HWBOT Community Forums

Official HWBOT TEAM CUP 2018 Thread

Leeghoofd

With the addition of the cpu-z mainboard tab taking up additional space, would this be ok ?
Really just talking about the comp bckgnd

(If I moved the cpu-z tabs into the visible taskbar area, had mem freq and mainboard actually showing and not moved by shrinking 2 row taskbar down and actually used Win 7 instead of chopping it in lol)

Won't be showing a lot of background, tho mem tab should be ok for something like mem freq

snaphsot0544.thumb.png.246f166b454c55b380094d365a3a696f.png

Edited by GtiJason

• Crew
1 hour ago, GtiJason said:

Won't be showing a lot of background, tho mem tab should be ok for something like mem freq

I just need to see you used the mobo background, however take note on the following issues in that screenshot, not taking into account your Win7 pro super extreme paint version. If you guys will use very low resolutions make sure everything fits. screenshotting at 1920 x1080 is the easy solution :p

CBexample.jpg

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, GeorgeStorm said:

I'd guess not since it doesn't show mem speed, or mobo model?

Also covers part of the render :P

Edit:

Didn't read properly :D

Yeah was just wondering about the little bit of background showing, but moderators gotta moderate haha
Not like I own a monitor under 1920x1080 anyway, that above 1280x1024 took up maybe 25% of this 2k guy I mainly use cause of 120Htz

• Crew
1 hour ago, Leeghoofd said:

I just need to see you used the mobo background, however take note on the following issues in that screenshot, not taking into account your Win7 pro super extreme paint version. If you guys will use very low resolutions make sure everything fits. screenshotting at 1920 x1080 is the easy solution ?

Only because I actually just finished this run and it happened to be at 1280x1024, Would this pass?

But overall I agree, 1920x1080 or above makes it much easier

R15 1948.PNG

1080p or above is preferred, but on older gpus, especially Terascale, until you install a driver the max res is 1680x1050 which is why I tend to screenshot at that. If there's an Intel igp stage (plz do this, the outrage will be half the entertainment plus its actually fun to bench) I'll be screenshotting at 1080p np ?

• Crew
47 minutes ago, Bilko said:

Only because I actually just finished this run and it happened to be at 1280x1024, Would this pass?

But overall I agree, 1920x1080 or above makes it much easier

13 minutes ago, yosarianilives said:

1080p or above is preferred, but on older gpus, especially Terascale, until you install a driver the max res is 1680x1050 which is why I tend to screenshot at that. If there's an Intel igp stage (plz do this, the outrage will be half the entertainment plus its actually fun to bench) I'll be screenshotting at 1080p np ?

Sadly there are IGP & APU stages :p

CBbad.png

• Thanks 1

On 7/25/2018 at 11:20 PM, Leeghoofd said:

>>snip<<

STAGE 8: 3DMark Firestorm APU/IGP  (3 x iGPU submissions needed)

Remarks, feedback other thoughts  are as always welcome

DDR4 Stage 8 3DMark "Firestorm"... Is that supposed to be Firestrike or Icestorm? (or is there a new 3DMark bench?) 

Thanks for putting this together in these trying times. 

• Crew

thx edited it was Firestrike indeed.

Some stages are indeed limited to a specific type of CPU (limited by socket, core count or type) Hoping Frederik can get it all sorted out before the 5th. For older platforms there wil be opteron/xeons allowed, though only single CPU platforms, never dual sockets!!!

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Leeghoofd said:

thx edited it was Firestrike indeed.

Some stages are indeed limited to a specific type of CPU (limited by socket, core count or type) Hoping Frederik can get it all sorted out before the 5th. For older platforms there wil be opteron/xeons allowed, though only single CPU platforms, never dual sockets!!!

Was not plannet to use the sr-2