HWBOT Community Forums

If you could change 1 thing on hwbot what would it be?

7 minutes ago, Splave said:

how would you change it to be better

I feel right now its way too complicated, and thats why there are all these problems with broken rankings and missing scores ect. I don't have a good solution for what it should be. Just think something much simpler would be better. Maybe something like 1st = 100pts then percentage based after that, so if you score 50% as much as 1st, you get 50pts. Then you could add a simple fixed boost for top 5/10/15 whatever to keep everyone interested in pushing for that extra point or last second. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Members
2 minutes ago, bigblock990 said:

I feel right now its way too complicated, and thats why there are all these problems with broken rankings and missing scores ect. I don't have a good solution for what it should be. Just think something much simpler would be better. Maybe something like 1st = 100pts then percentage based after that, so if you score 50% as much as 1st, you get 50pts. Then you could add a simple fixed boost for top 5/10/15 whatever to keep everyone interested in pushing for that extra point or last second. 

You'd remove the influence of the number of subs?

Also I'd remove the amount of butthurt on the forums for a variety of reasons :D

• Crew

Part of this algorythm is to decrease server load to reduce costs, keep that in mind, now I still think we need a cut off somewhere and just accredsit every score afterwards 1 point.

If it was my choice I would revert back to the Hwbot of the old days Rev 3.3 or such and implement some minor changes to e.g. the old legacies as they have become way too CPU intensive, plus the cut off at a certain percentage of the top score (server load reducement)

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, GeorgeStorm said:

You'd remove the influence of the number of subs?

Also I'd remove the amount of butthurt on the forums for a variety of reasons :D

That would need to be discussed. Like I said, I just feel simpler would be better. See below, even management approves :)

2 minutes ago, richba5tard said:

A point algorithm which can be explained to a 5 year old, and not require a 37 page pdf. :)

Limit cpu speed in some competitions (challenges and so on...), and maybe even mem ram speed, so we can differentiate who really have the knowledge to bench from those who just have lots of money to buy pre-modded and binned hardware (the only skill they have is to flash modded bios).

Just now, Casanova said:

Limit cpu speed in some competitions (challenges and so on...), and maybe even mem ram speed, so we can differentiate who really have the knowledge to bench from those who just have lots of money to buy pre-modded and binned hardware (the only skill they have is to flash modded bios).

This wont work ever. Because its too easy to cheat.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, richba5tard said:

A point algorithm which can be explained to a 5 year old, and not require a 37 page pdf. :)

Can I see this said algo. Its hard to improve something you do not have access to. 

Unless you want us to come up with something new from scratch. 

Edited by rtsurfer

• Members
5 minutes ago, bigblock990 said:

That would need to be discussed. Like I said, I just feel simpler would be better. See below, even management approves :)

I fully support simpler, but the points system couldn't take out number of subs in my opinion.

Also the pdf is floating around somewhere, should be searchable.

There we go first result:

https://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/hwbotdownloads/hwbot+rev7+points+(v7).pdf

Edited by GeorgeStorm
  • Like 1

i would make one dramatic change, completely disable the whole pointing system to all extreme cooling submissions. to ambient i dont want to give any advice at all, but i do believe that no need any kind of pointing system to prove each other or to the supporters that youre up or down on a list with 2 points by the next day, your results and their ranking (ofc keeping the cups tho) speaks for themselves anyway. the simple the better, no more weeping about 3d or 2d points comparison. its not enough competitive for you? go to ocesports and join a country cup or whatever. its not the first time to see ocers losing the motivation and not uploading their results to hwbot. it really needs to worked out somehow to bring the willing back to people to upload their results. keeping the database up to date is much more important than rewarding. thats my 2 cents.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, Achill3uS said:

i would make one dramatic change, completely disable the whole pointing system to all extreme cooling submissions. to ambient i dont want to give any advice at all, but i do believe that no need any kind of pointing system to prove each other or to the supporters that youre up or down on a list with 2 points by the next day, your results and their ranking (ofc keeping the cups tho) speaks for themselves anyway. the simple the better, no more weeping about 3d or 2d points comparison. its not enough competitive for you? go to ocesports and join a country cup or whatever. its not the first time to see ocers losing the motivation and not uploading their results to hwbot. it really needs to worked out somehow to bring the willing back to people to upload their results. keeping the database up to date is much more important than rewarding. thats my 2 cents.

remove all points to extreme, interesting indeed 

• Crew
51 minutes ago, rtsurfer said:

1) Kill OC e-sports. Its a sh** show.

2) Better points algo like Bigblock said. 

3) A bit better moderation

Nr 1 is already done for your info ?

care to elaborate on point nr 3 ? Since I'm the only one left ?

Bala if this was the case why not just disable points themselves, everybody loves to see a ranking I guess

Edited by Leeghoofd
  • Like 1