Jump to content
HWBOT Community Forums
Leeghoofd

Official HWBOT TEAM CUP 2018 Thread

Recommended Posts

Noted a Venice core is stated for Socket 754 - Would probrably be better if the more commonly found Newcastle or Clawhammer were included too at least. Venice chips for 754 aren't as easy to find as the other two cores.

Not saying they can't be found, it's more of going with what's easy to find and get for cheap.

I've looked today and saw only one Venice, all the rest being either Newcastle or Clawhammer chips with a couple of 3300+ Semprons in the mix - Clearly a Sempron just won't cut it for the comp regardless of what core it's based on.

Of the two additional chips a Newcastle would be the best choice overall if anything else for overall availability and price.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Bones said:

Noted a Venice core is stated for Socket 754 - Would probrably be better if the more commonly found Newcastle or Clawhammer were included too at least. Venice chips for 754 aren't as easy to find as the other two cores.

Not saying they can't be found, it's more of going with what's easy to find and get for cheap.

I've looked today and saw only one Venice, all the rest being either Newcastle or Clawhammer chips with a couple of 3300+ Semprons in the mix - Clearly a Sempron just won't cut it for the comp regardless of what core it's based on.

Of the two additional chips a Newcastle would be the best choice overall if anything else for overall availability and price.

If we do this please exclude mobile chips, they're impossible to find.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Bones said:

Noted a Venice core is stated for Socket 754 - Would probrably be better if the more commonly found Newcastle or Clawhammer were included too at least. Venice chips for 754 aren't as easy to find as the other two cores.

Not saying they can't be found, it's more of going with what's easy to find and get for cheap.

I've looked today and saw only one Venice, all the rest being either Newcastle or Clawhammer chips with a couple of 3300+ Semprons in the mix - Clearly a Sempron just won't cut it for the comp regardless of what core it's based on.

Of the two additional chips a Newcastle would be the best choice overall if anything else for overall availability and price.

I agree with Bones

There are very limited choices of Venice core cpu's on 754 , when asking for 3 different cpu.

Lets add Newcastle and Clawhammer.

You could even ask for one result from each core , that way.

1 Venice - 1 Newcastle - 1 Clawhammer

 

 

 

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I checked ebay.de and can find multiple 3000-3200 and 3400 S754 Venice cores costing between 5-20 euros...

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Leeghoofd said:

I checked ebay.de and can find multiple 3000-3200 and 3400 S754 Venice cores costing between 5-20 euros...

Please re-consider

Things are not that simple as they seem.

There are only 4 cpu's in total with venice core , the one is a special case ... and you are asking the teams to have 3 on 3.

While 3400+ is limited in the current market ... and too expensive for what it offers.

 

... and i'm not sure , you've found a 754 Venice 3400+ on ebay.de

Plenty of other core types by theway.

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, TASOS said:

Please re-consider

Things are not that simple as they seem.

There are only 4 cpu's in total with venice core , the one is a special case ... and you are asking the teams to have 3 on 3.

While 3400+ is limited in the current market ... and too expensive for what it offers.

 

... and i'm not sure , you've found a 754 Venice 3400+ on ebay.de

Plenty of other core types by theway.

 

I imagine the idea behind this stage is to differentiate it from OSiBS. I really don't think it's too hard for a global team to find these chips in time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, unityofsaints said:

I imagine the idea behind this stage is to differentiate it from OSiBS. I really don't think it's too hard for a global team to find these chips in time.

 

I dont want to get into any details at the moment.

But believe me , there's a certain kind of difficulty in this (754) stage , otherwise i wouldnt insist.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Even though it would probably benefit my team if it were to stay with Venice only, I can agree that the stage might be a bit challenging and expensive for people who might be purchasing the platform for the first time just for the team cup, or even members who are experienced with 754 but do not have those venice CPUs to get hold of them. I am in agreement for looking at another CPU arch :)

BTW awesome work on this team cup, I am really looking forward to this one!!! :D

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, unityofsaints said:

I imagine the idea behind this stage is to differentiate it from OSiBS. I really don't think it's too hard for a global team to find these chips in time.

well when you find a few spare  , let me know will ya ???😀

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Leeghoofd said:

I checked ebay.de and can find multiple 3000-3200 and 3400 S754 Venice cores costing between 5-20 euros...

