HWBOT Community Forums

If you could change 1 thing on hwbot what would it be?

1 hour ago, Achill3uS said:

i would make one dramatic change, completely disable the whole pointing system to all extreme cooling submissions. to ambient i dont want to give any advice at all, but i do believe that no need any kind of pointing system to prove each other or to the supporters that youre up or down on a list with 2 points by the next day, your results and their ranking (ofc keeping the cups tho) speaks for themselves anyway. the simple the better, no more weeping about 3d or 2d points comparison. its not enough competitive for you? go to ocesports and join a country cup or whatever. its not the first time to see ocers losing the motivation and not uploading their results to hwbot. it really needs to worked out somehow to bring the willing back to people to upload their results. keeping the database up to date is much more important than rewarding. thats my 2 cents.

This. Although i still think that 3d benchers should earn more points if u want to keep the point system, simple because who knows how to bench 3d knows 2d too (almost every good 3d overclocker started with 2d).

Also, disable points for old 3d benchmarks (ok maybe keep 3dm03) just because they became 2d benchmarks...

It's really strange to see guys in the top 20 world ranking who never touched a soldering iron to mod their own hardware...

Edited by Casanova

2 hours ago, richba5tard said:

Well our last contractual obligations have ended recently, so I'm no longer under legal obligation to focus on oc-esports competitions. That gives us much more options to clean house than in the past. ?

Yeh but are you actually going to do it?

And then when you do, which group will that inflame? 

And then when we have a two day flame war in the forum, and eventually it gets locked, how many times will you do that til you're sick of it?

When does the hwbot.org domain expire lol

I think if we want XOC/HWBot to survive we need to make it easier for new guys to join, I have several friends interested but as soon as they see all the different OS's needed and restrictions that's the end of it. As much as I'd hate to see certain benchmarks go, it may be a necessity. Potential new members want to see a fair, and easy to use platform. I think Allen nailed it when he said benchmarks with wrapper or valid link

Edited by GtiJason
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

22 minutes ago, Splave said:

I think i would kill all benches that dont have a wrapper and or valid link required for all scores not just top 10. That's like saying we dont want you to cheat hard enough to be in the top 10 but 11th is fine. 

Totally agree.

9 minutes ago, GtiJason said:

I think if we want XOC/HWBot to survive we need to make it easier for new guys to join, I have several friends interested but as soon as they see all the different OS's needed and restrictions that's the end of it. As much as I'd hate to see certain benchmarks go, it may be a necessity. Potential new members want to see a fair, and easy to use platform. I think Allen nailed it when he said benchmarks with wrapper or valid link

Agree with making it easy for new members only.

55 minutes ago, GtiJason said:

So you want us to have nothing but Timespy and XTU? 

I went to a local comp doing 32M and 01 back in the day with a 5.7 sandy bridge, and got fucking destroyed by Fester doing like 5.3. Did I cry about it? Yes.
did I go do some research into how he beat me? Yes.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, zeropluszero said:

So you want us to have nothing but Timespy and XTU? 

I went to a local comp doing 32M and 01 back in the day with a 5.7 sandy bridge, and got fucking destroyed by Fester doing like 5.3. Did I cry about it? Yes.
did I go do some research into how he beat me? Yes.

No, that's not the point I was making. It obviously wouldn't happen overnight and I don't claim to have all the answers but things have become too complicated to attract new blood. Over the last 5 years I have seen a lot of guys disappear and only a handful of truly dedicated new entries and over that time with 3 rev changes (I think) things have become worse, not easier. 32m is my bench and I have spent countless hours teaching friends and teamates how to run it properly but if we can't attract new benchers and the current base is slowly leaving super pi won't matter anymore when there is no one left to bench it

The thing is: we are living an e-sports and mining generation, and since 90's i can't remember hardware parts being so discussed and show on TV like the last 2 years.

On the oposite, Hwbot does not have any other site to compete against, however the last 2 years was really bad in terms of overclock community, mainly here. XS is also a huge database of information about overclock, but o don't see many movement in there too...

I don't have a solution, but i think overclock community is loosing a good chance to grow.

What I love about HWBot:

I mean, I joined a team that only had one guy in it and he is a human slinky. Name one place - I'll say it again - name one place where I could've done that other than the bot? Ok, more than one. I thought I knew a lot about tweaking systems and making them run fast. Turns out, I didn't know nothing until I caught the bot bug and found myself having to figure out how the guy ahead of me pulled it off. That hasn't changed.

What I would change:

I'd love to have just one ranking instead of where I place in the world, where I place in the USA and where I place in my league.

Edited by Leeghoofd
  • Haha 3