HWBOT Community Forums

If you could change 1 thing on hwbot what would it be?

10 minutes ago, speed.fastest said:

Database without point will be great, who care about points anyway? Nice write @RULE.

The thing with points is they provide a way for legacy stuff to have some kind of meaning, providing instant context.  Without them only the latest top-end stuff will matter because that's all people care about, and that makes XOC a lot more exclusive and hurts the community.

4 hours ago, RULE said:

@richba5tard  i really wanna know what's your plane for the future. I mean you build this and i assume u care to keep it alive. Sadly i believe the only way to keep overclock alive is to burn hwbot from the ground and start over, probably move database in another more active community like overlcok.net or something like that. Seems people have no problem to pay an annual amount of money for have something smooth to play with, so i'd start from there. I know this might be painfull for you but really now are we talking about life or death for hwbot.

HWbot is alive.  This would be death.

• Like 3

On ‎7‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 4:24 PM, Splave said:

See title. 

Only get to choose one thing. Also choose 1 thing you like. And go

1 thing I like: vmod database

1 thing I'd like to change: points assignment; new point = actual point divided by (average?) hardware price

Edited by superpatodonaldo

• 3 months later...

Too many things to change-improve ...

But i would be happy if finally , someone could fix the thread problem in forum , where you cant see at a glance , the result being discussed or questioned or whatever.

Tired of searching ... and it's been too long like this.

Although it's supposed to have had a high priority on the fix-list.

No excuses anymore ... just implement a forum fix.

@richba5tard @Leeghoofd

• Members
59 minutes ago, richba5tard said:

It's not a fix, it a plugin that needs to be written for invisionpb.

Was thinking about this earlier, when creating a new thread from a comment, couldn't the url of the score be automatically added as the first line of the first post? Would have thought that would be relatively simple to implement, but I've no idea how the invision plugins work.

Edit:

Looks great in the threads, but doesn't fit the activity feed very well, any chance of reducing the size of the preview/removing it from the activity feed? (great work though! :D)

Edit edit:

Aaaand by the time I edited the post you'd already done it :D

Edited by GeorgeStorm

• 1 year later...
On 10/31/2018 at 11:52 PM, richba5tard said:

Yeah writing a plugin is the proper way but it's just too time consuming getting to know the invision pb framework, setting up a dev mode invisionpb to develop and test the plugin, etc etc.

I just hacked the theme to include the info into an iframe. It's dirty but it works.

It seems like , we've lost that useful plugin

• Sad 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/31/2018 at 11:52 PM, richba5tard said:

Yeah writing a plugin is the proper way but it's just too time consuming getting to know the invision pb framework, setting up a dev mode invisionpb to develop and test the plugin, etc etc.

I just hacked the theme to include the info into an iframe. It's dirty but it works.

On 11/20/2019 at 8:21 PM, TASOS said:

It seems like , we've lost that useful plugin

@richba5tard

@Devroush

@Leeghoofd

• 4 weeks later...