Wish I had your luck looking, I only saw one desktop Venice period and a pair of Sempy's as said earlier.

Never said they coudn't be found, only that between the three named models this won't be so easy for everyone to have a decent shot at getting one if they need to based on what I saw when I was looking.

If the other two models were included that would make things much easier to at least get what one would need to compete and add variety to the mix.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

They are not that hard to find imo. I allready ordered 3 3200+ for 15€ (to be fair shipping is another 5€) but for the 3400+ i'll wait how that plays out here (due to relatively high cost, around 35€):)

On an other note anyone wants me in their team?  Cause doing team cup solo is kinda boring (since you can only submit 1 score per stage) and I'd like to enjoy the full experience :)

Edited by TAGG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, TAGG said:

They are not that hard to find imo. I allready ordered 3 3200+ for 15€ (to be fair shipping is another 5€) but for the 3400+ i'll wait how that plays out here (due to relatively high cost, around 35€):)

On an other note anyone wants me in their team?  Cause doing team cup solo is kinda boring (since you can only submit 1 score per stage) and I'd like to enjoy the full experience :)

OCN is open to 775 lovers. :D

We have issues with our forum being a bit dead, but we're trying to sort that out and have a busy team chat.

Edited by Noxinite

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, TAGG said:

On an other note anyone wants me in their team?  Cause doing team cup solo is kinda boring (since you can only submit 1 score per stage) and I'd like to enjoy the full experience :)

Feel free to come and join , if you like.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, Noxinite said:

OCN is open to 775 lovers. :D

We have issues with our forum being a bit dead, but we're trying to sort that out and have a busy team chat.

 

OCN it is (at least if I haven't crashed the bot) :D Have been looking in your direction for quite a while, if the chat is not on facebook (which i hated, even before it was cool to do so) I'm in  :)

team.PNG.e996de30e62561489b5bacf328f4a034.PNG

@TASOS I'm sorry but benching in a purely greek team just doesn't feel right to me (not that I don't like you guys, but that's kinda like me joining team AU (not the user), i'd stick out like a soar thumb) :)

Edited by TAGG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@TAGG

No problem

I just offered you an alternative , just in case ... you will be more than fine at OCN.

It's sad to see people want to take part in big competitions and not beeing able to.

I remember Mr Paco , years ago having the same problem (and even worst than your case) ... and it didnt felt good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, TAGG said:

They are not that hard to find imo. I allready ordered 3 3200+ for 15€ (to be fair shipping is another 5€) but for the 3400+ i'll wait how that plays out here (due to relatively high cost, around 35€):)

On an other note anyone wants me in their team?  Cause doing team cup solo is kinda boring (since you can only submit 1 score per stage) and I'd like to enjoy the full experience :)

r/overclocking would also be welcoming you :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ground1556 said:

r/overclocking would also be welcoming you :D

I'm not much of a redditer, but thanks :)

@Noxinite I retrospectively stole your "member of the month", how's that for a entry ? :D

ocn.PNG.a032209b3c201108ca2592defc6532b0.PNG

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, TAGG said:

I'm not much of a redditer, but thanks :)

Don't need to be a redditor to be in our team ;) But have fun at OCN ;)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, TAGG said:

I'm not much of a redditer, but thanks :)

@Noxinite I retrospectively stole your "member of the month", how's that for a entry ? :D

ocn.PNG.a032209b3c201108ca2592defc6532b0.PNG

Git. :P

J/k. Welcome, PM me. :)

Race you for August? I think I have the July spot. :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TAGG said:

@Noxinite I retrospectively stole your "member of the month", how's that for a entry ? :D

Amazing man!  Its an honor to have you on our team!  I am really looking forward to getting to know you and benching with you :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Question.

Three results on different (processor, video card, RAM ) can be from one team member or only from three ?

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nope each member one score, you can submit 3, but only the best score will count...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Leeghoofd said:

Nope each member one score, you can submit 3, but only the best score will count...

I understood.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OK so what is the story with the X79/X99 E5-16xx (v2) (v3) unlocked 6/8 core Xeons? Are they in or out or what?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×