Jump to content
HWBOT Community Forums
TASOS

The official Old School is Best School Season 4 Round 5 thread

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Get ready

ROUND 5 - Socket 754 (2003)

(No adapters allowed)

Stage-1

SuperPI 1M

Stage-2

HWBOT X265 1080P

Stage-3

3DMark2003 - Nvidia series (Up to 6xxx series - single vga - single gpu only)

Stage-4

FM Cloudgate - ATI AGP series

 

Edited by TASOS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TASOS said:

3DMark2003 - Nvidia series (Up to 6xxx series - single vga - single gpu only)

Sorry I didnt read the preparation thread. So you basically want to allow everything before Geforce 6 ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Strunkenbold said:

Sorry I didnt read the preparation thread. So you basically want to allow everything before Geforce 6 ?

Doesnt really matter , because i believe all participants will use 6xxx series to compete.

But for typical reasons , the rule for this round applies to all gen cards up to 6xxx series.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Just to clarify,  desktop hardware includes mobile processors or not?

Also, GPU limited to 1 core?

Edited by Mr.Scott

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Mr.Scott said:

Just to clarify,  desktop hardware includes mobile processors or not?

Also, GPU limited to 1 core?

Yes , you can use a mobile cpu.

Yes it's single gpu only (1 core).

59 minutes ago, George_o/c said:

It says single vga single gpu only, so the 6600GT Dual and all that are probably out? 

 

Yes , that rarity is out.

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Mr.Scott said:

Just to clarify,  desktop hardware includes mobile processors or not?

Also, GPU limited to 1 core?

Removed the line with "only desktop processors". AFAIK there is no server hardware for Socket 754 anyway.

I also added a new restriction for single GPU only.

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wondering about bonus round. It says opens 15 June, but that has come and gone. What is the actual open date?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Mr.Scott said:

Wondering about bonus round. It says opens 15 June, but that has come and gone. What is the actual open date?

Normally ...

After the end of this round.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gumanoid said:

Why 3DMARK - CLOUD GATE closed? It's ok?

click submit from the OVERVIEW page

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I didn't really do it that way (the assumption that will work ).

I don't have 3850 or 4650, on something even weaker I don't want to go.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, alexmaj467 said:

 

I don't have 3850 or 4650, on something even weaker I don't want to go.

 

X1950 of some variety would be your next option.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't have any powerful ATI video cards.

overclocking 3d , I had not considered yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Gumanoid said:

Again, what about muti cpu at bonus round?

Bonus Round

Mendocino cores only - Non Intel chipset motherboards - SDRAM - all other aspects free (meaning multi cpu allowed and slot-1 to socket 370 adapters allowed).

 

 

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/26/2018 at 8:22 PM, TASOS said:

Bonus Round

Mendocino cores only - Non Intel chipset motherboards - SDRAM - all other aspects free (meaning multi cpu allowed and slot-1 to socket 370 adapters allowed).

 

 

 

Isnt this just a rehash of Round 2 😐

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×