HWBOT Community Forums

Official HWBOT TEAM CUP 2018 Thread

Leeghoofd

A quick question comes to mind.  Say if a gaming rig with a surround monitor setup is used, and we don't disable the side monitors...  Does the verification screenshot need to have all three screens in it, or are we allowed to crop out the side two?

I'm suspecting it's with all three, but just wanting to confirm.  If all three screens are required, are we allowed to use DisplayFusion (a desktop management pieces of software) to have a custom background on the side ones and the competition in the middle, or do all three need to be the competition background?

Seems silly, but curious questions need to be asked sometimes.

Hi everyone, i have a question for DDR round, stage 2. 

The Stage requires 3x Wprime32M submissions with  Venice core (s754). As I understood  AMD producted just 4 models of Venice processors on 754 (1500+, 3000+,3200+, 3400+). Saw that 1500+ and 3400+ are very hard to find (especially 3400+), are we allowed to use also Palermo cores?

Basically Sempron Palermo and Athlon 64 Venice have the same core, but Palermo has less cache. 

I hope my question was clear. Thank you

3 hours ago, Leeghoofd said:

I need a full screen (including taskbar) of the monitor that displays the benchmark, score , CPu-z and GPu-Z tabs

So if I'm reading that correctly, provided it's cropped to 1920x1080 (aka cropped to just the one monitor's screen) and has all the other requirements, it's okay?

• Crew
3 hours ago, attilorz said:

Hi everyone, i have a question for DDR round, stage 2. 

The Stage requires 3x Wprime32M submissions with  Venice core (s754). As I understood  AMD producted just 4 models of Venice processors on 754 (1500+, 3000+,3200+, 3400+). Saw that 1500+ and 3400+ are very hard to find (especially 3400+), are we allowed to use also Palermo cores?

Basically Sempron Palermo and Athlon 64 Venice have the same core, but Palermo has less cache. 

I hope my question was clear. Thank you

Only the Venice cores, nothing else

2 hours ago, WhiteWulfe said:

So if I'm reading that correctly, provided it's cropped to 1920x1080 (aka cropped to just the one monitor's screen) and has all the other requirements, it's okay?

all the required  info has to be available on the screenshot, how you accomplish that is your thing ?

• Like 1

Hi,

Say there is a stage for cpu, do we need to have different cpus ? say for the wolfdale3m ddr2 stage, can we use 3x e7400?

for 3d now, does it have to be different cpu and gpu ?
and mobo / ram ?

what are thre rules?

moreover, are the dualcore e5xxx e6xxx considered wolfdale 3m?
http://www.cpu-world.com/CPUs/Pentium_Dual-Core/Intel-Pentium Dual-Core E6600 AT80571PH0832ML (BX80571E6600 - BXC80571E6600).html
http://www.cpu-world.com/CPUs/Pentium_Dual-Core/Intel-Pentium Dual-Core E5200 EU80571PG0602M - AT80571PG0602M (BX80571E5200).html

thank you

Edited by bolc

34 minutes ago, bolc said:

Hi,

Say there is a stage for cpu, do we need to have different cpus ? say for the wolfdale3m ddr2 stage, can we use 3x e7400?

and mobo / ram ?

what are thre rules?

http://www.cpu-world.com/CPUs/Pentium_Dual-Core/Intel-Pentium Dual-Core E6600 AT80571PH0832ML (BX80571E6600 - BXC80571E6600).html
http://www.cpu-world.com/CPUs/Pentium_Dual-Core/Intel-Pentium Dual-Core E5200 EU80571PG0602M - AT80571PG0602M (BX80571E5200).html

thank you

Hi,

the E5xxx  and E6xxx are in 2M or 4M not in 3M ( so in the best E7400 E7500 E7600 ) voyons bolc ^^ 

and the GPU stage just the GPU changes I think

Edited by rm3113

• Crew
10 hours ago, bolc said:

Hi,

and mobo / ram ?

what are thre rules?

thank you

like mr Scott said: 2D stages resuire each time a different cPu, so in your case e.g. E7300 -E7400 and a E7600

For 3D just another GPU is required, you can bench in a team session and re-use the same motherboard/CPU and memory

16 hours ago, rm3113 said:

