HWBOT Community Forums

Official HWBOT TEAM CUP 2018 Thread

Leeghoofd

Noted a Venice core is stated for Socket 754 - Would probrably be better if the more commonly found Newcastle or Clawhammer were included too at least. Venice chips for 754 aren't as easy to find as the other two cores.

Not saying they can't be found, it's more of going with what's easy to find and get for cheap.

I've looked today and saw only one Venice, all the rest being either Newcastle or Clawhammer chips with a couple of 3300+ Semprons in the mix - Clearly a Sempron just won't cut it for the comp regardless of what core it's based on.

Of the two additional chips a Newcastle would be the best choice overall if anything else for overall availability and price.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Bones said:

Noted a Venice core is stated for Socket 754 - Would probrably be better if the more commonly found Newcastle or Clawhammer were included too at least. Venice chips for 754 aren't as easy to find as the other two cores.

Not saying they can't be found, it's more of going with what's easy to find and get for cheap.

I've looked today and saw only one Venice, all the rest being either Newcastle or Clawhammer chips with a couple of 3300+ Semprons in the mix - Clearly a Sempron just won't cut it for the comp regardless of what core it's based on.

Of the two additional chips a Newcastle would be the best choice overall if anything else for overall availability and price.

If we do this please exclude mobile chips, they're impossible to find.

2 hours ago, Bones said:

I agree with Bones

There are very limited choices of Venice core cpu's on 754 , when asking for 3 different cpu.

Lets add Newcastle and Clawhammer.

You could even ask for one result from each core , that way.

1 Venice - 1 Newcastle - 1 Clawhammer

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Leeghoofd said:

I checked ebay.de and can find multiple 3000-3200 and 3400 S754 Venice cores costing between 5-20 euros...

Please re-consider

Things are not that simple as they seem.

There are only 4 cpu's in total with venice core , the one is a special case ... and you are asking the teams to have 3 on 3.

While 3400+ is limited in the current market ... and too expensive for what it offers.

... and i'm not sure , you've found a 754 Venice 3400+ on ebay.de

Plenty of other core types by theway.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, TASOS said:

Please re-consider

Things are not that simple as they seem.

There are only 4 cpu's in total with venice core , the one is a special case ... and you are asking the teams to have 3 on 3.

While 3400+ is limited in the current market ... and too expensive for what it offers.

... and i'm not sure , you've found a 754 Venice 3400+ on ebay.de

Plenty of other core types by theway.

I imagine the idea behind this stage is to differentiate it from OSiBS. I really don't think it's too hard for a global team to find these chips in time.

3 minutes ago, unityofsaints said:

I imagine the idea behind this stage is to differentiate it from OSiBS. I really don't think it's too hard for a global team to find these chips in time.

I dont want to get into any details at the moment.

But believe me , there's a certain kind of difficulty in this (754) stage , otherwise i wouldnt insist.

Even though it would probably benefit my team if it were to stay with Venice only, I can agree that the stage might be a bit challenging and expensive for people who might be purchasing the platform for the first time just for the team cup, or even members who are experienced with 754 but do not have those venice CPUs to get hold of them. I am in agreement for looking at another CPU arch :)

BTW awesome work on this team cup, I am really looking forward to this one!!! :D

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, unityofsaints said:

well when you find a few spare  , let me know will ya ????

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Leeghoofd said:

I checked ebay.de and can find multiple 3000-3200 and 3400 S754 Venice cores costing between 5-20 euros...

Wish I had your luck looking, I only saw one desktop Venice period and a pair of Sempy's as said earlier.

Never said they coudn't be found, only that between the three named models this won't be so easy for everyone to have a decent shot at getting one if they need to based on what I saw when I was looking.

If the other two models were included that would make things much easier to at least get what one would need to compete and add variety to the mix.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

They are not that hard to find imo. I allready ordered 3 3200+ for 15€ (to be fair shipping is another 5€) but for the 3400+ i'll wait how that plays out here (due to relatively high cost, around 35€):)

On an other note anyone wants me in their team?  Cause doing team cup solo is kinda boring (since you can only submit 1 score per stage) and I'd like to enjoy the full experience :)

Edited by TAGG

19 minutes ago, TAGG said:

They are not that hard to find imo. I allready ordered 3 3200+ for 15€ (to be fair shipping is another 5€) but for the 3400+ i'll wait how that plays out here (due to relatively high cost, around 35€):)

On an other note anyone wants me in their team?  Cause doing team cup solo is kinda boring (since you can only submit 1 score per stage) and I'd like to enjoy the full experience :)

OCN is open to 775 lovers. :D

We have issues with our forum being a bit dead, but we're trying to sort that out and have a busy team chat.

Edited by Noxinite

16 minutes ago, TAGG said:

Feel free to come and join , if you like.

29 minutes ago, Noxinite said:

OCN is open to 775 lovers. :D

We have issues with our forum being a bit dead, but we're trying to sort that out and have a busy team chat.

OCN it is (at least if I haven't crashed the bot) :D Have been looking in your direction for quite a while, if the chat is not on facebook (which i hated, even before it was cool to do so) I'm in  :)

team.PNG.e996de30e62561489b5bacf328f4a034.PNG

@TASOS I'm sorry but benching in a purely greek team just doesn't feel right to me (not that I don't like you guys, but that's kinda like me joining team AU (not the user), i'd stick out like a soar thumb) :)

Edited by TAGG

@TAGG

No problem

I just offered you an alternative , just in case ... you will be more than fine at OCN.

It's sad to see people want to take part in big competitions and not beeing able to.

I remember Mr Paco , years ago having the same problem (and even worst than your case) ... and it didnt felt good.

59 minutes ago, TAGG said:

r/overclocking would also be welcoming you :D