HWBOT Community Forums

Official HWBOT TEAM CUP 2018 Thread

Leeghoofd

5 hours ago, Leeghoofd said:

No ES CPUs, GPUs or motherboards allowed at all , no matter the age, generation,...

thanks... can't use an ES CPU in  DDR4 Stage 5,  GPU score only I gather - bummed?

So... No HOF GPUs either (can you actually buy these, retail)?  Only gear available retail on/before Day 1 of start - right? (avoid sheet like in Div1Rd2)

Edited by jpmboy

makes me laugh, people trying to push the boundaries, theres never been ES sample allowed in the comps here for anything ever, but yas keep on tryin for it...forget it , it aint happening

i got a couple of ES cpus, and they go like dogs, the same series cpus in the retail smashes em, dunno what all the fuss is with ES is all about

Edited by ozzie
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, ozzie said:

i got a couple of ES cpus, and they go like dogs, the same series cpus in the retail smashes em, dunno what all the fuss is with ES is all about

A lot of ES that's given to OCers are chips that got binned and held back before they made it to retail. So not the traditional "early stepping sent to test mobos with" ES which would typically clock like garbage.

19 hours ago, jpmboy said:

calm down kids, the idea is to make sure all the rules are clear up front.

in case you loud mouths didn't notice, several folks subbed 8086K results into the Div1Rd2 competition.  This is supposedly not permitted, yet there they are.  Look and stop fuckin shouting dimwit.

(and too bad you got dog ES cpus from the manufacturers, lol)

out

Edited by jpmboy

A small question from a small team. We have a small team and active 4-5 overclokers. But for all stages it is necessary to submit 3 results, which can not be done by the existing situation. This rule - the submission of several (three) results is suitable for the COUNTRY CUP competitions, but for TEAM CUP such restrictions do not allow us to participate.
I do not even want to know if there is any way out of this situation :0, and I want to ask whether in 2019 there is a plan to revise these restrictions for Team CUP?

P.S. I was already somehow answered here, "if you can not - do not participate", but I do not think that this is a way out of the situation.

Edited by max1024
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, max1024 said:

A small question from a small team. We have a small team and active 4-5 overclokers. But for all stages it is necessary to submit 3 results, which can not be done by the existing situation. This rule - the submission of several (three) results is suitable for the COUNTRY CUP competitions, but for TEAM CUP such restrictions do not allow us to participate.
I do not even want to know if there is any way out of this situation :0, and I want to ask whether in 2019 there is a plan to revise these restrictions for Team CUP?

P.S. I was already somehow answered here, "if you can not - do not participate", but I do not think that this is a way out of the situation.

You can do what some have done and join another team for the duration of the cup. Or else you can have your members bench nearly every stage. Last year r/oc had a similar number of active members and we got 4th overall. It came down to having a few people benching most every stage and doing everything we could to fill out the stages we couldn't source hw for as well as recruiting more for our team both within PC enthusiast communities on reddit and among our IRL friends.

• Like 1

• Crew

Well most teams only have 3-5 real active benchers...  even if you only do one sub per stage , you will be awarded points, If you can do 3 it is ofcourse better. If you really want to compete for top spots indeed you need to get 3 benchers ready with the right gear. You have to fight with the means you have, try to be efficient in your score, but most of all it is the fun and the team dynamics that make the difference

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, max1024 said:

Me and H20vsLN2 are in the same boat... Currently our team is only 2 of us. If you are looking for a team feel free to join us. Wish there was like a revolving comp like they had with the Rookie Rumble, etc. but one for each league. Actually, just checked and it looks like that isn't even being run anymore. Or the Novice Nimble. Those two events are what got me hooked.

Anyways, good luck to all the teams who can compete in this... Killing myself for not keeping all my hardware over the years.

Just to ensure I'm not mistaken - the idea that we could somehow get all the equipment for every stage we would be restricted to one submission each across every stage and all events within those stages, correct? That would mean two maximum per every stage and the events that make up those stages? Or am I getting mixed up and it's one submission per stage and must choose one event within that stage?

Edited by marco.is.not.80
got the bosses name wrong lol

• Crew

Yes you and Venjamin can both sub per stage, (if they are a different gpu or cpu  or memkit, this depending if its 2 or 3D) but since you are only two you will only get two scores and your average will be lower  as the Bot divides the scores by 3. Time to find a few more members

5 minutes ago, Splave said:

Questions I couldnt find answers for.

ddr1 stage max mhz, 3 submissions does anything have to be different or can all be same mem mobo etc?

dd4 3d11 2x GPU stage can you submit a score with a single GPU? or need sli enabled. thx

I asked Q1 in the DDR1 stage thread; you need unique mem sticks. I believe they can be the same model, but you need pics of the serial then?

• Like 1

• Crew
On ‎8‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 6:55 PM, Splave said:

Questions I couldnt find answers for.

ddr1 stage max mhz, 3 submissions does anything have to be different or can all be same mem mobo etc?

dd4 3d11 2x GPU stage can you submit a score with a single GPU? or need sli enabled. thx

Allen, same cpu, mobo can be used, however mems needs to be different, eg your team can use 2 dimms of G.Skill 3200 C2-2--5, G.Skill 3400 C3-4-4-8 and a set of Corsair 3200 XMS 2-2-2-5.  Same modules/brand.spec per individual submission. Hope this replies to the question

For the SLi/crossfire stage yes it is 2 cards only. Will add MUST USE 2 single core cards that to the rules to make it clearer.

On ‎8‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 7:02 PM, Noxinite said:

I asked Q1 in the DDR1 stage thread; you need unique mem sticks. I believe they can be the same model, but you need pics of the serial then?

Preferably they have to be the same model, makes the moderating easier :p If you start mixing up different modules you might limit the possibilities of a team mate

I cleaned up the thread, keep it on topic lads, thank you :p

Edited by Leeghoofd
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hello,

could you correct the link to hardware.fr [HFR] team on oc-esports?

We have this problem redundantly on oc-esports. Here for instance, when you click on the team link

http://oc-esports.io/?esports=true#!/round/team_cup_2018_ddr2/4356/superpi_-_1m_am2_platform

we wnd up in brazil @ http://hwbot.org/team/hardware.fr_hfr

http://hwbot.org/team/hardware.fr_hfr/

I d suggest to changes the link name once for all since for some reasons they are really close :)
Thank you

Edited by bolc