HWBOT Community Forums
Sign in to follow this  
kicsipapucs

Could probably add Vantage High and Extreme to benchmark list?

I know that this is an obsolete bench by now, but the high and extreme presets are by far less cpu clock bound than the regular version, therefore it could be a good addition to the current list of "somewhat not cpu benchmark" benches. Just my 2 cents.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Having more 3d benches that are less reliant on the cpu can only be a good thing, but I've no idea about these specifically.

• Like 2

More 3D not such a bad thing 😁

I love 3D that doesn't scale with CPU well.  Benches like GPUPI are awesome for comps because of no CPU scaling.  I would be curious to see Vantage High/Extreme comparison of X299 HCC vs something like 7700k...

• Like 2

Vantage X imho would be the one to pick if we had to pick one of the two (H or X) since X runs 1920*1200 vs 1680*1050 and the CPU is weighted 0.05 vs 0.15

• Like 3

On 11/3/2018 at 1:55 PM, Matt26LFC said:

Vantage X imho would be the one to pick if we had to pick one of the two (H or X) since X runs 1920*1200 vs 1680*1050 and the CPU is weighted 0.05 vs 0.15

Funny, I didn't even realise cpu weighting until tonight. But now I know what you meant, nice! Also, I put up Extreme Preset as a beta benchmark, feel free to bench it and join me and Lawrence on the list. No points for now, but still some fun maybe.