HWBOT Community Forums

Official HWBOT TEAM CUP 2018 Thread

Leeghoofd

1 hour ago, yosarianilives said:

@Leeghoofd On all the stages that require a specific cpu socket and a specific gpu family for 3d is both a different cpu and gpu required for all subs? For example 1155+600 series you would need 680+3770k, 670+2600k, 660ti+3470k for example as opposed to running 3770k for all 3 gpu scores?

No. If it's a GPU bench only different GPU's are required. The rest of the platform can be the same.

• Crew
7 hours ago, jpmboy said:

CPU-Z may be out of date...  Could i-nex be acceptable?

leme see if any of the local linux gurus got something.

2.JPG

Sadly we will not allow Linux or any other Ubuntu or OS versions as we need to compare the resutls of a similar Y-cruncher version plus want to stick with CPU-Z for validation

Albrecht @Leeghoofd My old friend i got a couple of questions. Can i make 3 submissions for one category but only the highest score will count ? or im allowed only one submission per category ? Also i only have Ryzen 2200g and Ryzen 2400g APUs for integrated graphics using ddr4 firestrike category but they only work in windows 10 as no other windows version is supported for this APUs , can i submit using windows 10 on my Ryzen APUs ? Thank you , long time i have not been active but this competition seems too much fun :) , thank you Alby and Fred.

Kind regards: Angelo

• Crew

yoo Angelo,

yes Ryzen APU is allow with Win10, but remember only one score will count for the team average. Even if you do 10 scores, only the highest will be there and the rest of the team has to submit two more on other hardware to get the average.

Also remember it is better to have 3 average scores for the team than only 2 good ones. Teams with 3 scores will get a higher rank than teams with 2 or 1 score... even if their scores are top notch, the team with 3 scores is still higher ranked.

Looking forward to some old skool trashing man!!

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Leeghoofd said:

yoo Angelo,

yes Ryzen APU is allow with Win10, but remember only one score will count for the team average. Even if you do 10 scores, only the highest will be there and the rest of the team has to submit two more on other hardware to get the average.

Also remember it is better to have 3 average scores for the team than only 2 good ones. Teams with 3 scores will get a higher rank than teams with 2 or 1 score... even if their scores are top notch, the team with 3 scores is still higher ranked.

Looking forward to some old skool trashing man!!

Thank you for the fast response Alby :) , great to hear from you my brother , good to see my old friends are still going strong in hwbot. Time to wake up team PURE members for this competition. Let's  do this old school style ;) ! 

Edited by Leeghoofd

2 minutes ago, ozzie said:

unless im looking in the wrong place or im going more blind than usual lol, i cant see where the background link is shown t dload for the teams cup , i wouldve thought that would be in  the rules section, can someone help please ?

teamcup_2018.jpg

• Like 1

thx scotty, unless ive missed something, wouldnt it be easier to put it in the main rules requirements page along with all the other rules and requirements for it, or am i thinkin out of the square here,  seems to me if you dont happen to be reading what ever page or post at the time you miss where it is  , jesus, its an essential  requirement with out the essential importance to get it thats needed to be , otherwise if its not used, your sub is null in void and  pulled

Edited by Leeghoofd

• Crew

A bit of both, a running rig is fine, if you can add the monitor it is even better.

@ozzie the background is linked on every stage page, so that's 32 times in total... new verification rules ( to add mainboard tab, full screen, etc ) are mentioned in each of these threads.

Edited by Leeghoofd
  • Thanks 1

• Crew
18 hours ago, Noxinite said:

When I go to edit a result submitted to the competition it gives me a "server error" even if I don't change anything?

I had this already multiple times. Sometimes the server is just unhappy and trying again some hours later helps. Sometimes it has problems because of Ram timings or disk details. I clear all those fields and it usually does the trick. Dont ask me why all of this is working fine when you submit but fails badly once you try to edit something.

• Thanks 2

• Members

I don't think age matters for this, retail hw is for an equality type thing I think. (since in theory you can't sell ES(?) so doesn't matter how old they are, still only certain individuals will have access to them, in theory :P)

Edited by GeorgeStorm