Jump to content
HWBOT Community Forums

Asus Maximus IX Apex and Coffee Lake Cpu's !


Recommended Posts

So now i tested moded 1704. But i havent SPI. I have tested flashback.. I renamed bin to creative.rom. Flashback flashed it but 00 code. So i switched to bios2 and board have serious problems to start. Must click power button on fornt panel more than 10 times and board jumps to bios2 and run. Onboard power button not responds. So then i flashback it with 1602 and board started and started twice again with "flashing bios......" text. Then started and boot. So flashback 1704 not working for me. I tested this twice with different flash drive so file may be corrupted,.. But no, it just doesnt work,... Yes i read it "Use SPI", but its just an test,.. :)

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I am testing the mod on my M9A with i3 8100 and I'm stuck with 18 post code, tried BIOS 0094 from Alex, now trying modded MXA 1602... 1602 does not work with XP?

There is quite long (3-5 secs) 00 code after 55 which might be misleading, there were couple reboots, but I'm in OS now :) non-K OC is not that fun anymore although :)

Update - I could OC and play with mems, but cache multi is stuck at 33 no matter what, and turboV core throws an exception when I switch to clock tab. Got a decent geekbench and xtu result, but mocf beats m9a since it clocks cache.

Update #2 - in my case if I apply too much oc, it fails with post code 15, after which a reboot is stuck at 00. It's fixed by powering down completely (unplug psu and wait 30 secs) before next attempt.

Edited by phobosq
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

What is happening? Nothing after pressing the power button or does it start for maybe a second and then shuts down?

If nothing then try to redo the pin shortening, if it starts and immediatly shuts down then there is something me related wrong.

z170-cfl24iija.png

Edited by oldirdey
Link to comment
Share on other sites

For MOCF and Apex there was another method to do the pin shortening, maybe you did that and didn´t know about? ME 0.0.0.0 is fine if you can read this in bios. Only if you open the rom with a tool like mmtool then there should be a hint to the ME version before cleaning.

And as far as I know pin mod is only needed for 6 core. 8350k is more kaby then coffee lake.

8700-3ynerp.jpg

Edited by oldirdey
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi there. Any of you here have flashed your apex 9 onto z370 bios already? I have a small request:

 

Can you please run for me (as root user) the following script, under linux?

 

ls-iommu.sh

 

https://gist.github.com/jabbas/a8785710a5e8655045fc0be67385e887

 

If you are on windows, then please boot of a linux live USB. Which can be burned from ISO disk image file on windows using the program rufus. For example ubuntu

 

https://www.ubuntu.com/download/desktop

 

This is to check / see the IOMMU groups. For virtualization passthough under linux. Thank you.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Anyone have any luck doing this mod with the Maximus IX Code? It appears to me that the board is physically different than the Apex and hard modding it will differ from the Apex as well? And I assume that the bios files are probably not interchangeable between the two and I'll need to create a proper file somehow?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm having an issue overclocking with the 0094 bios on my IX Apex and a 9600K. No matter what ratio I set in bios, above the stock 43 multi,  it doesn't show in windows. I can down clock the cpu no problem but I can't even get 44 multi to work. And the settings stay saved in the bios but only shows stock clocks in windows. I might be a complete noob and missing something but I don't think so. Hopefully someone can help with this weird issue.

Just wanted to add that the bios seems to work fine otherwise.

Edited by MTP04
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/27/2018 at 4:35 PM, MTP04 said:

I'm having an issue overclocking with the 0094 bios on my IX Apex and a 9600K. No matter what ratio I set in bios, above the stock 43 multi,  it doesn't show in windows. I can down clock the cpu no problem but I can't even get 44 multi to work. And the settings stay saved in the bios but only shows stock clocks in windows. I might be a complete noob and missing something but I don't think so. Hopefully someone can help with this weird issue.

Just wanted to add that the bios seems to work fine otherwise.

As websmile said, if you set boot mode to turbo and leave eist and turbo enabled it will work.
But you have to set cores 5 and 6 in OS using Turbo V core 1.01.15
On screenie below I set 50x multi in bios but it boots at 43x until I change cores 5-6 under cpu ratio tab to 50x/50x

 

0094 5g HT.jpg

Edited by GtiJason
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, GtiJason said:

As websmile said, if you set boot mode to turbo and leave eist and turbo enabled it will work.
But you have to set cores 5 and 6 in OS using Turbo V core 1.01.15
On screenie below I set 50x multi in bios but it boots at 43x until I change cores 5-6 under cpu ratio tab to 50x/50

Exactly. The 0094 is not able to adjust the cores in bios properly. However, turbo Vcore works fine. 

There is a hint for modding bios regarding correct core count with new coffee CPUs in win raid Forum if somebody cares  

Tested with 9600K and 9700K. 

Edited by @rne
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, @rne said:

Exactly. The 0094 is not able to adjust the cores in bios properly. However, turbo Vcore works fine. 

There is a hint for modding bios regarding correct core count with new coffee CPUs in win raid Forum if somebody cares  

Tested with 9600K and 9700K. 

Can u post a link?

Tnx

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...