HWBOT Community Forums

Official HWBOT TEAM CUP 2018 Thread

Leeghoofd

• Crew
1 minute ago, GeorgeStorm said:

Whilst he came across as he often does, I think adjusting the rules to show ranking doesn't need to be shown is sensible. (since it's not enforced)

In my example with the 2600 the score is shown in the ranking, that is what counts for me. No need to show the entire ranking ladder...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5

• Members
Just now, Leeghoofd said:

In my example with the 2600 the score is shown in the ranking, that is what counts for me. No need to show the entire ranking ladder...

I agree, hence why it would be worth editing the rules/example screenshot to demonstrate this to avoid potential confusion/more pointless reports.

16 hours ago, Leeghoofd said:

Start date will be the 5th of August till the 31st of October. Frederik is adding the stages in the competition pages

Hardware list will be available soon, so you can start scamming Ebay and co, we tried to keep it as cheap and accessible as possible.

Verification rules will be expanded versus the regular standard offical HWBot rules:

• CPU-Z tabs for CPU, Mainboard and Memory (+SPD for the memory stage)
  • Verification Screenshots are always full screen, no removal of taskbar, no clipping,...
  • Retail hardware only (also for motherboards)
  • Competition Background must be visible
  • To avoid the drama of last year, picture(s) of the RUNNING OC setup has to be added with each submission
  • For all 3DMark benchmarks the latest Systeminfo has to be installed (have verification files at hand)

Remarks, feedback other thoughts  are as always welcome

Since the full task bar must be visble (as per a later post) I think that another great rule would be to have the hwbot submission time be no more than 24 hours after the time on the bench system. Yeah, time zones (and/or change to future time so sandbagging would still be a thing I guess) but a commitment to setting all desktops to a particular time zone could work...

25 minutes ago, cbjaust said:

Since the full task bar must be visble (as per a later post) I think that another great rule would be to have the hwbot submission time be no more than 24 hours after the time on the bench system. Yeah, time zones (and/or change to future time so sandbagging would still be a thing I guess) but a commitment to setting all desktops to a particular time zone could work...

Staggered subcategory end dates works as an anti-sandbagging measure too and isn't as much of a pita as your suggestion.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Crew

nope front page only Obscure

6 hours ago, unityofsaints said:

Staggered subcategory end dates works as an anti-sandbagging measure too and isn't as much of a pita as your suggestion.

Issue with this Team competition that you have to get the hardware first, this as a team (so communication is vital who does what).

The ones who have all of the hardware already (aka the hoarders) can go and post the needed scores ( read multiple). It might work for a single score competiion with several stages, but for these big ones it might be unfair for some users

I don't think that requiring the date of bench in screeny to match the date of sub will do anything. Sandbaggers know the date that they'll be subbing and can just change the date that windows says the bench was run. The only real way to beat sandbagging is to have a random stage end every week or a random third of stages end at the end of each month with later stages being worth slightly more points overall to not penalize people who couldn't get hw in time for the first batch of stages ending while also having beginning stages worth enough that sandbaggers can't sub only the last stages and win.

Overall it's hard to beat sandbagging in a balanced way, the best way is that we all agree to sub within a reasonable amount of time of actual benching. Of course this would require we all be honest... I for one plan to sub when I bench. Doesn't mean I won't procrastibag though ;) 

• Confused 1

14 minutes ago, macsbeach98 said:

Alby can we have a list of the stages put up here so I can copy it and paste it for our forum makes it easier for us to sort out who is going to do what

+1 to this please, I understand it might be a pain to do but it makes it a lot easier for various teams to be able to organize things internally.

• Crew
1 minute ago, ObscureParadox said:

+1 to this please, I understand it might be a pain to do but it makes it a lot easier for various teams to be able to organize things internally.

I'll crosscheck where Frederik is at , I had some minor modifications last minute

27 minutes ago, Leeghoofd said:

The taskbar will show more than just the date in some submissions, I don't need it for that ?

Oh I know, I meant for the comment from someone else that date must be close to actual submission date. I assume the main reason is to make it easy to determine windows version.

I think the point of sandbagging is mind games, make the other team think they're doing good so you can destroy their hopes and dreams on the last day. As for the r/overclocking strategy of procrastibagging that's just laziness. I know I can't be assed to bench hard until I only have a week left and I realize how many stages I have yet to bench for :P 

25 minutes ago, ObscureParadox said:

Sandbagging is not the be all and end all, you can even screw yourself over by sandbagging since the server doesn't do too well with people submitting hundreds of scores at the same time ;)

Sandbagging is silly, as for procrastibagging, I don't think we do it intentionally ;) 

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, Leeghoofd said:

Nice so you tell the moderator to moderate, Question: do you see my score in the rankings yes or no ?  Like my example it would be sufficient. Do you spot the error in CN's example screenshot ?

CN's example was done with 'balanced power' in windows rather than the 'performance power' setting.  The CPU has speedstepped down to idle at 1600 and doesn't show the clock speed used in the run.