Hi,

the E5xxx  and E6xxx are in 2M or 4M not in 3M ( so in the best E7400 E7500 E7600 ) voyons bolc ^^ 

and the GPU stage just the GPU changes I think

wrong my friend :P i meant pentium e6xxx (abd provided a link :D), so it is 2M as well ! (not haswell :d)

but in all cases, these cpus are made with wolfdale3M dies, but e7xxx has 3Mb cache enabled and E5xxx E6xxx have 2M cache enabled.
since cpu-world.com and other serious cpu listing sites report pentium e5xxx and e6xxx as wolfdale-3m, i'd like to know the position from hwbot before launching my E5800 to the roof :D
plus i assume that the hwbot staff would have written "Core2Duo E7xxx" if they wanted to restrict the stage to this series of cpu, but not have written Wolfdale-3M ?

PS: there is also E3xxx celeron and E2210 as wolfdale-3m, if one wants to try that :D

Edited by bolc

6 hours ago, Leeghoofd said:

like mr Scott said: 2D stages resuire each time a different cPu, so in your case e.g. E7300 -E7400 and a E7600

For 3D just another GPU is required, you can bench in a team session and re-use the same motherboard/CPU and memory

thank you :)

4 hours ago, bolc said:

wrong my friend :P i meant pentium e6xxx (abd provided a link :D), so it is 2M as well ! (not haswell :d)

but in all cases, these cpus are made with wolfdale3M dies, but e7xxx has 3Mb cache enabled and E5xxx E6xxx have 2M cache enabled.
since cpu-world.com and other serious cpu listing sites report pentium e5xxx and e6xxx as wolfdale-3m, i'd like to know the position from hwbot before launching my E5800 to the roof :D
plus i assume that the hwbot staff would have written "Core2Duo E7xxx" if they wanted to restrict the stage to this series of cpu, but not have written Wolfdale-3M ?

PS: there is also E3xxx celeron and E2210 as wolfdale-3m, if one wants to try that :D

any thoughts?

e6500k in particular

http://www.cpu-world.com/CPUs/Pentium_Dual-Core/Intel-Pentium Dual-Core E6500K AT80571XH0772ML (BXC80571E6500K).html

On 8/22/2018 at 4:34 PM, Leeghoofd said:

Only the Venice cores, nothing else

all the required  info has to be available on the screenshot, how you accomplish that is your thing ?

On 8/23/2018 at 12:04 AM, Mr.Scott said:

FWIW, the 1500+ is not supported on 99.9% of the boards, so don't waste your time on it. If you really want one, I'll send you one of mine. I have a few.

On 8/22/2018 at 1:30 PM, ObscureParadox said:

This has been asnwered before, you have to use the Athlons.

Ok, thanks to all of you

Sorry if repeat question but I need some clarification on DDR2 Stage 8 3DMark11 Phy.

The rules say "All versions except v1.0.0"  Is this talking about "Test Version" or "UI Version".  

I did a test sub and I was wondering if its legal: 

http://hwbot.org/submission/3924471_mllrkllr88_3dmark11_physics_core_2_quad_q9650_7192_points

https://www.3dmark.com/3dm11/12895717

Edited by mllrkllr88

On ‎8‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 2:43 PM, Leeghoofd said:

yoo Angelo,

yes Ryzen APU is allow with Win10, but remember only one score will count for the team average. Even if you do 10 scores, only the highest will be there and the rest of the team has to submit two more on other hardware to get the average.

Also remember it is better to have 3 average scores for the team than only 2 good ones. Teams with 3 scores will get a higher rank than teams with 2 or 1 score... even if their scores are top notch, the team with 3 scores is still higher ranked.

@Leeghoofd I know this is the way we always do things (different primary hardware for each scoring sub), but it would be good to have the rules page for each stage or at least each subcomp say that outright, esp for those who haven't benched comps here much or ever.

And BTW LOVE that background. Simple and to the point. ?

• 2 months later...

Thanks @Leeghoofd for a really fun competition.  I think it's fair to say our second place (assuming rankings stay as they are at the point the comp closed) is a third in spirit, I know the rankings would look very different if you hadn't been so busy organising the competition for everyone else.

Edited by mickulty
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Leeghoofd said:

moderating now DDR stage, lots of bads subs in the memory stage... gonna be mister popular again  ?

Thanks for the work, must be a lot to pour through - I appreciate the effort you're putting in.

Unless you delete any of our subs in which case you can sod off :P

(JK)

• Haha 5