by Samsarulz
  • Thanks 1